Any (other) fastcolocation.net customers here?

hi all,

Are there any other fast colocation customers here?

thanks,
    ted

We have a server colocated at HE via fastcolocation.net (aka AKWebHosting.com; Gary P).

Over a year ago, there was downtime without notice. Turns out it was for a move and I was told that it would have been a problem had notice been given. It sounded sketchy, so we planned to get out.

When I corresponded with Gary at a later date, he told me our contract had autorenewed for another year.

We're almost to the end of that year. We want to cancel and we want our machine back.

Several of the phone numbers I have for them are now disconnected. I can't find one on their website. The number off whois still reaches their machine, but no matter when I call, and I've been calling for days, I'm told the departments are closed. I've faxed several cancellations. I've even mailed cancellation notices via certified mail to their address and the address of their registered agent (they are an LLC).

I see that yesterday, a default judgement was entered in favor of Alaska USA Federal Credit Union. I guess I wonder if fastcolocation is still in business. Has anyone else had recent contact with them?

We want our machine. HE isn't willing to release it without either the authorization of FastColocation/Gary or a court order.

If the following is actually his youtube account, should I be worried?

"I grew up in Alaska, most of it in a remote town called Bethel. I now live in Wasilla. I have a family of 2
    daughters and 1 son, I work on the net for a living but will be changing that soon to part 135 operations (charter
    company)"

Quote Originally Posted by tedw View Post
    "I grew up in Alaska, most of it in a remote town called Bethel. I now live in Wasilla. I have a family of 2
    daughters and 1 son, I work on the net for a living but will be changing that soon to part 135 operations (charter
    company)"
    That could be possible.

What happened with me (many years ago) was we had purchased 1/2 a rack with Gary and planned to ship out machines there - however never actually did. However, we were hit with bandwidth overages of ~ 10Mb/sec. (mind you, NONE of our gear was sent to them - they had *none* of our hardware).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!