Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightH20 View Post
    As stated previously I am not the only person who had this problem. I am on Windows while the other person I referred to was on a Mac. I was using Google Chrome, while I am unsure what the other person was using. I don't deem it a coincidence. As I mentioned before, a promo code was used. If any attempt to replicate this is made, then I suggest using the promo code and also going through to the very end as annual to see if it gets switched to a monthly billing cycle. It may very well be that the promo code switches the cycle to monthly rather than keeping it as what it was previously.

You are the only one reporting this issue, therefore to us, it is not an issue.

The coupon code works for monthly AND annual, so that is not the issue.

Once again, we use the industry standard billing system, on the frontend, and I have never heard of this issue before. Maybe your non-standard Google Chrmoe browser is the cause.

How very misleading. In other words, the lack of information about the "live chat" IS the information about it not being a method of contact. Doesn't make sense to me, but okay. That should probably be clarified somewhere on there, but it's unimportant.
    Misleading? We never state we provide live chat support.
    By your logic then we should also specifically state that we do not provide support via CB Radio, Telegraph, and smoke signals?
    Sorry, but we have a contact page with valid contact details listed for a reason.

Honestly I don't see your point here. That is irrelevant. It just means that I submitted multiple tickets instead of one since I emailed AND manually submitted a ticket since emails are apparently treated as tickets. That doesn't change the fact that a response was not given for a good while. As for email problems, no, none exist. This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. I received the automated emails that are sent when (A) a ticket is made (B) a ticket is responded to. The issue has to do with lack of response during business hours.
    Apparently you are expecting too fast of a response for the budget hosting industry. Our response times are within reason for the pricing we charge and the industry segment we service. If this is not good enough for you, then you should spend more money for higher end service, to get the guaranteed response times you seem to be desiring. The majority of our clients are happen with the response times we provider factored against the prices we charge. If this is not suitable for you, then maybe you are expecting too much for the price you are paying.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

You seem to have a fetish for being rude to customers (and I'm not the only one to say this in this thread!).

You also seem to like to blame the consumer rather than just saying "Sorry about that" or even remotely accepting that a human issue on your side is possible.

From your behavior, I honestly feel that you are the type of person who will try to find out who I am and attempt to sabotage my server.

Once again, we use the industry standard billing system, on the frontend, and I have never heard of this issue before. Maybe your non-standard Google Chrmoe browser is the cause.
    Yes, it could be Google Chrome related. You make it sound as if Burst won't support Google Chrome browsers.

Apparently you are expecting too fast of a response for the budget hosting industry. Our response times are within reason for the pricing we charge and the industry segment we service. If this is not good enough for you, then you should spend more money for higher end service, to get the guaranteed response times you seem to be desiring. The majority of our clients are happen with the response times we provider factored against the prices we charge. If this is not suitable for you, then maybe you are expecting too much for the price you are paying.
    No. I am expecting normal customer support. You are basically saying though that we should expect very slow support unless we dish our lots of money to Burst.

---

So to sum up what has happened in these back and forths:

1) I mention an issue I've had with Burst pertaining to the checkout script switching me from annual to monthly billing
    2) I mention being unable to contact them via email, phone, ticket response system, and AIM
    3) This Burst guy rudely tells me it's all my fault and that I have too high of hopes unless I dish out a lot of money.

Makes Burst sound great!

Raise your budget and you will get more options on vps plans and have more quality.

East Coast and West Coast servers/DC are very competitive and pick which one suits you as where you live and reviews. Burst will be good in terms of performance but I have not use West coast so I don't know yet.

You could also try other company's that use Softlayer networks.
    Not all reviews can be accurate, try the vps yourself and see what happens.

Thank You, Hope this helps.

There is a good chance that the LA discount code only works for month to month and not annual. I will look into this and report back.

As far as our mail/ticket system, when you sent on a mail, did you get an auto response with a ticket number? Also, could you ease pm me your ticket that got responded to so I can review it and see how long the response time was and how our team handled your query?

Lastly, we've been I'm this business 20 years. We would never sabotage anyone's account. We can disagree with you on things but you're still our client.

My motto is: the client is not always right, but they are the most important thing.

So have mo fear if we disagree and/or strongly defend ourselves. As long as you are not telling outright lies, or bashing us every post, then everything is fine. The worst that could happen if you do the above, is we would end our relationship with you and the end of the billing cycle, with more than enough advanced notice so you can find another provider and transfer.

Because is you complain THAT MUCH, you really shouldn't be there. That goes for anything, anywhere.

Sorry for my typos. Stupid Iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Sorry for my typos. Stupid Iphone...
    Are you sure it's not a keyboard driver error?
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

It COULD be, but that only applies if it's my fault I have regular human-sized fingers and the Iphone keypad is made for hobbits...

lol is that guy seriously a customer service rep? (I am referring to BurstNET who I commented on earlier) They spend more time here talking rude to customers when they should be providing service to them. I am glad I saw this first. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks webhostingtalk for having this forum here so I can make decisions based off other's experiences and by the quality of each respective company's customer service staff. You just saved me from signing a year agreement with this company. Your other forum posts here also helped me pick a different company as well.

I'll be sure to write a review in the next few weeks after I am all settled in.
    Last edited by xNaota; 03-01-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xNaota View Post
    lol is that guy seriously a customer service rep? They spend more time here talking rude to customers when they should be providing service to them. I am glad I saw this first. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks webhostingtalk for having this forum here so I can make decisions based off other's experiences and by the quality of each respective company's customer service staff. You just saved me from signing a year agreement. You also just helped me pick a different company as well that I found elsewhere on this forum. I'll be sure to write a review in the next few weeks after I am all settled in.
    xNaota, did you not notice the half dozen people BEFORE DarkKNIGHTH2O's post noting that we are a great company to deal with?

Our dedication to the company is borderline cultish. I would guesstimate that 98% of people who make complaints aboout us these days are not giving the whole story, and slant their posts to make us look extremely poor, and that they have been beacons of purity. The reality is almost always knottier than that.

Over 20 years with 98% of the posts being slanted, we have learned the feather of kindness approach does not help the situation. The sledgehammer of truth works great, and quashes any further slanted posts.

Now, for the 2% that have a legitimate gripe or issue, we are pretty good about recognizing it and putting the SOT (Sledgehammer Of Truth) away. But sometimes it gets swung.

Just know that our reason for doing it is that we care GREATLY about our customers and wish to protect them from foolish isues that keep us from their issues.

Over 20 years with 98% of the posts being slanted, we have learned the feather of kindness approach does not help the situation. The sledgehammer of truth works great, and quashes any further slanted posts.
    I would say that a lot of people when making their posts are slightly slanted because when they are irritated they can make poor judgment decisions and just want retribution for what "they think is right". To many times do you see someone post 1 thing and the host/company comes back and says, it really happened like this.

xNaota, did you not notice the half dozen people BEFORE DarkKNIGHTH2O's post noting that we are a great company to deal with?

Our dedication to the company is borderline cultish. I would guesstimate that 98% of people who make complaints aboout us these days are not giving the whole story, and slant their posts to make us look extremely poor, and that they have been beacons of purity. The reality is almost always knottier than that.

Now, for the 2% that have a legitimate gripe or issue, we are pretty good about recognizing it and putting the SOT (Sledgehammer Of Truth) away. But sometimes it gets swung.

Just know that our reason for doing it is that we care GREATLY about our customers and wish to protect them from foolish isues that keep us from their issues.
    You all do have a legitimate point. I do know lots of people are happy with you and that most people will only post things if they have a problem and that most happy customers don't report back being happy.

The gripe I have is about how these complaints have been addressed. I was always taught that customer service reps should be polite and hold back from being rude. This holds true even if the customer seems to be unreasonable. This includes using caps, calling them "foolish", and things of that nature. I could go on and quote things I have noticed in several other posts in this thread alone.

I have seen this "sledgehammer of truth" used repeatedly here on this thread to multiple customers. I have seen responses telling customers to not expect immediate and great customer service at a discounted price. Please understand that from my perspective as well. It is far too dangerous to risk putting my double digit amount of websites on a host when I repeatedly see the "sledgehammer of truth" being used against customers that may or may not have a legitimate problem. You should never assume it is the customers fault.

Since you are referring to Darkknight's post, I have noticed that his issue was slammed from the get-go. Rather than saying "we will look into this problem" immediately it was declared as being his browser's fault and then another issue being his email's fault. Yes those are typically the problems but you should also acknowledge that it can be your own server's fault sometimes.

With no return policy, and repeated examples of the "sledgehammer of truth" as well as looking at customer complaints with a convicted eye, I cannot take a risk.

Plus no one wants to hear "spend more money for higher end service" or "you are expecting too much for the price you are paying. " when a quality rep would say something like
    "I know it must be tough waiting for a response when you are trying to get your website up and running. Please be patient with us, as we try to get to all questions as soon as we can. Most questions receive a response within 24 hours but during peak times it may take a little longer."
    If I see another company that is polite, with equal ratings, and price then it is in my best interest (for my website's own safety) to choose them.

I understand that customer service can get stressful, but one should never act that way to a customer. Obviously on this subject we will agree to disagree.

Have a nice day. Please don't respond to my post because I just want to end our conversation at this. I hope you all will show maturity and restraint by honoring this request.

I understand your point. I will stress that BurstNET (the other person who usually posts here is NOT in customer service).

If you look at all my previous posts I do try to temper more Customer Service into my replies. We're basically different sides of the same coin. Also, neither BurstNET nor myself is the "front line" when it comes to tickets and calls. We're more management/upper level. I did train the CS reps, however, and tickets and issues do get elevated to me on a regular basis.

Most any issue a person has can be handled by working within our ticket system. If a ticket is NOT getting a timely response, They can always create another ticket asking for a manger to take a look into it. Running to WHT should really be a last resort.

DarkKnight opened 7 tickets (If he's the person I think he is), in all different departments. That will NEVER yield positive results.

We're actually a very fun-loving friendly extended family here at BurstNET. If you could spend a day in our office, you'd see it. For now you have only my word.

P.S. I forgot to address
    I have seen responses telling customers to not expect immediate and great customer service at a discounted price
    While BurstNET may say it a bit more abruptly than I would, his general point is correct. In trying to save our customers as much money as possible, we have to cut costs. One of those areas is the amount of staff. The reason "premier" hosts charge more, is so that you can speak to a person 24/7, but you do pay a premium price for that level of service, even if you don't use it.

Our goal is to give people who know what they are doing, an extremely economical solution to their hosting needs. I would say our network and hardware is comparable (if not better in some cases) to the majority of premier hosts. It just takes us a little longer to get to a ticket submission sometimes (Though usually we're within a two hour response frame for regular issues, andalmost immediate for critical reboots and down issues).
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 03-01-2011 at 11:32 AM.

I decided to try a VPS with Burst cause at the price I had little to loose. Its turned out really well, all these negatives comments dont seem to apply to me. I have had no billing problems, support response has always been within half an hour, I have had no downtime caused by the network and seem to be on a very reliable node. I would definately recommend Burst to people on a tight budget.

Quote Originally Posted by glendo View Post
    I decided to try a VPS with Burst cause at the price I had little to loose. Its turned out really well, all these negatives comments dont seem to apply to me. I have had no billing problems, support response has always been within half an hour, I have had no downtime caused by the network and seem to be on a very reliable node. I would definately recommend Burst to people on a tight budget.
    Agreed. I have several VPS machines with Burst and had a dedicated in the past. I've also worked with many VPS providers and Burst is by far in the upper tier, even for a value host.
    Last edited by IProx; 03-22-2011 at 10:10 PM.

I used their service around 6 month back. I just used for 1 month. I heard lots of mix reviews about them so I decided to test it out. When I had VPS with them, I didnt face any difficulties in terms of Network, Uptime.

I cant say about their support as I never opened any ticket.

Well, I have to say that Burstnet is a company which provides VPS for masses.
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12