Question client's mail server can't receive mail from one domain

i have a client hosting a web site with me who uses his own email server on his DSL line. i have the MX set to his static IP address. his incoming and outgoing email works just fine except from just one of his associates. whenever this associate sends my client email he gets an email message back form his ISP's SMTP server stating that the mail was undeliverable and "Unknown user: client@clientdomain.com". the spelling for the email address is correct on both ends. what could cause a problem like this?
    Paul
    Netastic

first you have t create an a record mail pointing to the ip of the server. than you have to set the mx record to mail. and not directly to the ip, never works.
    In the beginning there was nothing. Then, for a few billion years, there was irrelevance. Finally, there was fragleader. And, yes, it was good.

below shows how i have the DNS set up. could you look at it and let me know what changes you recommend? 216.234.186.114 is the web server IP address and 198.173.223.153 is the customer's WAN IP address.

raymondwalsh.com has an IP of 216.234.186.114
    mail for raymondwalsh.com is delivered to 198.173.223.153 with a preference of 5
    www has an IP of 216.234.186.114
    mail for www is delivered to 198.173.223.153 with a preference of 5
    Non-matching DNS requests forwarded to 216.234.186.114
    Paul
    Netastic

the problem seems to have been caused by the fact that the previous host still had the old DNS record set up. i requested them to delete that DNS record which seems to have fixed the problem.
    Paul
    Netastic