Question perlbill .. anyone home ??

well, i finally decided on perlbill ... i ordered it over a day ago and have yet to recieve anything besides a worldpay reciept. i have emailed them, and have gottn no response what so ever ... is this typical for perlbill ? why would they take my 200 and run ?

any body know what their deal is ?
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !
      0 Not allowed!

I heard the creator of Perlbill is extremely busy with something. Hence why support and even sales are extremely slow. I believe that his sister is in the hospital for cancer so I'm sure he'll get back to you, but it will take longer then the usual. If worst comes to worst, you can always do a chargeback.
      0 Not allowed!

oh my goodness. i hope all is ok with the developer !! i am not considering a charge back just yet, as i really want to use the software. thanks for the update, but perldesk was so fast to give the download, while perl bill is a killer waiting ...
    i hope it is resolved quickly.
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
      0 Not allowed!

"i am not considering a charge back just yet"

I should hope not, its only been a day. Nowhere does it say "instant download". John is a great guy and he will set you up as soon as physically possible.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

I have to agree about John. I've always found him fair and honest...try to remain patient.
      0 Not allowed!

got it ... (2 and a half days later ...)
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
      0 Not allowed!

Two & 1/2 days really isn't that bad.. I could see how you could be complaining if it was over a week.. but meh.. some people are so impatient.
    E. Anderson
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for your really informative post eanderson ... what is the point in posing after the issue was resolved ? maybe we can all add pointless replies to try and get our post count up !!

but meh ..
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
      0 Not allowed!

let me know how support is. It has been essentially non-existant for us.

I hope all is well with the family and nothing horrible is going on. That might explain why there are no answers to common questions in Johns forums.

When I did deal with him a year ago he seemed like he had a good product, and wanted to continue development of it, but since the last 4 months or so, it has been , for lack of a better word, horrible. (support)
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat
      0 Not allowed!

gump ... there is no support at all ! I have emailed about 6 times in 12 days and have gotten 2 replies back. of which, neither helped at all. john keeps saying that he will get back with me then goes away for like 3-5 days at a time ... my forum posts are unanswered ... i am not sure what is going on at all, but i am pretty bummed that i cannot get a little support from him when he knew how bad i needed his script.

i hope all is well for him !! but i need some help too.
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah its a shame, the product is the best out there IMO (when/if it works.

Ah well, let me know if he ever starts answering his forum posts.
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat
      0 Not allowed!

PerlBill has no support.

on June, it took them 15 days to answer to my posts and emails!

Good software, but NO SUPPORT!
      0 Not allowed!

John is a great guy, and perlbill has alot of potential. Thats why it pains me to say this.

I would NOT purchase this software right now. I ordered it back in January, it hosed two months worth of billing that ended up having to be done by hand.

Unfortunately there is no refund policy either.

Good potential just not there yet.
      0 Not allowed!

Well well charge it back.

Its a valid chargeback as the support is just as important as the software, and he is selling 6 months of support as part of the product. Which obviously isnt around, there I see a product that is falsly advertising, and subject to chargeback.
      0 Not allowed!

Zach:

I am more than happy to issue a refund if you ceased using perlbill and were disatisfied with the software, as you made me aware of that within reasonable time after your purchase.

--

Regarding the delay on approving Nate's order, PerlDesk purchases are approved instantly but due to the fraud level on PerlBill transactions they are manually approved and verified.

Regarding the support, steps are being taken to improve support; unfortunately I do have a family member in hospital at the moment which is causing some disrupt to my working schedule, but I do recognise the need for improvement and will be making arrangements in the near future.

Anyone with any issues please email csupport@perlbill/desk.com and I will assist.

Kind Regards

John
    John Bennett
    PerlBill / PerlDesk Developer
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear about John's family member.

I purchased PerlBill almost a year ago and am still waiting for it to be updated with features and bug fixes before I can seriously consider using it.

I would recommend that people wait until version 3.1 (it's currently at 2.1) is out before purchasing. It still needs a lot of work.
      0 Not allowed!