expiry of domain

i want to register a domain which is expired in december 2009.

when it is publicly available to register.
    Forex Trading:: Division of AT (Pvt) Limited
    █ Forex Trading Signals | Gold Trading Signals | Crypto Trading Signals
    24x7 Support | 95% profitable trades

Generally a domains redemption period is only 30 days, but this can change from registrar to registrar, some registrars have an extremely high redemption period

You can backorder the domain, just in case the owner forgets to renew, you will get that domain. If more people have back ordered then the domain will be available to the highest bidder in auction.

it sometimes take 45 - 90 days to come to public and it depends on extension and registrar also.

it is .com domain, expires in first week of december? godaddy is the registrar...then when it will be available to public for normal registration?

noebee i agree with you
    You can backorder the domain, just in case the owner forgets to renew, you will get that domain. If more people have back ordered then the domain will be available to the highest bidder in auction.

how to back order a domain?

I have tried few backorder services including that of godaddy but never had luck with them, though in most of the cases, I was able to book those names manually before backorder service.

So Javed, it depends, if that name is some type of rare name, it's possible that many domain squatters have already backorderd it.

If that name is not something special, I would just keep an eye on it and book it as soon as it is deleted and available again.

Few tips, never visit the domain you are interested in to grab, for such domains use http://www.internic.com/whois.html for whois, do not do whois on the registrars site. Mostly I have seen if registrar (specially godaddy) sees that someone is interested in an expired domain, they themselves grab it.

If godaddy is the registrar, see their terms, time line for domain deletion. Normally it is 75 days (40 grace +30 redemption +5 deletion) from the date of expiry.

Now calculate the remaining days from the domain's expiry date and see how you would like to proceed.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

So Javed, it depends, if that name is some type of rare name, it's possible that many domain squatters have already backorderd it.
    Absolutely truth. These guys seem not sleep at all

It would be difficult if the domain you are looking is rare, if the owner is interested in renewing, obviously the registrars will provide him with the grace period, but will vary depending upon the registrars.

it can take up to around three months if no one else has backordered it.
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!