Template Monster dot com scams

Guys, be careful when you want to purchase a "unique" template over http://www.***************.com. I did not purchase any "unique" one yet because I could not trust them. Base on my own experiences, they will not live up to what they promise. Worst, the "promises" are stated in their policy!

I've been told by their supporters that each of the template will be taken down after 7 purchased to give you a small probability that someone will have the same template you are using. I went and purchased a really good and at that time (before downloading) the counter was indicated that template has been download 6 times. A week later on I went back to look for another template, I saw the one I purchased still indicated 6 times. I went to the live chat and ask the tech support, they told me the counter was broken and they hadn't had time to update it. A month later I came back, the template I purchased still set at 6 times purchased. I thought that one was an exception, I went and look for another good one and it has also been purchased 6 times. I bought it 2 months ago and now I came back and check, the template still there with the counter set to 6. Now I know for sure that it wasn't a technical issue.

I don't think it's that hard to set up the automatic counter for the templates while everything is automated by a shopping cart. One of my friends wants me to make him a web site and he ask me if he should go ahead and buy the unique template at ***************, I told him I would buy a regular one because if they couldn't be honest with 50 bucks, they won't be honest with you with the bigger amount. They have GREAT templates there, but they are not honest enough for a real business.

Best regards,
    NUser
    Last edited by Nuser; 02-27-2003 at 11:46 PM.

so who are they??? try re-editing the domain name.

best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Looks like you're talking about ***************.

I've had issues with their accounting as well. Not to mention, if they find something they think someone will buy, they'll change one image and sell it as a different template.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by Artashes
    so who are they??? try re-editing the domain name.

best,
    Seems like he edited the title as we were typing.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Seems like he edited the title as we were typing.
    Heheh, I don't know why this domain gets replaced by ***? They are just lil. monsters, no need to be scared It's Template Monster . com without the spaces

Have fun dealing with them

OK, clear now. hehe
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Name is blocked due to them relentlessly spamming the forum under various usernames.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Looks like you're talking about ***************.

I've had issues with their accounting as well. Not to mention, if they find something they think someone will buy, they'll change one image and sell it as a different template.
    That's what they do with the poplular and high priced templates. They did a pretty good job of taking down the ok ones. Those popular templates always have "counter" problem. Pretty tricky huh?

One more thing I just noticed awhile ago, those thumb nails image they let you download for "previewing", even a template has taken down, you still can make it appears on the pop-up window by entering manually the ID of that template on the browser. The bad thing is... the order button is still working, boyzz, they are smart

Maybe they should be called greedy monster dot com?
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."