[ Brutal Experience ]

Hello Guys,

Today i faced a real tragedy. I want help from you guys.

Today i wanted to open a webserver but i don't have a credit card, but after searching a long time i found a guy on chatting who was ready to share his credit card, the deal was that i will give him the money after opening the website which he will pay from his credit card( i don't know the guy).

He gave me his credit card info. i used that credit card info and purchased a domain name, and hosting plan on GOD*ADDY.com, of approx $400 and started to update and build the website, but after sometime i got a email from god*addy that my purchased domain order has been cancelled and a refund request has been given to god*addy and the account has been locked then i realized the credit card was stolen and the guy who gave me was playing a trick on me, to earn money..

So now guys i need your help.. now i want to know that what are the problems now i m going to face..
    is there any legal action that would be upon me.. or i would go to jail.

i m really terrified so plz help me.
      0 Not allowed!

Secondly i doubt anyone will chase you, there is too much fraud and too little time. But if police come round you can try to tell them it wasn't you who stole it and give them the other person's contact info.
    Last edited by sirius; 11-01-2007 at 10:18 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by peeved View Post
    Secondly i doubt anyone will chase you, there is too much fraud and too little time. But if police come round you can try to tell them it wasn't you who stole it and give them the other person's contact info.
    I second that
    Last edited by sirius; 11-01-2007 at 10:19 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I really do question your age if you are asking for other people to pay for your servers by credit card. I would always pay with mine, if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't buy it.
    Looking for Work level 1-3 Support Tech, Sales/billing tech, Odd management Jobs, and PHP/Mysql small jobs.
    PM me or drop me an email at mm(AT)gotannex(dot)com
    http://monitor.gotannex.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Ahh, How can you believe that some stranger that you meet on road can give you the key of his house or his car?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.
      0 Not allowed!

ok

I know know it was really stupid , but know i really need some help.. so guys plz tell me what to do? plz
      0 Not allowed!

Why the heck would you use someones credit card you don't know in the first place? Did that not seem fishy to you to start with?
      0 Not allowed!

You should have figured out what was going on as soon as he gave you the information.

Use common sense next time and learn from this experience. If anything was affected it wouldnt be your legal record but likely you might be redflagged online as a fraudster
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by peeved View Post
    I think the amount involved would be the only thing keeping them from coming after you..but if they did, it's you they just might grab. They might not believe your story about some guy you just met offering to pay with his credit card, and after all, you used it, and it's stolen.
    Document as much as you can, and hope they don't come knocking.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by moloki View Post
    I know know it was really stupid , but know i really need some help.. so guys plz tell me what to do? plz
    What do you need help with? Do you want another credit card? Just learn from it and move on, there is nothing more you need to do.
      0 Not allowed!

Why not go to the police station and just tell them what's going on before they come looking for you? It will look better on you.

Midpulse | Customized Shared Web Hosting With VPS-Like Resources
    24/7 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups
    www.Midpulse.com - Doing Business Since 2007
      0 Not allowed!

I think your stupid for using someone elses credit card,. ITS ILLEGAL to use someone elses credit card without being the person on the account.
    If you are stupid enough to do this its your own fault.
    Ever heard of money order or wire transfer?
      0 Not allowed!

Have you told your mom and dad yet? I'm assuming your probably a kid since you didn't have a credit card but had the money...
      0 Not allowed!

You learned something today: Do not talk to strangers ... but wht members
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"
      0 Not allowed!

Lol. A hosting plan for 400$. What was it for a lifetime? I'm sure he hasn't payed the other guy who had the stolen cc.
      0 Not allowed!

Any one else think of this?
    http://www.fakechecks.org/videos.html
    Thats the first things that popped into my head while reading this.
      0 Not allowed!

The person probably told them that the card was stolen because of the price $400 is ridiculous for someone you dont know. Unless you told them so?

Secondly, it's not illegal to use someone elses credit card, so don't think you're stupid as GregoryS harshly stated. More foolish and nieve then stupid.

Lastly, you should tell your parents what happened, because it does seem to be that you are a minor and discuss it with them and let them decide what you should do, Not us.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Why the heck would you use someones credit card you don't know in the first place? Did that not seem fishy to you to start with?
    Not to mention entirely illegal.

Why do I have trouble sympathizing? And if you did pull something illegal, telling everybody about it isn't exactly the brightest idea either.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by moloki View Post
    Learn. Grow. Move on.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!