Do not purchase from z555.com

This has been such an endless task. Here's all my details pertaining to z555.com

I purchased webhosting Thursday Dec 23 @ 10:53 pm.

Account Activation Complete email came to me on Fri Dec 24 @ 11:26 pm stating that i have a temp web address and all my login and pw info.

I tried loggin into FTP, web based control panel with the login and pw z555.com email me, but did not work. I emailed them stating I was having problems with account on Sat Dec 25 @ 8:11 am. No response. I emailed them again stating I was having problems on Sat Dec 25 @ 10:22 pm, no response.

I let this problem go on Sunday, but still couldn't login to anything that they gave me permission for (ftp, web based control panel).

Mon Dec 24 @ 4:44pm emailed them again stating i was having problems. No response.

Emailed them again Mon Dec 24 @ 5:06 pm, no response.

Emailed them again Mon Dec 24 @ 8:15 pm, requested my money back, no response.

Any email that i have sent them at the following email accounts, z555@z555.com, support@z555.com, help@z555.com i have not got a response at all!!

So today i have filed a complaint against z555, Internet and Software Services Limited, and Max Reznichenko (the name listed on the bottom of my Account Activated email) with econsumer.gov.

I will keep everyone posted on this problem.

shigmata

With their pricing it is no surprise.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I emailed my post and a link to this thread to z555 and guess what, they are now wanting to fix the prob, lmao, i'm like "no, my money back please"

shigmata

lol
    but,
    Mon Dec 24 @ 4:44pm emailed them again stating i was having problems. No response.

Emailed them again Mon Dec 24 @ 5:06 pm, no response.
    is kind of impatient don't you think?

just a tad bit, yeah i guess i was impatient, hehee

shigmata

Especially for a holiday...

For those prices, I would expect them to not have any full-time employees to answer requests, and especially not after normal hours on Xmas eve.

-- HW
    Zen Interactive
    Paid, and VPS Hosting Plans

I wouldn't of either, but scince they were able to charge my card and send me an Account Activation email on xmas eve at 11:26 pm, that kind of changed my mind. Or unless they needed cash for xmas presents. lmao

well

Impatient yes, most people have sign ups automated now, so canceling is a different story.

First thing that I noticed was that your dates are wrong. The 24th was on a Friday, not Monday. Secondly, with it being the holidays and all, give them a little more time. Next, get your money back if you are all fed up. They have a 30-day money back guarantee and they should honor it.

this post should be deleted., there's enough bad news about hosts and this is just dumb. sign up 2 days before christmas and you should expect to wait until after it to get hooked up unless youre going with a top notch provider.

2Gb Storage, 150Gb transfer for $3.85 a month?
    Decent hosts charge at least triple that ...
    Just don't expect much this plan...

Some domains don't propogate for 72 hours or more, did you think of that?

just wanted to let people know, z555 took care of my prob and have been very helpful with me scince that mishap, guess I just had a rocky start. Hopefully it'll stay this way.

shigmata

Red face

Originally posted by kw31
    I will agree on the "biggie" holidays you can be a little more patient but also note that the above quote was very true, so IMHO you are getting what you pay for if they answer you in 2-4 days or a week or whenever they feel like it.
    Why do people expect "real" service for "unreal" prices? I get so tired of threads about these type hosts and there are at least a couple of new ones everyday here.
    Maybe the above post was right and the mods should just delete them or start a separate forum for "I had a bad experience when I bought a too good to be true deal" forum just for these threads.
    We apologized in person by phone and by e-mail to a new customer yesterday (before they ever contacted us) because an unexpected software "glitch" caused them not to be active for about 11 hours before they could begin using their new account. (We may discontinue using Fraudgate, it screws up for reasons nobody can predict & their support can't explain now & then)
    But hey, we don't offer plans like that for those prices either.

PS: Happy New Year to all!!
    Last edited by DDT; 01-01-2005 at 01:53 AM.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Originally posted by kw31
    I agree with kw31, most hosts would charge around $10 per month for these features. If you need realiability, and good customer support you should check good web hosts..