Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

paypal lets odeonweb trading again?

I have noticed that paypal are allowing odeonweb to accept payments again. I contacted paypal this morning in regards to the dispute I put in the odeonweb transaction which they closed on 18/1 with response - seller does not have sufficient funds to refund you. The phone conversation was interesting. I told the paypal rep of the situation - paid for services, not receiving services paid for. Their response was they cannot refund as he does not have sufficient funds. I then asked why his paypal account was reinstated to accept orders as he has defrauded many, she did not reply sufficiently with answers like "YES" and thats it. I was on the phone with this person for 15-20 minutes who was very unhelpful in resolving the situation. Paypal seem to be a shifty company, I think I will stop using their services as they seem to allow fraudulant activity.

paypal aren't very helpful - I rang up about opening a new account to have two accounts running, i emailed them beforehand with the situation and they replied with something like :

"we are very concerned about helping you out with this matter...blah blah, please call us"

I called them and they said to me that i wasn't allowed to run two accounts, regardless of having them go into two seperate bank accounts and assign two different cc's to them......

IMO paypal support is a waste of time.
    Anthony Bullock
    Freelance Website & Graphic Designer
    SiteLotus.com - Freelance Design Portfolio
    Follow me on Twitter

RANKKA, at least you tried and that's all you can really do. You can choose either to continue to contact them and push the issues or just let it go.

visio, PayPal only allows 2 accounts if 1 is a personal and 1 is business if I am not mistaken. With that in mind, of course even their phone support wouldn't be able to help you.

That's what got me thinking, I only have the single account - Also they told me to give support a call, so that's another way of confusion for me
    Anthony Bullock
    Freelance Website & Graphic Designer
    SiteLotus.com - Freelance Design Portfolio
    Follow me on Twitter

Paypal has a very narrow definition of 'fraud' and is worthless when it comes to providing any kind of security and/or recourse for their users. Never use paypal to pay for 'services'.

Not allowed to have two accounts?
    LOL - On the PayPal website, it says if u want to make a test account, you should just sign up for another account and verify ur info etc on that too.

For refund come to us dont go to paypal. Send an e-mail to sales@odeonweb.com that shows you asked for money back in 14 days from you got your account so we can send your money. If it's after 14 days please let us know so we can help you about that.
    blue27

i thought stefan was banned from here?

stefan, where have you been since Xmas?

my account went down the pan like everyone elses.

what's the story?

Everybody got their accounts back a while ago. We sent e-mails to everybody, check your paypal e-mail. If you still dont have anything please PM me..
    blue27

Do you just create new usernames to try to get attention to your hosting company? Seems like it. Even sounds like your using new names to post negative stuff again just for the attention. Stop acting like your the next big thing here.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Originally posted by Odeonweb
    Everybody got their accounts back a while ago. We sent e-mails to everybody, check your paypal e-mail. If you still dont have anything please PM me..
    i never received any email, you never replied to my support requests/enquiries. what the heck has been going on. a couple of my domain names, which still point (theoretically) to odeonweb are not working, so my account has obviously not been reinstated.

send me a pm please
    blue27

sent. the cpanel accounts have not been reinstated by the looks of it.

WHO let the ODEONWEB in? (In rhyme with who let the DOG out?)

Originally posted by Odeonweb

It is a sheer nonsense in Stefan's part. He contacted me yesterday and changed his MSN ID and he kept on misdirecting me about the bandwidth problem and server crashes (he does not know that I also have other two hosts in touch whose server never crashes or hacked even with ssh). However, he told me that my account would be activated and lo, 24 hours passed, I didn't get any reply So I checked IM after 24 hours and he was there and the following made me very very

09:16:31) drbista: Hey, 24 hours passed and where are my account details? Your own behavior creates a doubt on your integrity and malintentions.
    (09:16:50) drbista: You are just like an acrobat who balances your words with opposite deeds, I am sorry.
    (09:16:52) Odeon Web has closed the conversation window.

The last line is his "Award-winning 24/7 support"

So, don't believe this guy. He is collecting money from people and deceiving just to be a millionnaire. He never keeps his promises.

Well i said i'll give your account and you told me if i dont give you and SSH access with your plan ( which you didnt even pay for it) then dont give it at all so i didnt give you anything. Make up your mind, first you told me your internet access is so slow so i told you i can help you and you start getting an attidue and telling me you need the SSH or nothing and i said i can help you with wget and then you start telling me you need wget everyday 2-3 times. You are trying to get a free SSH account from us and saying if we cannot give it to you then dont even open the account then we dont open it and now you are telling everybody we didnt open your account? Well you are the one who told me you trust me and you are happy with us and when it comes down to SSH access we are bad. Like i said i cannot provide you a SSH access with your account if you want it tell me i'll open it. You dont need to bring it down to the forum.
    blue27

Interesting

Looks like Odeon is getting a lot of negative feedback. Definatly not good for someone searching through WHT to get info about your company.

I would suggest being a little more professional about what you do. Web Hosting is a real business. Treat it like one.

I really don't know what happened (the full story), so I won't stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but from what I read, the way you conduct business has been pretty unprofessional.

Just some suggestions.
    Best of luck to you and everyone getting their domains back online
    Dimitry

Unfortunately we did get some negative feedbacks lately because one of our servers was gone for no reason with managed.com and they didnt say why or anything all they did was restore. Well we finally gave peoples who were in that one server accounts back so everything is ok. Well alot of hosting companies are having some hard time sometimes and we had our first one. Thanks for your post but maybe i'm not that unprofessional since you dont even know me . Thanks again for your opinions.
    blue27

Originally posted by DimitryVC
    Interesting

Looks like Odeon is getting a lot of negative feedback. Definatly not good for someone searching through WHT to get info about your company.

I would suggest being a little more professional about what you do. Web Hosting is a real business. Treat it like one.

I really don't know what happened (the full story), so I won't stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but from what I read, the way you conduct business has been pretty unprofessional.

Just some suggestions.
    Best of luck to you and everyone getting their domains back online
    Dimitry
    Odeon Web got caught asking people coming to WHT to post good reviews for them, then denied it but managed to dig themselves a rather large hole in the process.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

To give Stafan his due, he does genuinely appear to be trying to recover from his problems. He's been quite civil when I've chatted with him on MSN.

He's offered to sort out the current outstanding issues, he's served his WHT ban and taken a high number of public insults.

How's about we judge him on his current performance rather than his past ? Maybe even offer encouragement and assistance !

Of course, if he repeats his previous mistakes, then Open Season would be justiifed :-)

Glad to hear he is trying to work stuff out in a positive manner. Hopefully he has learned his lesson to avoid getting into a situation like this again.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

Yeah i'm not going to lie i've learned alot of stuff and i'm trying my best to cover every mistake i've made. Hopefully everybody will be happy again . Also i never denied that i told people to leave some feedback actually nobody caught me either. I told on my own that's how the admins found out. I didnt even know it was against the rules and i found out it was then got banned for 30 days, learned my lesson and now on i read the rules twice a week
    blue27

he doesnt sound unprofessional to me

at least not in this thread

also, how is it his fault about managed.com??

as far as the original poster claiming that this guy has had MANY fraudulent transactions... how would he even know?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Maybe you weren't around for the original odeonweb thing. Do a search, be enlightened.

He's doing much better now.

He chose to use Managed. Any host worth their salt should fully research their provider and ensure it's a platform that works. You need 100% trust in your provider because it is them that allows you to do business. Ultimately, Odeonweb chose to go with Managed so it is his responsibility.

Have a look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...b&pagenumber=1 - lots of false claims, lies, etc. Whilst I am fully for hosts turning themselves around and doing things properly, it doesn't mean that this can be swept under the carpet. Odeonweb would have to prove themselves in my book before I extend them respect.

The fact that Odeonweb still offers incredibly stupid amounts of diskspace and bandwidth for a low price still astounds me. That kind of business plan hurts the industry - Odeonweb won't be able to sustain the pricing, will probably go under / disappear and leave the customers high and dry.

Unless Odeonweb has investors with deep pockets, there is no way that they can sustain that level of pricing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast