Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation

Thought I'd tell you guys this since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet.

NameBargain.com is now selling domain names for $5.99 per domain/year.

Register.com offers additional registrations for $7.25 per domain/year

NetworkSolutions.com has a limited period offer for selling domain names for $10 per domain/year using a special interface.
    They sent me an email asking me if I would like to register the .net and the .org versions of all the .com domains I own!

The race is gettin' real hot now

Guess the mad rush for domain names won't lessen too drastically in the near future at least!!!

Learner

[Edited by Learner on 09-20-2000 at 06:46 PM]

I couldnt ...

Originally posted by Learner
    Thought I'd tell you guys this since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet.

NameBargain.com is now selling domain names for $5.99 per domain/year.

Register.com offers additional registrations for $7.25 per domain/year

NetworkSolutions.com has a limited period offer for selling domain names for $10 per domain/year using a special interface.
    They sent me an email asking me if I would like to register the .net and the .org versions of all the .com domains I own!

The race is gettin' real hot now

Guess the mad rush for domain names won't lessen too drastically in the near future at least!!!

Learner

[Edited by Learner on 09-20-2000 at 06:46 PM]
    find the reference to a 7.95 registrations on Register.com do you know if thats only on new domains or if it applies to all your domains less your 1st one?

I have 7 domains..it would be really nice to get a price cut

Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Cool Congrats God(dess) !!!!!

Dana, Welcome to Mt. Olympus !!!!!

I came to know about these price cuts during a discussion at our office today. However, I personally had received an email from NetSol.com earlier.

I just checked out the NameBargain.com site and the info was accurate.

But I checked out the Register.com site for you too just now, and couldn't see any info on prices for additional domain registrations. But if I remember correctly, the lower price is valid only for additional registrations. So I guess one would have to actually proceed to register a domain name to see this online offer from Register.com

Maybe someone else could throw some more light on this.

Learner

Re: Congrats God(dess) !!!!!

Originally posted by Learner
    Dana, Welcome to Mt. Olympus !!!!!

I came to know about these price cuts during a discussion at our office today. However, I personally had received an email from NetSol.com earlier.

I just checked out the NameBargain.com site and the info was accurate.

But I checked out the Register.com site for you too just now, and couldn't see any info on prices for additional domain registrations. But if I remember correctly, the lower price is valid only for additional registrations. So I guess one would have to actually proceed to register a domain name to see this online offer from Register.com

Maybe someone else could throw some more light on this.

Learner
    Thanks Learner *G* ..lessee I made godess status today ..made a new friend..and got a client life is good

Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Two other offers you'll want to SNAP up - HURRY!!! :

Networksolutions : Now registering .com.ru (these are free Russian domains), for *only* $199/yr.

Web.com : Now you can register your http://NAME.web.com for *only* $28/yr.

Interesting that subdomains are being priced 3x more than domains.

Exclamation

Chicken, it gets worse.

You can now register your domainname.au.com for only $110 Australian dollars every two years! (around $57 US)

Bloody profiteers... http://www.au.com

*lol* yeah I've seen the 'local' costs for domains. First off I thought it might be cheaper to go local (with the exchange rate and all). Then I saw the 'conditions' AU sets, quickly followed by the price. All for a domain I could get as a .com (if I'm not too picky) that doesn't need that awful country code stamped after it.

I tell you, between that, oil prices, and a dollar that's fast becoming as much monopoly money as it looks, it's a wonder people even bother over here.

Still those american checks are kinda nice right now...
    $1(AU) = 53.80c(US)
    Then again, all my hosting costs, domain registrations, and fiance's credit card go back the other way into US dollars so I suppose it's a break even thing.

Greg Moore
    http://www.akashik.net
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Greg, true. I'm just hoping when I eventually withdraw my Yahoo! stocks that the exchange rate is still this far down. I'm holding off though since Yahoo's dropped about 50% from its height. I'm patient (and I've got more than enough in the bank to get me through for quite a while)

P.S. Don't bother asking, 'Which bank?' - and it ain't the Commonwealth either (Aussie insider joke to the Americans )

Well it couldn't be The Commonwealth Bank - you'd never save money with them. With their fees and charges they make Ned Kelly look like Darryl Sommers. (another Oz insider joke for the amercians) *chuckle*

Greg Moore
    http://www.akashik.net
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Talking

LOL! 'Nuff said.

If you want REAL value - become a reseller for .com.au domain names. Instead of $140 (US$$75.60), you pay only $110 (US$59.40), and the initial deposit is only $1000 (US$540). And don't forget, all .com.au registrations have 2 day turnaround times, unless you go for the express option (double the price) which is only 2 hours!

Good grief.

I found these sites great, but not so "cool" for a web hosting provider to register the domain

with namebargin and a few others, they put their DNS servers on the domain when you register it, then you need to open a ticket to have them change it.

I am looking for a cheap source to allow my users to register a domain name and let them have access to it.

The closest i came to on this is Registrars.com which have diff programs, one charges your cc and you manage the domain for as low as $10 a year per domain

another one allows you to have your own domain registration form and puts your dns servers in there, thats the normal $30 a year fee...this is what i want, but in a "cheaper" cost per domain

any ideas?

Thumbs up

Howdy,

The best deal so far is
    enom.com

they sell domains for $6.95 per domain per year

All you have to do is sign up to be a reseller. BUT it gets better ... there is no minimum amount you have to pay to become a reseller. So you can become a reseller and purchase individual domains or resell them depending on your plan.

There is not catch either. You have full control of the domain. They also provide client software you can install on your server and sell domains to your clients. I haven't tried this yet I use OpenSRS right now.

later

David
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com
    http://www.systware.com

Cool

Thanks David for the info. I just wanted to clarify where Enom.com mentions that they are offering domain names for $6.95 per domain/year.

I just visited their website and couldn't see the above rate anywhere. What I saw is this breakup:

Quantity (Price per name per year)
    1-9 ($30)
    10-99 ($28)
    100-249 ($20)
    250+ ($15)

Kindly do clarify.

Learner

Howdy Learner,

Yeah you are correct, they do not mention it in their main web site. It would be counter productive since everyone would sign up to be a reseller!

You have to go the the reseller area and send an email to the reseller email address there and indicate interest. They will reply with instructions on how to do this. You then setup your reseller account. It is rather simple. (almost sounds like a quest )

after you set up your account you will be able to register domains for 6.95

Only issues here are I do not know how long they can stay in business at those prices. But I am sure they have a plan.

later

David
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com

Do you pay for the domains with them with your own CC or are you able to allow your client to be billed? (enom.com)

I am looking for someplace that i dont have to give them my cc to register the domain. I dont want to take the chance anymore if my clients card gets declined if i charge them for the domain registration..

I think you can use any CC
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com

You must use a CC.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Quick Question: Do they allow you to list the contact information with your domain name servers like OpenSRS. We currently use OpenSRS so that we are listed as the seller and we want to continue that but at the same time we are also always interested in saving money!
    MadMax82

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

I'm not sure about that. If you do switch to enom, what are you going to use to register domains (cgi..)?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Well right now we are not looking at switching because we are just getting our scripts working on our site! But we were a little shocked that we had put up $500 for the quickstart program only to see a bunch of people offering registrations at $5.99 or so. So far we have not seen direct control panel access for our customers with a price at $5.99. This is important to us because of previous customer problems (i.e. repoint my domain NOW because my web host screwed me requests). So now we are happy with the OpenSRS program but we do not want to get beat with pricing either <grin>. Let me know if anyone finds that level of service at $5.99. We frankly want our own DNS servers and interface because we had a customer find out how we were registering our names by using the DNS and they then tried to use that to bargain down the prices. No fun...
    MadMax82

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Originally posted by PepsiCoke

I am looking for a cheap source to allow my users to register a domain name and let them have access to it.
    any ideas?
    http://www.easyhosting.com/

$15.00 CANADIAN + 7% tax $16.05 about a little over $10. U.S.
    OpenSRS system full domain name control panel lets you change everything yourself.

This company is no flake outfit. It is a public company and majority owner is BCE Inc. (for those who don't know BCE it used to own Nortel)

Actually eNom allows your to provide control panel access to your clients. You can assign passwords to seperate domains and they've got an unbranded control panel...

They're at $6.95 per month. Only problem is, if you don't run NT servers, you'll need a programmer to develop a perl system for you. They give you the perl commands and everything, but you just got to put it all together and make it look good. That's my problem.

Thanks,
    Brandon

$6.95/domain/year

but I believe the price has gone up if you do not purchase over 1000 domains a month.

The price per domain for less than 1000 domains per month is $9.99
    Systematic Software
    david.iyoha@systware.com

Gotta agree with gthorley on this one....although the price is now 19.95 CDN..

I registered my domain, it was active within 48 hours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast