Alertpay rebrand - 14th May 2012

Guys,

I need a little bit of help please. Alertpay is to rebrand on the 14th May 2012: http://www.teckdevil.com/alertpay-re...amed-as-payza/

We use AlertPay as our main payment payment processor, would we need to update our WHMCS with some sort of new API/Plugin or will the old one still work please ?

I have asked Alertpay over on Twitter but had no reply as of yet.

Thanks
    Lee
    TOFS Web Hosting Ltd - www.tofswebhosting.com

It looks like its just a facelift, new site and name with a few more benefits.

I would suspect that they would not make any API changes due to this causing a catastrophic event for all of their merchants.

The new features, currencies and etc will likely come with more features that can be integrated into your cart but I dont think your services will just stop working.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

Why not ask over support ticket or something?

Also, Alertpay? Rebranding? What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Why not ask over support ticket or something?
    Because with something as simple as this I didn't want to bother the company direct when people on WHT would be able to let me know. Sorry if you found that the wrong thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TOFSWebHosting View Post
    Because with something as simple as this I didn't want to bother the company direct when people on WHT would be able to let me know. Sorry if you found that the wrong thing to do.
    I found it slightly odd because you're a paying customer (transaction fees?) and it's such a major thing, why would they not notify you of almost everything necessary

I have only been in web hosting and been running my company for 2 years so this is the first time I have had something like this happen with my payment processor.

I didn't want to bother the company if it was something as simple as just a name change and with many people on WHT willing to help I was just thinking it would be nicer to get some reply's from people on here who might of had this happen before.

I am sorry I have done this and next time I will not ask on here and just open a support tick with the company.

Thanks anyway,
    Lee

Don't take this wrong, I don't mean it in a bad way, just ..

Quote Originally Posted by TOFSWebHosting View Post
    I didn't want to bother the company if it was something as simple as just a name change and with many people on WHT willing to help I was just thinking it would be nicer to get some reply's from people on here who might of had this happen before.
    There is no need to be offended by what other users posted but there are certain questions you ask on a forum and others you ask the company.

For an issue that potential is going to stop your site working, you should always ask the company. You post here, I tell you it will be fine and then it isn't. Who would you blame? Anyone can reply on a public forum and many times people will reply with incorrect information, so always go to the company if it's a specific reply you need.

If you have a question about a general issue or something not specific to one processor, that's the type of information you would request here.

Just incase anyone was wondering. Alertpay have just posted this on there facebook page:

"Want to know how your Pro/Business account will be affected by the transition to Payza. Read about it here:

UK company MH Pillars bought AlertPay, and as of May 14, 2012, we will be integrated into Payza! That’s why there are so many changes happening.

If you have a Pro/Business account to accept payments for your products/services or to pay affiliates/freelancers/suppliers, the transition to Payza will be a positive experience for you.

Your information stays the same, and your payment processes won’t change – people can still pay you and you can still pay other people. We will provide you with the tools necessary to switch your AlertPay payment buttons to Payza payment buttons, and the marketing materials you need to inform your customers!

Also, our blog, members’ area and checkout page will be re-designed, a mobile site and new developers’ center will be launched, and more currencies for bank wire deposits will be supported!

We’re very happy about this, and we hope you are too. Stay tuned for more exciting news!"

Ok, The real surprise was when Moneybookers was saying in its homepage that we are going to move to the new future of moneybookers "Skrill"..
    for Alertpay to Payza, i think its going to be the same as Moneybookers Skrill.. atleast Accounts which pay and sell wouldnt be affected, and thus whmcs wouldnt need to change any of their code to match.

Payza Seems to be the New AlertPay, I should try to start accepting payments via it soon.

Thanks for sharing the post,
    WadiPurple.com - Managed Cloud Hosting with cPanel & 24/7 Support
    █ Web Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Email Hosting | Domains

We have been using Alertpay from 2 years without any problem but their support is the worst one I think because they take ages to reply tickets. I always get help at WJ forum if I have problem.
    Their Rep Tarik and Tali are helpful.
    However, I can't understand this change of name where there is no big change in anything. Only one change, I have seen is the Mobile Interface enhancement.
    Hope that they will change themselves too.
    HostinPK.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting
    cPanel/CWP | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept PayPal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, and Bank payments