relay.pair.com being blacklisted ???

Hello,

I have been a customer of Pair Networks (pair.com) for a few days and am already having a problem with my outgoing e-mail. I am using their SMTP server (relay.pair.com). What I have found out is that the IP address of the SMTP server is being blacklisted.

Has anyone else had this problem using Pair's SMTP servers ???

If so, is this a common occurrence with them ?

I am trying to decide if I just need to go ahead a pay a little more and go with a VPS setup. I am the end-user with approx. 6 domains and limited hosting experience. I am not a reseller and opted for Pair because I heard good things about them and was afraid a VPS would be more complicated to setup / maintain.

P.S. I contacted Pair's tech support through the ticket system about this, but it's been 7 hours and I haven't had a response.

Thanks,

Greg

Where exactly are they listed? I only see one, for 209.68.5.17, at Reynolds (http://dnsbl.net.au/lookup/?209.68.5.17). What message are you getting back?

More info

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I should have mentioned that they are no longer listed, but they were earlier in the day. Here is a couple of the messages I was getting when my mail bounced.

66.70.109.200 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 553 Blocked - see
    h t t p : / / w w w . s p a m c o p . n e t / b l . s h t m l ? 2 0 9 . 6 8 . 5 . 9
    Giving up on 66.70.109.200.

(sorry about the extra spaces above, it won't let me put a link in since I'm a newbie)

and

64.38.18.202 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 IP 209.68.5.9 found in RBL cache
    Giving up on 64.38.18.202.

(209.68.5.9 is the ip address for relay00.pair.com)

It looks like Pair has now had their mailservers removed from any blacklists. My concern is that this may be a common problem. Even though they may stay on top of keeping their servers off of the blacklists when they get listed, it is still very inconvenient to have e-mails getting bounced back and having to re-send.

Greg