Question Media temple vs Host Gator for ecommerce

I want to host an e-commerce site which will obviously have SSL Certs & Dedicated IP.

I have recently come across Host Gator & Media temple.

HostGator's Business Plan that includes Private SSL Cert & IP $12.95/mo
    vs
    Media Temple Grid Service $20/mo

Here's my current Site Statistic's /mo
    Unique Visitor - 1081
    Number Of Visits - 1611
    Pages - 20144
    Hits - 139474
    Bandwith - 2.72 GB

The above staticts are the site without e-commerce, so when e-commerce is integrated they are bound to increase.
    Using Joomla for the site.

Money Not an Issue. Looking for excellent quality host & high speed

I would dig deeper if money is not an issue. Lately I have heard negative things about both of the aforementioned companies. Personally, I would get a virtual private server (VPS). With the resources your site is going to use chances are HostGator will give you a rough time. Search this site and Google for recent Media Temple reviews (recent) and you will see what I mean.

Have you checked into VPSLatch.net? Or HawkHost?

IMO you go with managed VPS if money is not a problem and you are serious about online selling.

Thanks for your replies. I'll take a look. What is the best solution you guys think is best for me?

Your replies are greatly appreciated

I suppose both of them do support various web applications. In your situation I would chose something what is less expensive.

vpslatch seems promising, any other suggestions? Do managed VPS provide a dedicated IP & SSL Certs.?

Do you need a dedicated server? You should give MediaLayer.com a shout. They are super reliable and great for application hosting which you are using.

With the resources your site is going to use chances are HostGator will give you a rough time.
    I see nothing in what the OP posted that would make his site a danger to a well managed shared hosting environment, even lower priced ones.

I would look in the a VPS Cloud solution because you will have the dedicated resources plus the flexibility of a Cloud. So as your web site grows your web hosting can grow with it.
    Adam Croshaw 435.227.1205 (my direct line)
    UK2 Group | Global Cloud, VPS and Web Hosting
    Smile pass it on:-)

Quote Originally Posted by adamcroshaw View Post
    I would look in the a VPS Cloud solution because you will have the dedicated resources plus the flexibility of a Cloud. So as your web site grows your web hosting can grow with it.
    Can you suggest a good & reliable VPS Cloud solution?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I see nothing in what the OP posted that would make his site a danger to a well managed shared hosting environment, even lower priced ones.
    According to you HostGator's Business Plan will be fine for me?

What do you guys have to say about hostdime.com
    i believe vpslatch is also buying its server from hostdime.com
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by arihant2301 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    We rent and colocate our servers with HostDime.

However we manage our own systems and have full root access. We control our own staff, servers, and so on. Essentially we are just using HostDime for the main nodes to split it up into VPS's.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Any suggestions?
    What type of e-com site are you running? Any particular cart technology? X-Cart, OSC, Magento, etc?

Generally if you are using any specific cart and are doing purely e-com it may be best to go with a host that is specifically suited to that type of thing, example www.ewdhosting.com is the preferred xcart host.

I am using Joomla as my base site & virtuemart for the e-commerce part

Yes I can. I won't be able to do it through this thread but if you PM me I would love to help you out.

I am using Joomla as my base site & virtuemart for the e-commerce part
    Magneto in my experience is decently resource intensive but neither of those are to terrible. I see no reason why a shared hosting environment would not be sufficient for what you are trying to do as long as it has a dedicated IP which is a requirement for an SSL.

Word of warning, if you go with an unlimited hosting provider, UNLIMITED space/bandwidth is NOT REALLY unlimited space/bandwidth. Once again, just a word of warning.

Yes i am aware of that. I already got suspended twice by my previous host. This unlimited thing sucksssss.

I am thinking of going with a VPS bcoz i'll have ticket system & live support & sometimes even live stream.

In unlimited host they only allow 2 streams at a time.

And with so many files & emails if i ever cross 1000000 inode limit (Just in case) i m suspended. (They count every email as 1 inode, this is shittttttttttt!)

Wat do u guys think?

Any suggestions.

Because i m looking for reliability & shared hosts can suspend your account anyitme & for any damn reason. I hate that.

Or else How about http://www.hostdime.com/web-hosting/shared/ sHD3 plan?

I am not two familiar with the hostdime offer but I would check out the VPS Advertising form. You will be able to find a good fully managed VPS solution. Just a word of warning make sure you find out exactly what "fully managed" means to the host you buy from. Look for 24x7x365 phone support that way you know you will be able to get help when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by HS-CB Matt View Post
    I would dig deeper if money is not an issue. Lately I have heard negative things about both of the aforementioned companies. Personally, I would get a virtual private server (VPS). With the resources your site is going to use chances are HostGator will give you a rough time. Search this site and Google for recent Media Temple reviews (recent) and you will see what I mean.

Have you checked into VPSLatch.net? Or HawkHost?

We realize that there has been some issues with our (gs), and we are constantly working on improving our products and services. Even though some have had problems, it doesn't mean that all our customers are having issues.

On another note, do you have any other specifications that you need a host to provide besides supporting ecommerce site?

I want to host an e-commerce site which will obviously have SSL Certs & Dedicated IP.

Here's my current Site Statistic's /mo
    Unique Visitor - 1081
    Number Of Visits - 1611
    Pages - 20144
    Hits - 139474
    Bandwith - 2.72 GB

Using Joomla for the site. & Virtuemart for the cart.

That is all i need for now!!!!!