Thumbs down leaseweb cancellation and billing problem

I signed up for a 100TB server from leaseweb. I received payment confirmation on 07-01-2011 from leaseweb and it was posted on 07-02-2011 to my credit card. On 07-15-2011 I canceled the server via their customer portal.

But the portal listed my cancellation date as 08-31-2011. I inquired on live chat and I was told that they require the server to be canceled 5 days prior to end of the month. I canceled the server on 07-15-2011 so I should not be billed for service from 08-01-2011 to 08-31-2011.

When I asked live chat, they told me that their billing policy is that they will prorate the contract if the server is not signed up on the 1st of the month so since my charge was posted on 07-02-2011 I actually signed up for 29 days of July and the entire August. Even though I signed up on 07-02-2011 my contract start date is actually 08-01-2011 so the earliest I can cancel service is 08-31-2011.

This was supposed to be a month to month contract. This type of prorated billing for 29 days of July and entire August is ridiculous. They also messed up the billing from 08-01-2011 to 08-31-2011 and charged me for 208 Euros, but the server is only supposed to be for 149 Euros. When I asked on live chat, the sales staff told me it was because it was prorated, although they charged me the full 149 Euros for July already so where did the extra come from?

I already went through live chat and ticket system, both were pretty much useless in fixing this for me so I am posting it here.

For the leaseweb rep here, please look into ticket #1250151

I want my invoice and server canceled.

this was their live chat explanation:
    Code:
    Marijn Huijbers: normally if we send the first invoice
    Marijn Huijbers: we initially charge you a complete month
    Marijn Huijbers: but if you start somewhere within a month (lets say 15-07 to explain better)
    Marijn Huijbers: so you will be charged 1,5 months
    Marijn Huijbers: but in your case you were charged from the 1st
    Marijn Huijbers: becasue the server was deployed on the first of july
    Marijn Huijbers: so you actually paid for two months
    Marijn Huijbers: but officially the contract started from 01-08
    Marijn Huijbers: do you understand my explanantion?

I won't be using the server in August. For the leaseweb rep here, please cancel the 208 Euros invoice and disconnect the server. I signed up for 1 month of service, not 2 months of service as the sales staff told me.

If I read it correctly, officially your contract didn't start yet. So what's the hassle in cancelling the contract even before it starts? If they say that the contract officially start on 01-08, then at the time you cancelled, the contract officially didn't start yet. Why the big hassle?

I totally do not really understand them over things like this. I don't think there's any contracts or agreement that says you will be charged prorated + the next month bill.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

i guess his credit card is already charged by leaseweb.
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

July was charged already for 149 Euros. August for 208 Euro has not been charged yet. I don't know what is the extra 59 Euro for. I have no use for the server and hope they will cancel it for me.

what server did you order from them?
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by chasebug View Post
    I won't be using the server in August. For the leaseweb rep here, please cancel the 208 Euros invoice and disconnect the server. I signed up for 1 month of service, not 2 months of service as the sales staff told me.
    Hi,

I absolutely agree with you, in your case this is obviously not working out, normally customers don't cancel within the 1st month so this has never been a problem
    We'll solve it out immediately, I'll contact you through the ticket.

Be careful Leasweb they never tell truth
    I have experience. only power have administrator group don't know
    sales is nothing they don't know anything even not reply e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by mvdig View Post
    Be careful Leasweb they never tell truth
    I have experience. only power have administrator group don't know
    sales is nothing they don't know anything even not reply e-mail
    In case you hadn't noticed, the post directly above yours is Leaseweb jumping in to help the Op.

Oh wait! You're the guy who owed Leaseweb money and then tried to order another server without paying your old bills. Then you started a thread about it here and everyone told you that you were in the wrong. That explains your post I guess.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...70#post7581470
    Last edited by Postbox; 08-02-2011 at 09:24 AM.

This is resolved now. Server canceled and I will not be charged for August.

Glad to hear your story turned into a good one.
    Old Guy in WHT.
    IT Expert | Hosting Professional.
    Over 12 Years of Hosting Experience.

Sorry your server did not work out with leaseweb chasebug
    UKDirectHost: Dedicated Servers in the UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands.
    Cheap Dedicated Servers | PEER 1 Partner
    Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards, 2Checkout, UK Bank Transfers, Moneybookers.
    FraudRecord, a collaborative effort to keep track of bad clients. Protects you from known spammers and fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    In case you hadn't noticed, the post directly above yours is Leaseweb jumping in to help the Op.

Oh wait! You're the guy who owed Leaseweb money and then tried to order another server without paying your old bills. Then you started a thread about it here and everyone told you that you were in the wrong. That explains your post I guess.

Heh, F-DNS, the man with the memory like an elephant..
    UKDirectHost: Dedicated Servers in the UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands.
    Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards, 2Checkout, UK Bank Transfers, Moneybookers.
    FraudRecord, a collaborative effort to keep track of bad clients. Protects you from known spammers and fraud.

Sounds like it was a mess but the hosting company stepped up and addressed it with OP. Very nice.
    M3Server - Celebrating 20 years of hosting
    Fully Managed Shared, Virtual & Dedicated Servers
    Chris Stach - chris@m3server.com
    http://www.m3server.com

Quote Originally Posted by UKDirectHost View Post
    Heh, F-DNS, the man with the memory like an elephant..
    Ahhhh, that must be why I keep getting "Memory trunkated" error messages

lol. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post

Ok I agree I owed them. Finally they post another lie to paypal dispute
    here is message

Dear Mr. Abdulla,

Please close this dispute and we will process your order, although your account was suspended in december 2010.

Kind regards,

Ralf Pijnaker

Administration department

now three days. I close this dispute cos some one post from Administrations department so now they even not reply my e-mail sale don't have any info about things, no body is response

so there is no issue that money they can get

I just posted this info if may clients think before decide what they have to do.....?

Leaseweb rep, can you take a look at my ticket again. I am being sent overdue invoices for VAT but I live in USA so I should not have to pay VAT.

This matter is still not resolved yet.

Your ticket is resolved.The can cellation is completed and the invoice is corrected. We have made a necessary refund.

If you have any further questiosn, please contact me on the ticket.