Eservers hardware upgrades?

Correct me if my memory's not serving me well but I seem to remember one of the nifty bennies of going with Eservers.biz was that they'd upgrade your hardware after 6 months? If this is true has anyone's system been upgraded? If so what from and to?

Thanks.

Re: Eservers hardware upgrades?

Originally posted by jrimmer
    Correct me if my memory's not serving me well but I seem to remember one of the nifty bennies of going with Eservers.biz was that they'd upgrade your hardware after 6 months? If this is true has anyone's system been upgraded? If so what from and to?

Thanks.
    if you have had one for 6 month or more - open a ticket with eservers and they will open one with us and get you taken care of .

thanks
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Ah, it is true. Well, that's one question out of the way. So, what upgrades has anyone gotten?

from 1ghz duron/512 to xp 1800+/1gb

Originally posted by seg fault
    from 1ghz duron/512 to xp 1800+/1gb
    So a memory change was part of the upgrade as well!? I wasn't aware of that! Excellent news.
    Last edited by jrimmer; 05-29-2003 at 12:31 AM.

Well, gotta applaud that sales pitch, good way to keep customers on-board for the long run...much better then just forcing people into a contract where they get nothing out of sticking to contractual agreements. *Applauds*

Andrew,

Absolutely right

It is an excellent idea - however jrimmer - I do believe the 'project mercury' upgrades were only for a certain number of packages, and not necessarily for all their server offerings.

Granted, eservers are a great company and would be quite likely to upgrade your box regardless - just as an excercise in great customer service.

Cheers

Just heard back from eServers about the hardware upgrade for P3 1Ghz which is to go to P4 1.7Ghz. Not as competitive as I'd like with all the P4 2.4Ghz packages out there but I suppose there's little room to complain since my out of pocket cost is zero. Though a memory upgrade isn't part of the package so you must've lucked out SegFault (are you sure you didn't drop a few extra bucks in for more memory?).

I may be wrong actually

I do remember paying for extra ram, but during the upgrade I did get more than I paid for.

eServers MAY have covered that for me - who knows?

Apologies if I got your hopes up

I'm moving to a bigger and better box myself, so if you want mine - she's all yours