Looking for cost effect Voip PBX and Software

The company I work for is looking for a type of Voip PBX system that we can make calls via our internet. We are going to upgrade to the highest business DSL that AT&T has.. to be able to use quick voip.

We need the ability to be able to click on a phone number and have it dial through our existing phones. I bought a Voip Gateway to hook up to the computer and phone to be able to do this. What other software/hardware do we need?

I'm at the beginning of this project, and at this point... I really don't know much or where to start!
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

You might not need to get a bigger internet connection depending on how many concurrent calls you're looking at handling. As long as your connection is 'fat' enough then getting a 'fatter' one isn't going to help any really. You can get an idea about how much bandwidth calls are going to take by checking here - bandwidth calculator. Just set it to SIP and g.711 and that should give you a good idea.

You say you're looking at a 'click to call' feature? Is this for customers calling you or you're wanting to set something up in-house to make your outgoing calls?
    SysAdminMan - Asterisk PBX hosting - FreePBX, A2Billing and Elastix

Thanks for the bandwidh calculator i'll check that out. Currently we have 3MB down and 1MB up. We can increase this to 6MB down and 3MB up. That is bytes, not bites.

We want the feature for our salesperson to click on a phone number and it dials.

It would certainly be possible to do this with Asterisk (or one of it's distributions - Elastix, trixbox, pbx-iaf..) although that may be overkill for what you're trying to do.

To do it with Asterisk you'd need -

- A server running Asterisk! (could either be local to you or a VPS/dedicated somewhere)
    - A voip service provider (to terminate your outgoing call on a normal phone line)
    - VOIP phones for your sales people (either using a normal phone and the adapters you brought/softphone running on a PC/voip phone)
    - A click-to-call script (I've hacked this around before and implemented it for someone)

Like I said, it would work but hopefully someone knows of a simpler solution? :-)
    SysAdminMan - Asterisk PBX hosting - FreePBX, A2Billing and Elastix

Thanks for the info above. We do have a click-2-call service that we pay for.. and I do admit.. roughly 40% of the people who use our click-2-call do eventually buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bucasia View Post
    - A click-to-call script (I've hacked this around before and implemented it for someone)

Try VoipNow, is a hosted PBX software for hosting environment with click2call feature included and TAPI (MS Outlook) integration.
    It is even optimized to run on a VPS. Download the software and install also the browser module (kind of Skype plug-in that recognize the phone numbers into a webpage and highlight them to perform click2call)
    the site is 4psa.com

Hope that help
    Regards,
    Cornelius

There are umpteen number of players who provide click2call or webdial services. 800PBX, Ringcentral are probably the preferred ones. If price is a concern, RC is good. If you want feature rich, speech driven solution - 800PBX. If you are ok hosting your servers own, go with asterisk and look for call originate option in manager api. BTW, IMO - its worth investing ~15$ per channel for G729 licensing as it brings down the BW requirement by 128 -> 16kbs.

Good luck.