any idea about this problem ?

Hello,

Today when my server went down, I first tried to open APC to reboot it but it was not working than I opened a ticket with host requesting reboot and got the reply within 5 minutes saying we are rebooting your server now than after 15 minutes got another reply saying your server should be back online now and when I logged into WHM > Apache Status Page, I found this : Server uptime: 8 days 39 minutes 40 seconds

seems like server was not down or even not rebooted, I think there was some technical problem from their side,

What do you think ?

Best Regards
    Hassan

What datacenter is your server with? That sounds a lot like what happened to me today with a GNAX server. The server went down, and when I tried to open APC it wasn't working either so I had to put in a ticket.
    ►►►Come join us at A Fun FRIENDLY Christian Forum◄◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan
    What do you think ?
    I think they rebooted someoneelse's server.

Quote Originally Posted by junglecat
    What datacenter is your server with? That sounds a lot like what happened to me today with a GNAX server. The server went down, and when I tried to open APC it wasn't working either so I had to put in a ticket.
    Well I have server with versaweb and today the same problem happened again....means its the 2nd time the server went down in the 7 days of June and APC is also not working, I have opened a ticket 30 mins ago but no single reply yet....this down time is causing me huge loss......and my site repo is also going down because of this....may be I will move the server to another company if the same will happen again....

You should also ask yourself why the server is always down.

Might be a problem with hardware or software... you need to examine it.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Yes, maybe is an error of software, that cause this downtime..

Quote Originally Posted by net
    You should also ask yourself why the server is always down.

Might be a problem with hardware or software... you need to examine it.
    Kinda funny though when the server and APC both go down and then both come back up. Sounds like a problem at the datacenter to me.

yanno i never do this but in this case i have to say that...

you are all over the place at every forum iv come across complaining about versaweb didnt do this and didnt do that..and saying your going to move to a different provide.

well why dont you do that then? instead of hitting every forum out there repeating your self and spaming ( yes i call it spaming) every forum?

also have you even checked your server or had an admin(3rd party) look at your server and optmize it for better perforamce and usage?

now on a side note sometimes versaweb support can take a little while to get a response but at the same time YOU as the server admin can do something about it rather then talking about doing something. talk is cheap actions speak louder then words.

PS>
    this isnt a flame nor am i trying to put you down but seriously its not necessary
    to bounce forum to forum saying the exact same thing

Thanks
    OCXBIOS

OCXBIOS, I assume you are directing your post to Hassan?

Quote Originally Posted by junglecat
    OCXBIOS, I assume you are directing your post to Hassan?

Yes, im sorry i didnt express that .ill edit my post to reflect that

OCXBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by OCXBIOS
    yanno i never do this but in this case i have to say that...

you are all over the place at every forum iv come across complaining about versaweb didnt do this and didnt do that..and saying your going to move to a different provide.

well why dont you do that then? instead of hitting every forum out there repeating your self and spaming ( yes i call it spaming) every forum?

also have you even checked your server or had an admin(3rd party) look at your server and optmize it for better perforamce and usage?

now on a side note sometimes versaweb support can take a little while to get a response but at the same time YOU as the server admin can do something about it rather then talking about doing something. talk is cheap actions speak louder then words.

PS>
    this isnt a flame nor am i trying to put you down but seriously its not necessary
    to bounce forum to forum saying the exact same thing

Thanks
    OCXBIOS

This is directed to Hassan

OCXBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by OCXBIOS
    Yes, im sorry i didnt express that .ill edit my post to reflect that

OCXBIOS
    Ok, I wasn't sure, since you posted directly after me. I was wondering if there was another junglecat posting all over at other forums. I knew it wasn't me!

To give them so credit have you logged into shell and done a uptime. Ive seen in the past where apache will report that it has been up for days even though I know I restarted either the machine or the daemon.

If the server and APC weren't accessible, sounds like a switch. And it's true that Hassan loves to post against Versaweb - OCX seems like the biggest advocate. 2 extremes.

OCX- you are one very loyal customer to Rob and versaweb. All hosting companies should be lucky enough to have savvy and loyal customers like you.

-A

Quote Originally Posted by alger
    If the server and APC weren't accessible, sounds like a switch. And it's true that Hassan loves to post against Versaweb - OCX seems like the biggest advocate. 2 extremes.

OCX- you are one very loyal customer to Rob and versaweb. All hosting companies should be lucky enough to have savvy and loyal customers like you.

-A
    iv been with versaweb for almost 2 years, and while they do need improvements
    in certin areas of there business, i see no reason to have to jump ship, while others have there own needs versaweb works out fine for me, iv had very little network down time Rob has done soooooo much for me without askin a dime i just cant see myself leaving over piddly things.

now if they had down time like crazy (network) and NEVER got back to me when i needed them most..i would certainlly move to another provider quicker then you can say the ABC.s backwards!!! lol

but im not here posting for or agasnt versaweb, everyone has there own issues with a company but man cmon if you ask what 2+ 2 equals and you get an anwser
    why go to every forum you can think of that is simler to WHT and ask the same question ?..

im tryin to be poliet and professional about it but crying over spilt milk and doing nothing about it is another.

OCXBIOS