Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trying to start a web hosting business.

I want to start a web hosting business.What I have need ?

It depends on how big of an operation you are planning to build. You can start small with a cheap reseller account, or you could go big and buy lot of computer hardware. If you are new to the industry, it would be a good idea to start small. Get a reseller account and focus on marketing. Pick a niche to focus your efforts on.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Eectrowriter View Post
    Lots of patience and a partner that will help you become successful
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

It all depends on how you want to jump into the business. If you know nothing about hosting or running a hosting business then check out the running a hosting business forum. Things you need are a server or reseller account, a domain and a billing script for example WHMcs. You can advertise in the offers forum. You'll also need a template for yourself and you can pretty much supy support through email and use a free live chat software.

Goodluck and feel free to reply with any questions.

Trying to start a web hosting business.

I know something about this and learning yet now Geekjshost.
    How much it cost about reseller and my own business ?

Many people start out with a reseller account from a vendor here on WHT. This is the least-risk way to get started. As you build the business, you can invest in bigger and more robust hardware until you are leasing your own racks and building your own datacenters. Baby steps..

good luck to you sir.
    web hosting
    Computer Support, Technology Solutions, Call the Experts.
    Computer Repair
    Computer Repair Las Vegas

Alright I don't know what your budget is but I suggest you look at companies like hostgator where they include a free billing script and other good addict along with top of the line services. Hostgator can provide you with a great plan for around $30 a month with a free copy of web hosting book and whmcs with tons of templates and much more.

It all depends on your budget and requirements.

Your going to have to decide on what kind of plans you want to offer and on what kind of hosting you will focus on.

If you are looking to get serious about starting a hosting company, I think number 1 priority (besides servers) is 24/7 live support. The cost of starting a web hosting company is not worth it unless you are going to go all out and do it right. Reseller hosting is always an option though. Good luck

What kind of question is this? Have you done any research whatsoever?

Do you have any background in the web hosting industry or working with servers? This is a must these days in order to provide your clients with the best support possible. Poor support will result in your clients leaving you.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Another doomed venture..
    AS395558

You should understand this question is a part of a research WickedFactor?
    If you know anything so share it.

This is why there are sooooo many "hosting" companies with a poorly done site and a bad implementation of WHMCS who last for 3 months and disappear with clients data and domains.

It is also why people have no trust in even a stable provider.

If you want to start a business you need:

Experience in the field

Business plan

Money to back the business plan for a year or two

Likely a partner or board who can adives and make sure you dont drive the business into the ground.

This is also a reason why providers need to stop making "reselling" so available to anyone.

Moved > Running a Web Hosting Business.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

You should understand this question is a part of a research WickedFactor?
    If you know anything so share it.
    No. Had you done any research, you would have multiple questions and they would be more specific, like:

What billing system should I use?
    How do I handle customer support?
    Should I start with a reseller account, VPS, or straight to dedicated?

And those are just the basics. How about marketing? Targeting a niche?

All you asked was:

That is not research. What's next? Do you expect people to write your business plan and do everything for you? Research is not jumping straight to asking questions and expecting answers. You have to search and read up on the subject first.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    No.

What's next? Do you expect people to write your business plan and do everything for you? Research is not jumping straight to asking questions and expecting answers. You have to search and read up on the subject first.
    I don't want that people will do everything for me in free.
    But they will make suggestion,what I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    No. Had you done any research, you would have multiple questions and they would be more specific, like:

What billing system should I use?
    How do I handle customer support?
    Should I start with a reseller account, VPS, or straight to dedicated?

And those are just the basics. How about marketing? Targeting a niche?

All you asked was:

That is not research. What's next? Do you expect people to write your business plan and do everything for you? Research is not jumping straight to asking questions and expecting answers. You have to search and read up on the subject first.
    Agree %100. Please listen to what is being stretched to you here before you jump in. You'll be sorry if you don't.
    You're a host. I can help. 870.480.3578

<?php if ( $you are ready to succeed ) : ?>

Perhaps you should Google, "starting a web hosting company" and you'll find plenty of the information you need.
    You're a host. I can help. 870.480.3578

<?php if ( $you are ready to succeed ) : ?>

pick up any stable reseller webhosting provider,proper billing system ,support and promotions..

and then finally,last but not the least ==> Lots of patience and hardwork !!
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

I see many starting with a low low price like $7 per year....
    Don't play this game it's not worth.
    Plan your ROI and have a goal. If you want to make min. $500/month and price $5.00 you'll need to get 100 customers but if you start with $7 per year.... You see what I mean? So set your price according to your goals. Otherwise don't do hosting business. Also, if people tells you its a rich quick business, they aren't honest. It's a very competitive market and like I said the only way some newbies tried to get new customers is to offer bottom price, even that low they just get a very few clients. If they get lot then they won't survive longer than a year having less than $1.00 per month per customer.
    There are plenty of other businesses on the internet that provides better revenues than web hosting.
    Good luck, wish you all the best, read WHT for infos...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
    This is why there are sooooo many "hosting" companies with a poorly done site and a bad implementation of WHMCS who last for 3 months and disappear with clients data and domains.

It is also why people have no trust in even a stable provider.
    I agree. I have had resellers that did the 3 month thing and just vanished. I ended up with their clients . Most were grateful that they did not lose their data, etc...

Found one reseller was even selling domains (but manually registering them under his name), when the domain needed to be re-registered some people were out of luck. Since I offer a domain reseller option to my clients I was able to save most of the domains.

If you want to start a hosting business be aware of what it entails. I've seen allot of resellers get visions of grandeur, when they find out it is not an instantaneous money maker they quit.

Hosting business is no joke at all.. Plan ahead.. Support is the hardest thing to acheive.. You should also alot a budget. Research first before you jump in..
    Remember you are trying to create a service that supports businesses.

When starting a web hosting business it is very important to be patient customers will not just come in it may take a few months before you start getting some customers.

Remember that this can be an international business. I have clients from all over the world. Just remember some words do not translate into other languages very well. Sometimes you have to figure out what the client is talking about when they request support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast