Reporting Invalid Whois Info

It's my understanding that the information posted on one's whois information when registering a domain must be accurate.

If I've come across a domain using a fake name, fake mailing address, fake city, etc. Is it possible to report this?

If yes, where?

If you have sufficient proof, contact their registrar, if that fails try http://reports.internic.net/cgi/regi...lem-report.cgi

Good that you do this, so many sites put in invalid information and nothing happens. Of course nothing may happen to the site your talking about, but atleast your trying.

Surprisingly, godaddy pulled one of my domains because of a spam complaint!?!? This was a while ago.

And no, I dont spam, or send out massive amounts of mail, and I hate spam just as much as the next person .

Valid whois info though .

I use the godaddy privtae deal.
    Cut down on spam,junk mail and junk phone calls.............
    Spammers and such can whois till death due them part.
    Be Happy!

I would guess the only times they are reported is when the "reportee" wants that domain or to get back at someone. I believe most registrars will give the register a chance to update the WHOIS before taking the domain away.

Those are great links! I have been repeatedly spammed by a company whose domain registraion is clearly fake. I looked up the address on mapquest, no such address; the email address was fake too (hotmail) and the phone number was obviously made up. Next time I get spam from them, I will know where to file the complaint!

file it now