Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2Checkout. Are they worth using?

I am considering using 2Checkout to process all payments for the hosting products I will have available when I launch my hosting business. I already have an account setup which is ready for use with PayPal disabled on it, as I only want to be able to have card payments processed through 2Checkout as I am not a big fan of PayPal.

I am just looking for feedback on how good 2Checkout is and are they worth using, if not why?

I understand everyone has different opinions but the idea of this thread is to see what the general opinion is on 2Checkout.

Pretty good company. High Fees! They've started that stupid pay monthly get a reduced fee thing which is great for those who process alot however some people like me would much rather pay for each transaction.

Can we still signup for the old payment plan or do I have to wait till May ends?

Quote Originally Posted by strider96 View Post
    Pretty good company. High Fees! They've started that stupid pay monthly get a reduced fee thing which is great for those who process alot however some people like me would much rather pay for each transaction.

Can we still signup for the old payment plan or do I have to wait till May ends?
    My account seems to be on the old payment plan.

Are their fees as bad as PayPal?

The fees are higher than PayPal, but the company is not bad!
    LinkAlone Networks - Canadian Smart Hosting Solutions
    Cpanel - CloudLinux - Solid State Drives
    +10 Years in Web Hosting Business

BTW, PayPal it's must today. The majority of our clients are paying through PayPal.

And it's always good to have more options of payment.
    LinkAlone Networks - Canadian Smart Hosting Solutions
    Cpanel - CloudLinux - Solid State Drives
    +10 Years in Web Hosting Business

They are not too bad. Payments are pretty much always on time and you can call them most of the time if you have any issues.

Would recommend you keep paypal as well - very popular and you don't want to reduce your potential customer base by not offering it.
    AMS Computer | Delivering Excellence - Providing web hosting since 1996!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous |
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups

http://www.amscomputer.com |

Some people simply won't use PayPal so you really do some other payment option for those clients. If you don't have a merchant account or some other option then 2Checkout would be a great choice.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

We use 2CheckOut and recommend them often as well. Their fraud detection is also very good IMHO.

@Those who don't use PayPal - If you're not accepting PayPal payments, you're losing clients.. With 2CO, you can also accept PayPal payments, without having to deal with PayPal directly or have an account with them (a nice plus from 2CO).
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

I do use 2CheckOut, the support is really good. Never had problems with them. If you aren't paypal fan then You can accept paypal payments via 2Checkout.

I can certainly recommend 2checkout. They do have high fees in comparison but their service, support & reliability can't be beaten.

However, they do have high chargeback fees where as PayPal are more reasonable on this front but overall when you look at support & reliability/checkout experience I prefer them to PayPal.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

I think its nice to offer a variety of options for clients to pay. Some people may have issues with Paypal or other merchant accounts, and therefore the more you offer the more appeal you have to customers.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

I offer both Paypal and 2CO.
    I personally like 2CO a lot more, regardless of the fees they charge.

But Paypal doesn't offer service everywhere, so that's where 2CO becomes handy.
    █| Velxo Hosting | Quality Hosting Solution - Lightening Fast & Secure Servers
    █| cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - CloudFlare - RV Site Builder - Daily Backups
    █| 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Affordable Services - 24/7/365 Technical Support - 99.97%+ Uptime Guarantee
    █| www.velxo.com

Using 2CO for the past couple of years without any trouble. They have been great in everything.

Better than PayPal on almost all aspects.

We have decided to give both PayPal and 2Checkout ago, as separate payment processing agents, so the PayPal module on 2Checkout is still disabled,, and we will process Debit and Credit cards through 2Checkout and if the client has a PayPal account they can pay through there.

Hope that makes sense?
    Master Reseller Pro

We have used 2Checkout before and were actually very satisfied with the company and services offered. But i have to agree with the rest, their fees are quite high.
    I have found that gate2shop is quite a good alternative. Fast and competent support.
    Paypal is a must for a hosting company these days. A lot of people use it.
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host

For low volume of sales 2CO is great. Their anti-fraud screening is good too.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

On nowadays there are many fraud. 2CO is best with it as they have good fraud protection system. Even in a fact they have higher fees then paypal i recommend them.

Working with them and happy with them now. Got first payment from 2co yesterday. Also, their support is helpful, so using them is not a bad option.
    HostinPK.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting
    cPanel/CWP | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept PayPal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, and Bank payments

Quote Originally Posted by masterresellerpro View Post
    We have decided to give both PayPal and 2Checkout ago, as separate payment processing agents, so the PayPal module on 2Checkout is still disabled,, and we will process Debit and Credit cards through 2Checkout and if the client has a PayPal account they can pay through there.

Hope that makes sense?
    This is the same route we have taken with 2CO.. We only use 2CO to process credit card payments and have disabled PayPal via their interface. However, we still provide the option for clients to pay us directly using PayPal, if they wish to.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    This is the same route we have taken with 2CO.. We only use 2CO to process credit card payments and have disabled PayPal via their interface. However, we still provide the option for clients to pay us directly using PayPal, if they wish to.
    I've actually been meaning to do this!

I forgot they had the Paypal feature - and since I re-enabled the Paypal gateway, I should disable it via 2CO.

Thanks for reminding me
    █| Velxo Hosting | Quality Hosting Solution - Lightening Fast & Secure Servers
    █| cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - CloudFlare - RV Site Builder - Daily Backups
    █| 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Affordable Services - 24/7/365 Technical Support - 99.97%+ Uptime Guarantee
    █| www.velxo.com

Quote Originally Posted by firentire View Post
    The fees are higher than PayPal, but the company is not bad!
    I was looking at 2CO for accepting credit cards and payments that PayPal doesn't. But the "high fees" got me to question it after reading this post. Is there somebody else with as good fraud protection without the high fees?

We got our first 2CO payment the other day and they took half the payment as fees (50%). Very expensive. Might reconsider using them and find another payment processing agent as the fees 2CO charge is daylight robbery.
    Master Reseller Pro

We got our first 2CO payment the other day and they took half the payment as fees (50%). Very expensive. Might reconsider using them and find another payment processing agent as the fees 2CO charge is daylight robbery.
    What was the total transaction? 50% must suggest a low transaction total.

You could hide 2checkout as a payment option for low cost hosting and have it available for higher transactions or offer it if users pay per year.
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by zomex View Post
    What was the total transaction? 50% must suggest a low transaction total.

You could hide 2checkout as a payment option for low cost hosting and have it available for higher transactions or offer it if users pay per year.
    It was the $1 7 day trial amount we are offering on our vps (This offer has ended now). So is the transaction fee lower for higher amounts?
    Master Reseller Pro

It was the $1 7 day trial amount we are offering on our vps (This offer has ended now). So is the transaction fee lower for higher amounts?
    Yeah definitely, I believe it's 2% or so + a certain fee per transaction. When you receive payments of say $10 the fees are very reasonable.

I used to offer $1 hosting when I first started to get the word out and from memory I believe PayPal's charges were $0.34 on a $1 payment so not far off 50% also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast