Guest Guest

Exclamation

Please, if you are considering True hosting. I urge you to look through this site first.
    http://www.technogirl.net/99tales/loser3.htm

Please read through everything they have. That page is not the only one. Then please go to www.deja.com and do a search on True Hosting, and go to the alt.www.webmaster forum. This form has tons of information that you need to read. And if that isn't enough. Please email me.

Note that iBill their billing company has cut them off. Their Back bone server should as well.

Guest Guest

Thumbs down

Because of the pressure, he seems to be creating new pages.
    http://www.quisqueya.net/

Please do not sign up for the service.

Guest Guest

Another note: someone named "Bradley Goodman" from "Vector Enterprises" is now claiming to act for True Hosting due to some supposed merger/acquisition. Please refer to alt.www.webmaster or
    http://www.technogirl.net/99tales/weaselboy.htm
    to read the "Goodman" emails.

Guest Guest

Wink

You forget that TrueHosting offers a reseller plan. That quisqueya.net is proably just an unfortunate reseller. Just look at the prices!

Guest Guest

I have to agree. I had an insanely horrible ordeal with TrueHosting. If I could afford a lawyer, I would have sued. When my password suddenly stopped working for the control panel or for my mail, they said (after a three day wait for a reply) that it was because my site took up a lot of bandwidth! Huh? Then one day, my whole site just disappeared. They said they didn't know what happened, and instructed me to upload the whole site again! After many such debacles, we finally gave up.

Guest Guest

Update on this whole fiasco: Colossus has confirmed to several people that they are pulling service on True Hosting.

Guest Guest

Yeppers. Should be about 12 days and counting according to my mail...
    Unhappy1

Guest Guest

How are the current clients going to be dealt with.(luckily not me) Are they going to lose their service and cause more problems?

Guest Guest

Since True Hosting refuses to answer any questions (and, in fact, denies that colossus is shutting him off), it is impossible to know how current customers will be affected.

Guest Guest

Unfortunally most of us who have written Colossus, and have received notice that they are shutting him off are actually EX-customers.
    I suggest that you contact True hosting VIE email. Ask them what is going to happen. They of course will deny it. But when they do, take a look at http://www.technogirl.net/99tales/rcucool5.htm
    Then look at the
    That will prove that we DO in fact have notice they are being cut off. Try to talk to True Hosting again, or choose to do so

Guest Guest

Exclamation

If you have trouble closing your account go to http://ibill.com and they will do it for you the phone number is on the contact page. That way you have nothing to do with true host and ibill has more power over truehost on who gets charged. This only works if ibill appears on your credit card statement.
    You guys say that colucus is going to shut down the servers. What stops truehost form moving servers to a different host? And you say that iBill is going to shut them down. What stops them from starting a new companies or finding a new cc processor for their billing?

Guest Guest

Red face

They are now back in business operating on Alabanza servers and by the looks of it the owner is trying to pretend that he's changed in to some sort of good guy (check out alt.www.webmaster)

They sux

Red face a summer 2000 thread.

this got bumped up a few thousands places didnt it.

I must be missing

Im must be missing something wheres everyone else's post it seems like guest is talk to his or her self.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Wow. These TrueHosting people seem to be awful. I am very sorry that they affected so many good people. This forum is an excellent channel I feel to post updates like this to. It helps stop someone else from getting scamed.

Thanks Again
    iBoxHosting.com - WebHosting for as little as .16 cents per day. Quality and Reliable Services

Charles,

I'm probably wrong here but I know Annette had a ton of trouble with these guys (TH), and when she left she pulled most of her posts as well, so that might explain it. Also I think there might have been two 'guests' in that conversation. But yeah, it looks odd

iboxhosting,

Yeah these guys are the archetypical hosting nightmare. Sadly he/they are still in business under a few different names now. Why he's not in jail is still beyond me.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.