What do you look for?

Hello all,

I am interested in finding out what you all look for in a hosting account? MySQL, Bandwidth, Space, Features?

If you could prioritize them it would be greatly helpfull, for example:

1. Space
    2. Bandwidth
    3. Support
    4. Subdomains
    5. Email Accounts
    6. Control Panel

You get the idea.... Thanks in advance for your help.

-Robert
    Hosting, VDS, and Colocation Solutions
    by Digital Isles, Inc.
    http://www.digitalisles.com

Different strokes for different folks - I'd say...
    It's coming... ^_^!

Customer Service at First !

Dear Robert,

Myself I would go for the followings:

1. Customer Service
    2. Technical Support
    3. Reliability
    4. High performance
    5. Ease of use

Sorry guys being the first to post reply.

PS: Among all these expert people I cannot write my opinion, however I did and I apologize in advance.

Forza Italia !

When I was first in the market for shared hosting, I would always look for features like bandwidth and disk space. But as I moved from host to host I realized that support was really the most important aspect of a host.
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Support

Ok, here we go:

1. Support
    2. Price
    3. Space
    4. Bandwith
    5. mySQL/PHP/CGI/Subdomains (all those thing are of the same importance for me)

Thanks for all of the replies... I have the support issues covered as well as the performance. How important are the subdomains?

Is any particular control panel better than the others. I am currently using Plesk, but I am considering Cpanel as a replacement.

The reason for all of the questions is that I am running a hosting business and I figure what better way to find out what people are looking for than to ask them, so I hope you guys don't mind helping me out.

-Robert
    by Digital Isles, Inc.

Cpanel - Ensim

Well,

As per your question, in my opinion I guess Cpanel is the most user friendly once then Ensim.

However, Cpanel 4 has got more set of features which can attract you more clients.

On other hand Ensim WEBppliance 3.1 has some extera features such as reseller, tomcat support, ASP ( even if it's not Windows Server)

And they have added some skins. Depends on what kind of clients you will be having. ( Cpanel will not support JSP however WEBppliance 3.1 does. )

Have great day Roberto ;-)

Cpanel has swayed my decision more than once to choose a host. I love Cpanel, I am much less a fan of plesk.

1) Customer Support + Uptime comes in here.
    2) Pricing
    3) Features of Account - Including control panel, H-sphere, Cpanel i Like.
    4) Customer testimonials - This could include checking their forums, checking here, checking around the place, Asking them for sites hosted with them that are happy that can be contacted etc.

Customer support has to be good, If i don't get a reply pre-sale to any questions within 1 hour i wouldn't host with that webhost, Just the way i am.

Pricing has to be competitive, Not dirt cheap and not too expensive.

Features, Has to have the major features i'm looking for

Customer Testimonials - Who would know how good a webhost is? I would contact a few of their customer's to ask them directly if their happy with the service there host is providing.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

Thanks everyone this all sounds great... Good guess on the name Suzi.. I appreciate you all taking the time to answer these...
    by Digital Isles, Inc.

i would have to say:

1. support - very important. if the host does not have great support, they don't get my business

2. uptime - no use having a site hosted if it is always offline

3. features (bandwidth, disk space etc..)

4. price

1. support and forums
    2. Uptime and price.
    3. features.

I wouldn't go near testimonials on the site, but I like looking through forums like this one.

About fast replys... well there is a time-difference on this planet, so if you don't get an answere within an hour, maybe they're sleeping or eating dinner or something. Not all workplaces are open 24/7. So check the time before getting angry.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Ok, now a follow up question. What in your opinion makes support from one company better than another? Is it the speed of the answers that they provide? Is it a community that forms around a hosting company (ie forrums)? Do you like having the ability to chat with support such as AIM and that type? I know I am asking alot of questions... Thank you for those that take the time to answer.

-Robert
    by Digital Isles, Inc.

No problem!
    I think the forum is the best way of support. That way it doesn't matter where you live or when you're asleep or at work. The forum should be open to those who are thinking of signing up as well, and then add a great FAQ page too.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard