Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WesternAvenue.biz again down

WesternAvenue.biz again down

I am facing frequent downtimes with them since I signed-up

yes, over 3 weeks i lost contact with them or my email never get replies, thanks i never use service from western

Me too !

Damn it !
    Sucks a lot

anyone order from wester avenue??

manadospace, please use www.westernavenue.biz/contact.php when emailing us. we have not received any emails from you.

the drives had to do a few fscks to fix a few errors. I promise we are aware of all downtime issues and give them our full attention to get our servers back up. with fscks we have to wait for them to finish before the machine comes back online. there is no way to stop them if the server forces a fsck when it starts up.

Hello,
    We have been informed by fdcservers.net that our hard drive has failed on our cpanel server. They installed a new hard drive for us and set up our old drive as a slave drive. I am working on seeing if there is any possibility of data recovery.
    - Anthony

Update: I have Scott from admingeekz working with us to attempt to restore as much data as possible on the new drive.

well i mean 2 weeks maybe to continue my custom order, dont know if you still available with this downtime so long?

Quote Originally Posted by manadospace View Post
    well i mean 2 weeks maybe to continue my custom order, dont know if you still available with this downtime so long?
    Have you paid for an account yet? Ive replied to all of your sales emails I think.

Another update... scott and his staff are working on this very difficult project. Most of the data we need is scattered in the lost and found folder. Scott and his staff are working to put all the data back together to try to get us back online soon. I am very thankful for their help.

Quote Originally Posted by WAbizTony View Post
    Have you paid for an account yet? Ive replied to all of your sales emails I think.
    i will PM you...and can you remind me too if your already done and online and ready to rock again...

We are looking at another 24 hours until everything is restored. I will continue to post updates.

Please keep us updated, this is very frustrating.

Good to see that Tony is keeping everyone informed. Hopefully all works out for the best.

I've had similar problems, unfortunately.

Since joining, my sites have not worked for the past month. I was going to opt for the refund, but figured I'd let it ride out the month. Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten better so I have decided to cancel the service - I believe I haven't had one FULL day of uptime yet.

Tony's a nice guy, but I my customers don't take that as an excuse as to why their sites are down.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon before he loses more business.

Today I got this mail from << email removed to prevent spamming >>

Hello,
    Our main hard drive on our cpanel server failed losing all data on it.
    We will be able to recreate your account within the next 24 hours,
    however, there will be no data on it.

Now what?!
    Last edited by the_pm; 07-15-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    I've had similar problems, unfortunately.

Since joining, my sites have not worked for the past month. I was going to opt for the refund, but figured I'd let it ride out the month. Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten better so I have decided to cancel the service - I believe I haven't had one FULL day of uptime yet.

Tony's a nice guy, but I my customers don't take that as an excuse as to why their sites are down.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon before he loses more business.
    Same with me; i've lost a few customers due to this repetitive downtime.

most of /home and /mysql is restored. however cpanel accounts need to be recreated to be able to use the restored data.

please contact us and we'll get everything sorted out quickly

Hi Tony,

I've sent you the account information for one of my domains so that it can be restored and subsequently transfered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    Hi Tony,

I've sent you the account information for one of my domains so that it can be restored and subsequently transfered.

Thanks
    You issued a chargeback on my paypal account.

Quote Originally Posted by WAbizTony View Post
    You issued a chargeback on my paypal account.
    I canceled the subscription. I figured one month was enough of no service - the first month I'll leave it as a testing fee. But I do not wish to continue, no.

However, it seems I can't even do that.

Anyway, I need that site restored ASAP please.

Thanks

Down, yet again !

Seems like they are back up, are you still having trouble NHN-Johnny?

WesternAvenue - Problems No More

I noticed noone has wrote since 5-28. Could this be because people only care about the bad news. I just got off of chat with Tony and he spent hundreds of dollars and a few sleepless nights recovering your data and mine. And personally because I did not have a backup of my own sites I really appreciate the effort involved in restoring my sites. It is not often that such a low priced hosting provider will go to such effort to help their customers. If you had your data restored and are happy with your hosting maybe you can reply to this post.

Trey

PS I am not Tony, My name is Trey Brister in Texas and you can call me at 2145274887 if you have any questions.
    Last edited by lifetimewebhost; 06-02-2007 at 03:38 PM. Reason: ADDING INFO

Thumbs up Much appreciated

Hi,

I had one client in particular who has about 2,5 GBytes of email data. I have them using IMAP.

Thankfully most of it was restored.

Great success on that front. Some other sites weren't so lucky, but they weren't too important either.

I usually do backups, but the last few weeks before the crash, server has always had a load >=15 ; so I didn't want to hose the thing with a 2,5GB process.

At time of writing, load is 10,5

(Please note I use European system of numbering.
    Ex. 10000 is written as 10.000,00)

Cheers,

Matador

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast