Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10TB traffic deals

Since the 10TB traffic offers seem to appear from everywhere now, I thought it might be good to index what is actually the best offer out there right now.

The basic requirements for most high bandwidth sites are:

100Mbit or 1Gbit port, fully burstable with 10TB traffic limit
    Decent HDD drive, say, 250-500GB or low prices on upgrades
    $200/mo or less

So what do you guys recommend?
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

Hey,

******* had some offers in the Dedicated Offers Section, I think there's a few others around there too. From 10TB.com etc - worth taking a look

If you require good support, stay away from 10tb (the company). I wasted $300 for a month of a useless server that wouldn't boot properly. They wouldn't give me another server, and would not give a refund. And they took sometimes 2-3 days to respond to tickets...

Limestone supports I think up to 12tb bandwith, however i'm not sure on the cost. They of course have 100mbps and 1gbps ports though. Hard drive pricing is good from them, and you get great discounts on upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by XENnode View Post
    If you require good support, stay away from 10tb (the company). I wasted $300 for a month of a useless server that wouldn't boot properly. They wouldn't give me another server, and would not give a refund. And they took sometimes 2-3 days to respond to tickets...

Limestone supports I think up to 12tb bandwith, however i'm not sure on the cost. They of course have 100mbps and 1gbps ports though. Hard drive pricing is good from them, and you get great discounts on upgrades
    LSN is definitely a great place to get a 10tb server.

http://www.limestonenetworks.com/ser...ils.html?id=44

^ Only shows 9TB.

Quote Originally Posted by HD Fanatic View Post
    ^ Only shows 9TB.
    When you visit the Limestone Networks specials page, it shows the Intel Core2Quad Q9650 coming with 10TB, instead of 9000GB which is crossed out.

I think if you watch the offer forums - there will a few 10TB server specials appearing in the coming week!

Man thats just wierd once says one thing and one says the other.
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Quote Originally Posted by HD Fanatic View Post
    ^ Only shows 9TB.
    Open a live chat with them, i'm sure they will work something out and offer 10tb if not more.

How are the experiences with the cheaper ones?

For example directspace.net offers a 10TB server for $99. Their network used to be horrid though, so my guess is that you get what you pay for. Did they light up their new transit links already?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post

For example directspace.net offers a 10TB server for $99. Their network used to be horrid though, so my guess is that you get what you pay for. Did they light up their new transit links already?
    If they offer a 10tb server for $99, I highly doubt they are any better, probably worse. Most companies would charge over $99 just for 10tb bandwith, not including the server.

I am actually still amazed at 10TB for $200 Since 10TB equals out to be around 50Mbit 95th percentile...that is one heck of a deal.

UK2 seems to be a reputable company around here. They offer a 500GB server with 15TB traffic for 60 pounds on a yearcontract. That does seem like a good deal, considering that UK2 is not a small player

i am waiting for the day when LSN offers 10tb BW but on 1000mbit port on same cost

Well, I tried DirectSpace back in December of 2008, and had a very bad experience. Extreme lack of support both online, as well as on the phone. I originally had ordered a server from Edward in sales. After I ordered, I kept getting excuses as to why it was taking so long to set up the server. Keep in mind, it took a lot to even get a response from someone to get such excuses.

One such chat I saved might give an example of some frustration I had at the time:

Billing Department: hello there.
    You: Hello
    Billing Department: How may I help you sir?
    You: Well I have a few tickets that have been unanswered if you could take a look at them.
    Billing Department: give me just a second sir please
    You: Okay
    Billing Department: as I can see you ordered a server and nothing yet right?
    You: That's correct
    Billing Department: The problem is that we had a huge sale the last weeks and we sold everything I'm not kidding, and we got in a situation were we had clients paying for new servers and we didn't have them yet so in a hurry we purchased a new stock...when we got that, it was incomplete, there were some mistakes there and we had to start purchasing the missing components...
    You: What sort of time frame are we looking at here. I ask this because I was told it was RAM we were waiting on, which was arriving yesterday.
    Billing Department: right now one of our people left to get what we don't have for every server...we got the ram, it's finally all good, but the fans over the cpu's are still missing and we sent out one of our people to get them...he should be back in a few hours...I know I'm asking too much here, but we need a few more hours...all the servers are put together but without that piece...that's the last one...we're really sorry, I know it sounds very bad, but that's the situation...is that ok with you to wait a few more hours?
    You: Well I would like to believe it will actually be up in a few hours, but as proven yesterday that wasn't the case. The main thing I am disappointed in is that I have been in the dark about this. Why didn't Edward tell me before I had paid that it might take a few days extra?
    You: You still there?
    Billing Department: I'm really sorry about that...Edward is in the sales dept and the installing department sometimes faces some interesting situations like they install a specific server with a specific configuration, after a few minutes the customer gets some deal for some upgrades and Edward has to give the new orders to the installation dept knowing that it's ok, but they are busy still installing something else and when they get back to that server they don't have some ram or not enough hard drives and they report back to Edward , he places orders and stuff...sometimes they don't report on time being busy with some other customers and that's why Edward sometimes is in this situation
    You: What about the lack of support? I have tried calling, sending the tickets, but no one seems to be available at certain times?
    Billing Department: it's been very very busy lately...they had a lot of installs every day like more than before and that's why it got so messy...I'm really sorry about that sir...when our guy gets back we'll have it done for you
    Billing Department: Please allow us a few more hours and if it's not going to be done for you we'll refund you the full amount sir...I do apologize about all this . Is that ok with you?
    You: Would it be possible to get some sort of an upgrade free of charge?
    You: Possibly bigger hard drive or gigabit uplink?
    You: Because at the first sign of any hiccup of any sort I should have been informed. Especially since you claim "1 Hour Standard Setup Time"
    You: Hello?
    You: ?

I can understand that sometimes it may take 2-4 days to get a server up and running, but their site at the time claimed 1 hour. Even with such a claim, things go wrong, which is understandable. To me however, not hearing anything from them about any delays, is rather unprofessional.

When I did finally get the server, they were unable to get Debian Etch (4.0) installed properly with the network card:

We installed centos 5.x and it works just awesome...the network card is all good and everything. We can give you the server like this or we can try to install debian 4 again and fix the problem why it doesn't see the network card...I cannot guarantee how long is going to take that...Please let us know your decision.

A few hours after I received the server, I did a few tests and it seemed that despite their claims of multiple bandwidth carriers, only Cogent was present. I could go on more, but I think I'll leave it at that. I would like to say that they did give me a full refund, and were very polite about trying to keep me as a customer.

I am actually still amazed at 10TB for $200 Since 10TB equals out to be around 50Mbit 95th percentile...that is one heck of a deal.
    When all is calculated (In+out) it uses about 30 megabit on average.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

UK2 seems to be a reputable company around here. They offer a 500GB server with 15TB traffic for 60 pounds on a yearcontract. That does seem like a good deal, considering that UK2 is not a small player
    UK2Net is 10TB.. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSapphire View Post
    UK2Net is 10TB.. Isn't it?
    10tb.com and UK2.net are both owned by UK2Group.com.
    But 10tb.com is a US based brand with all servers running out of the Softlayer DC's (except cloud servers). UK2.net's servers are based out of the UK, in our own DC's in London.

So UK2.net is not 10tb.com - they are just owned by the same company... they are very different though.

Like 7UP and Mirinda are both owned by Pepsi...with a very different taste though
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    10tb.com and UK2.net are both owned by UK2Group.com.
    But 10tb.com is a US based brand with all servers running out of the Softlayer DC's (except cloud servers). UK2.net's servers are based out of the UK, in our own DC's in London.

So UK2.net is not 10tb.com - they are just owned by the same company... they are very different though.

Like 7UP and Mirinda are both owned by Pepsi...with a very different taste though
    Sorry, That's what my intention of was.. But didnt say it out right

Quote Originally Posted by XENnode View Post
    If they offer a 10tb server for $99, I highly doubt they are any better, probably worse. Most companies would charge over $99 just for 10tb bandwith, not including the server.
    The Planet does that, and so does many others. Well, you can probably consider that as overselling.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    When all is calculated (In+out) it uses about 30 megabit on average.
    That depends on what the bandwidth is used for. If it is mainly outgoing, the average will be 30Mbit but 95th percentile will be way higher due to the peak/off peak waveform.

I must say that the 10TB.com cloud servers are very very interesting. 10TB traffic on Gbit for $99. Quality brand at lowcost prices. The main disadvantage is the limited disk space...which is probably due to the replicated nature of cloud servers.

Does anybody know in which DC these cloud servers are hosted? Is the network comparable to Softlayer?