Anyone living in Ontario/Canada?...

I got this mail from Reader's Digest saying that you are a potential winner of a sweepstakes worth a million dollar out of 98.5% other residents.

The mail itself is pretty hefty, contain pretty 'heavy' documents and letters. And all I need to do is to return it.

Now the thing is, I didn't even subscribe to Reader's Digest, never and ever, how the heck did they know my address anyway?

Most importantly is, is this real / should I even bother with it? Does anyone else got this same thing?

"potential" means you haven't won yet: Don't waste your time.

Don't waste your time. No one ever actually wins that. It's snail-mail spam, basically.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

Just throw it out I doubt youll ever get a response if you send it in.
    ••• Edrick Smith •••
    ••• C47 Hosting LLC | Media Centric High Demand Web Services •••

Quote Originally Posted by fromage
    Don't waste your time. No one ever actually wins that. It's snail-mail spam, basically.
    Heh. Hit it dead on the nail. I used to fall for those, but nothing ever comes from it. Don't waste your time with it.

I see, but how did they even know my full name though?

Of all the sweepstakes mail I received, this one actually have my name, express-delivery from Montreal, and as I said before the package itself is pretty hefty... so its kinda promising.. it even said 'Finalist Status, bla bla, etc'

I google'd it and found http://www.readersdigest.ca/sweeps.html

Meh... I'm just curious

Who knows how they got your info. Have you entered any other kind of sweepstakes (not by Readers Digest)? Maybe something you did online. You could send it in, who knows, you could win... I don't really know if anyone has won those things though. Readers Digest has been doing this kind of thing for years now.

My mom has been filling those out for as long as I can remember. Oddly enough, she is a finalist EVERY year.
    Cody Watson
    Business Student @ SFU [Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management & Technology, Co-op Certificate, Honours]

Quote Originally Posted by cwatson
    My mom has been filling those out for as long as I can remember. Oddly enough, she is a finalist EVERY year.
    No way, my mom too!
    Can you be scared half to death twice?