Question ecommerce software

Hey,

i've been browsing quite a lot for ecommerce software, i know there is quite a lot of free software availible such as oscommerce but i wanted to know what is the best commercial solutions were before i made a choice .... so just post the ones you know and maybe comment

thanks in advance !!
    Ash.

Honestly, I have used alot of software. OSCommerce is the best for online shops. It's definitely the most advanced, and not to hard to customize.

CubeCart is also a good one, also free. This one is a lot more simpler though and does not support downloadable products.
    Ralix, LLC

i dont know its just i dont like it for some reason....

i'd say im looking for something on the lines of amazon ... but something tells me its not going to be very cheap

there must be some versions.
    Ash.

If you know PHP or ASP, customization can be the key.

well i've done the template im going to use its all about the backend now, and im not sure wether oscommerce would suite what i need to do.
    Ash.

If you are using CSS, etc you might have a good chance to check out: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/...ons/category,8 and the people in the http://forums.oscommerce.com/ also might be able to offer you some great advice

i see zen cart is the best so far

Open Source - Zen Cart is definately the best one Ive seen/used

Commercial - monstercommerce.com is good for the price (though lacks any decent options for Canadian Gateways so we don't end up using it too much)

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

We use Corey and Russ at http://www.merchantaccounts4less.com for some of our e-commerce development. His staff has been great at getting us set up with our e-commerce development and hosting.

Hi Ash,

Are there any particular requirements that you have for this shopping cart/ordering software? I.e. specific features that you need or a "wish list" of any kind?

Given those details, we may all be able to suggest some other alternatives if you don't want to go the osCommerce / ZenCart route.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

well, you see i need a really smooth system, for admin, ordering, member section, support system and sophisticated system to handle quite a big amount of products, credit facities etc.

php would be a good option because its easy to maintain and update.

im not really experince with ecommerce websites but i do need a good and realible system for sure.
    Ash.

one word: OsCommerce

another word, zencart, much better than oscommerce

How are people getting around the limitation of osCommerce requiring register_globals enabled?

Most security conscious web hosts disable register_globals.

Woody

There are numerous commercial solutions. If you are interested in getting your online store into search engines, you are going to want to make sure the cart is search engine friendly. Dynamic websites are not liked by the engines. If the cart is not search friendly, you will need to either design a way to create individual static pages or do heavy modification the cart. But do keep in mind, not all shopping carts are created equal.
    SearchFit Shopping Cart - The Search Engine Friendly Shopping Cart System

...And For Hosts, ISPs, Designers, & SEOs, check out our Shopping Cart Reseller Program

OSCommerce

pagekeeper,

OSCommerce is widely regarded. It not only is pre-integrated to Authorize.Net, the company I worked at for many years, but also it is now integrated to the Plug'n Pay gateway so you have multiple payment gateway options.

Hope that info helps.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

osCommerce also has gateway plug-in modules for pretty much every other major gateway out there.

However, I'd definitely agree that Authorize.Net is the best fit as there seems to be more community support for Authorize.Net-specific gateway modules than any other system and you may find some of them to have support for features that you need.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!