Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Just got the account info email. Thanks for speedy reply!

Hi Tony,

I previously tried to sign up with you. But due to some problems I had to leave hawkhost. Actually I was using wordpress and Jewelry shop theme from themeforest, and I faced some strange issues. At that time I didn't had time to create support ticket and I had to leave.

Now I want to host my different site with you, which is also a wordpress blog. Therefore can you please just confirm that wordpress and its themes run fine in your litespeed servers, I don't want to repeat what has happened in the past, and thereby wasting your's and mine's time. Also let me know if thesis and headway themes run without any problem in your servers. Regarding .htaccess, will I be able to edit it because I think that's related to apache servers, but I want to know about this.

This blog receives some 200 page views per day, and I am considering your Basic plan, is this correct one for me ? Just reply here and I will be happy to get hosting from you and try one more time. I have heard many good reviews for you, but just wanted to ask about wordpress. Reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkglow View Post
    Hi Tony,

I previously tried to sign up with you. But due to some problems I had to leave hawkhost. Actually I was using wordpress and Jewelry shop theme from themeforest, and I faced some strange issues. At that time I didn't had time to create support ticket and I had to leave.

Now I want to host my different site with you, which is also a wordpress blog. Therefore can you please just confirm that wordpress and its themes run fine in your litespeed servers, I don't want to repeat what has happened in the past, and thereby wasting your's and mine's time. Also let me know if thesis and headway themes run without any problem in your servers. Regarding .htaccess, will I be able to edit it because I think that's related to apache servers, but I want to know about this.

This blog receives some 200 page views per day, and I am considering your Basic plan, is this correct one for me ? Just reply here and I will be happy to get hosting from you and try one more time. I have heard many good reviews for you, but just wanted to ask about wordpress. Reply as soon as possible.
    I pulled up your account and it looks like you cancelled before even consulting with us that there was an issue. After we inquired you said the developer simply said that Litespeed was the issue. I replied shortly after explaining that this is almost certainly not the issue and proceeded to give you some possible things that could be the issue.

We never received a response from you so in case you didn't get it here was our reply to your issue:

Litespeed is a drop-in replacement for Apache. There are few compatibility issues all of which we've been able to get fixed as they arise (primarily htaccess and SSI related). It makes little to no sense for a theme to not work on a Litespeed based server unless she's trying to use something that is exclusive to Apache (such as a random module) however that is unlikely. I suppose to put it simply we have thousands of WordPress blogs and websites who experience no issues with the backwards compatibility of Litespeed and run their applications without issues.

The most likely culprit would be something to do with the PHP configuration / versions.

Unfortunately since you've cancelled / the data is gone we can't investigate this further. For future reference you may want to submit a support ticket prior to cancelling as it was likely something silly that could have been resolved fairly quickly.
    WordPress is 100% supported and is by far the most popular application on all of our servers. Rewrites and everything you'll need is fully supported - I'm confident that if there won't be any issues running WordPress on our machines .

If you still have concerns feel free to PM me privately or e-mail me at cody[at]hawkhost.com I'd be more than happy to work with you to ensure there won't be anymore issues.
    Last edited by CodyRo; 12-17-2010 at 04:07 AM.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

Got it. Thanks for the reply and clarification. Will signup and tell you.

Is there any coupons for renew? My hosting package expires in January and I want to continue working with you . Unfortunately my sites have not recorded any profit this year, so I am looking for discounts
    @pinkglow, I can confirm you, as a client, wordpress works great on hawkhost.

Hey Tony,

My account recently expired and I wasn't able to renew it in time. If I buy a new plan, is there any way I can get my old data back, or is that all deleted once my account goes inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Costin View Post
    Is there any coupons for renew? My hosting package expires in January and I want to continue working with you . Unfortunately my sites have not recorded any profit this year, so I am looking for discounts
    @pinkglow, I can confirm you, as a client, wordpress works great on hawkhost.
    At this time we do not offer discounts for renewals. You pick a coupon when signing up and you pick either one of the recurring ones around the internet or a one time one. We cannot give the one time large discounts on a recurring basis if that is what you used previously.

Quote Originally Posted by HundredProofSam View Post
    Hey Tony,

My account recently expired and I wasn't able to renew it in time. If I buy a new plan, is there any way I can get my old data back, or is that all deleted once my account goes inactive?
    Unfortunately if the invoice for the account is now showing as canceled then it is not possible to retrieve the data. As at that point it's been overdue for a month and we cannot afford to keep the data forever.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Do you allow mp3 (legal) hosting
    i need around 2 gb space 20gb b/w
    avg file size 4mb
    5000 monthly downlods so arround 200/day
    and a wordpress running in front (1k visitors/day)

I just signed up about 30 min. ago after utilizing their Live Chat feature. As of this moment, they are already starting the transfer process from my old host. I love them so far, and once the initial setup is done, generally speaking, there ins't much of a need for support, although its been great in the short time I've been with them. I'll update everyone after a few days and also months.

I also think this is a great deal, and I appreciate the fact that they don't offer these so called "unlimited plans."

-Kyle
    -Kyle Reilly
    http://www.kylecool.com - My Website
    http://kylereilly.com -KyleReilly.COM :: MY WEBSITE

Quote Originally Posted by furious001 View Post
    Do you allow mp3 (legal) hosting
    i need around 2 gb space 20gb b/w
    avg file size 4mb
    5000 monthly downlods so arround 200/day
    and a wordpress running in front (1k visitors/day)
    If it's legal then it should be fine.

Hey there

couple of days ago, I registered with you but you didn´t accept my request, even thought I just registered a domain with name.com in the same day, I´m from Morocco, what should I do now ?

Quote Originally Posted by cherik View Post
    Hey there

couple of days ago, I registered with you but you didn´t accept my request, even thought I just registered a domain with name.com in the same day, I´m from Morocco, what should I do now ?
    You should probably contact sales if you have not already.

Have 2 accounts with you - both on different IP addresses

So, if I take the 3rd one, could it be on a different IP address as well.

And is there any recurring discount coupon that is on currently ?

Quote Originally Posted by aspire1 View Post
    Have 2 accounts with you - both on different IP addresses

So, if I take the 3rd one, could it be on a different IP address as well.

And is there any recurring discount coupon that is on currently ?
    This really depends on several things - the only way we can guarantee it is if you purchase a dedicated IP. During the checkout add that you would like to be put on a different IP if possible and we'll do our best.
    Cody R.

Hi, i just paid for the hosting plan, but got no welcome email. My invoice no is 38634

Quote Originally Posted by xmiccyx View Post
    Hi, i just paid for the hosting plan, but got no welcome email. My invoice no is 38634
    Please submit a ticket to https://support.hawkhost.com/ if you still haven't received your welcome e-mail.
    Cody R.

I can't tell if cron jobs are allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by dagaul View Post
    I can't tell if cron jobs are allowed?
    Cron jobs are allowed.

it has been 1 month or more i m not sure.

my desicion is still same with first days.

really good offer best hosting service.no downtimes no freeze... thanks hawkhost.

Just signed up. It's good to know your company isn't going anywhere!

is your couponcode is work for life? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aufche View Post
    is your couponcode is work for life? thanks

It is for first payment only it is not recurring.

Cancelled order

I placed an order for a year of hosting, and waited over 12 hours for the account to be activated. I logged in to check on the status since I never got an email, and found out that the order was cancelled with no explanation. My credit card is valid and all the information was accurate with absolutely nothing that could have pointed to fraud.

I opened a support ticket to find out what happened, but even if it is a mistake and they correct it, I am not sure I want to go with this host. The lack of communication isn't the best way to start off a business relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I placed an order for a year of hosting, and waited over 12 hours for the account to be activated. I logged in to check on the status since I never got an email, and found out that the order was cancelled with no explanation. My credit card is valid and all the information was accurate with absolutely nothing that could have pointed to fraud.

I opened a support ticket to find out what happened, but even if it is a mistake and they correct it, I am not sure I want to go with this host. The lack of communication isn't the best way to start off a business relationship.
    Unfortunately we receive a large volume of fraudulent orders so something most likely didn't pass our fraud check - by default our action on these is to simply refund them. Generally speaking this is a non-issue though there are instances such as yours where it could be a mistake and or there is a legitimate explanation for why it didn't pass.

It's difficult to contact every single order that doesn't pass our fraud check as we receive such a large amount of them - also the majority of the time we would be contacting the a fake person / they use invalid contact information.

If you don't mind please PM me your ticket ID so I can take a peak.
    Cody R.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    Unfortunately we receive a large volume of fraudulent orders so something most likely didn't pass our fraud check - by default our action on these is to simply refund them. Generally speaking this is a non-issue though there are instances such as yours where it could be a mistake and or there is a legitimate explanation for why it didn't pass.

It's difficult to contact every single order that doesn't pass our fraud check as we receive such a large amount of them - also the majority of the time we would be contacting the a fake person / they use invalid contact information.

If you don't mind please PM me your ticket ID so I can take a peak.
    It appears it was simply canceled from non-payment and sitting for a 12-24 hours. I believe Tony has got your ticket so you should be good to go.
    Cody R.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast