Cheap Domain Registration? Cheap But Reliable!

Hello, I am currently with 1and1 and i have a total of 23 Domains... I am at wits end with them, and am leaving IMMEDIATELY. I considered transferring the domains to GoDaddy (just for domains, i have hosting) but at 10$ per site, i didn't really want to pay for the domains AGAIN.
    When I transfer the domains, do i have to pay for a whole year at the time of registration, or does it let me go through until it expires as planned? Also, Are there any reliable sites that let you register several domains at a discount? Keep in mind, i need the ability to transfer...

I use to use 1and1 Hosting, And on that hosting package i have the domains registered. When i cancel that hosting package, it will just End my domains, so i have to get them off the account before i can close it..

Hi Mattballew,

As your domains are expiring and you want to transfer to new registrar i.e Godaddy, when you transfer the domain to another registrar it gets renewed automatically.

Example you have a domain say mywebsite.com which is expiring on 25th feb 2012, so when you transfer this domain to new registrar it get renewed for next year along with transfer.

And as you said that you have 23 domain and you want to pay $10 USD per website, i would suggest to go for a VPS Plan with CPanel on which you can host unlimited domains and have complete control over the server.

For more information i request you to please specify more details.
    ProHosterz Web Solutions - Reliable Web Hosting for the right price.
    █ Domain Name | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 7 Day Money Back Guarantee, 24/7 Premium Support
    █ Follow Us on Twitter @prohosterz More Info Visit: ProHosterz.com

Quote Originally Posted by prohosterz View Post
    Hi Mattballew,

As your domains are expiring and you want to transfer to new registrar i.e Godaddy, when you transfer the domain to another registrar it gets renewed automatically.

Example you have a domain say mywebsite.com which is expiring on 25th feb 2012, so when you transfer this domain to new registrar it get renewed for next year along with transfer.

And as you said that you have 23 domain and you want to pay $10 USD per website, i would suggest to go for a VPS Plan with CPanel on which you can host unlimited domains and have complete control over the server.

For more information i request you to please specify more details.
    I agree that VPS plan with cpanel would be the most feasible option for you.

About $10 is standard now for registering .com domains but some registrars have lower transfer-in pricing. Godaddy is $8.17 and Name.com is $8.49 to transfer in a .com. At all registrars this extends your registration period by a year
    Last edited by Techno; 02-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.

What you can do is, transfer your domains one by one according to the date of their expiry. In this way you need not to spend too much money in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattballew View Post
    but at 10$ per site, i didn't really want to pay for the domains AGAIN.
    When I transfer the domains, do i have to pay for a whole year at the time of registration
    When you transfer a gTLD domain it "renews" automatically - hence there is a cost of ~$10/£7 to migrate them between registrars.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

There are many companies providing cheap domain name registration services.
    I'd suggest to choose ICAN-accredited Registrar in order to avoid future problems.

godaddy and namecheap. Godaddy gives $1 domain reg in some times

i agree buying vps w/ cpanel to control your domains it is unlimited ...you dont have to have problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    About $10 is standard now for registering .com domains but some registrars have lower transfer-in pricing. Godaddy is $8.17 and Name.com is $8.49 to transfer in a .com. At all registrars this extends your registration period by a year
    Except in the rare case of when a domain expires, is then renewed, and then transferred out within 45 days of renewal.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by billaa View Post
    What you can do is, transfer your domains one by one according to the date of their expiry. In this way you need not to spend too much money in bulk.
    I think this sounds like a good solution if you do not want to pay 230$ in bulk even when your domains are not up for renewal. Then again if you insist on leaving immediately then you may have to bite the bullet and pay the price

name.com, and also there's plenty of hosting places that offer free transfers, or so I've seen.

there is no choice you have to pay for domain transfer
    Online WebHosting And Linux Server Support
    █ DirectAdmin & Cpanel/Whm & CWP & Zpanel & Kloxo & etc ...
    █ Installing and configuration WebServer | Nginx & Apache & LiteSpeed
    Linux System Admin & Troubleshooting | Mysql & Webserver LoadBalancing

Cheaper? go to namecheap.com, they have good prices.

godaddy offering free domain transfer

According to ICANN (International council for assigned names and numbers) policies, every domain name registrar should allow their users to be able to transfer their domain names to any other domain name registrar (as they wish). But, all you need to have is "a domain secret" i.e. is obviously provided by the domain name registrar (Any) to their customers. By using the domain secret you can easily transfer the domain to what ever registrar you want. And i would suggest you to contact the new domain name registrar (where you want to transfer the domain) and ask some support in completing the job done!