3 LETTER appraisals please...

please appraise the following domains for me(non of you sub 50 post newbies, I don't need your input)

the domains are:

FQY.NET
    YQW.NET
    QNK.NET
    YHX.NET
    XED.US

Thank you, just deciding if I should hold on to them or take offers now.

I dont think they are worth anything.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Sell them to TC

I reckon the 3 letetr .nets are worth $50!

And xed.us is wirtha round $60

3 letters .net domains can be worth something, whoever I do not see much value in the listed domains. You might be lucky too find a buyer that needs exactly a domain with the listed letters but in general are they not much worth.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    I dont think they are worth anything.
    The "de facto" value of a 3-letter .net is between 75% and 50% of a 3-letter .com

Some letter combinations create unlikely visuals or unpronounceable results, however that minimum value should be sustained more or less. Killing a 3-letter .net for a few bucks is pure stupidity.

I would go after companies that use those letters in their domains and offer them this nice short variant.

My personal best for a 3-letter .net has been $400.

Originally posted by timechange
    I would go after companies that use those letters in their domains and offer them this nice short variant.
    But have many companies have yqw and YHX in thier domains? I agree that 3 letter .net domains can be worth a lot, jut not these domains because the letter combinaition is in general not comon.

You'd be surprised to know that even "odd" looking combinations can have specific meaning in other languages or character sets. The Internet is not centered around English.

Although I don't appear to be experience as some folks here in domain name industry, but I personally think those 3 letters domain names can worth at least $75+. Plain domain names without going extra miles to develop them or such.

I have sold about 30+ 3 letters domain names in the past and each of them was worth at least $100. Highest price $250 for pkp.net.

You seem to confuse worth with selling price Obviously PKP.net went for crumbs!

I would price each of the .NETs at around $100 USD.
    The .US would be between $20 and $40 as there are still a lot out there available to register.

Chris