Looking for Windows Could

So far we have our Win dedicated servers with LiquidWeb, which is rock solid, in more than one year with them, we had never an issue and the response time was always inside a tolerable time frame.

We are looking now for a Windows cloud provider which can give us more stability and high availability in case of hardware failure.
    The idea is to have a single instance with two cores and 4 GB, 100GB SAN and try not to spend much more than $200 a month.

I hear that Amazon EC2 is great but the prices seems to be a little bit higher than that.

I read very bad reviews about Softlayer the last couple of weeks.

is there any good provider out there ?
    Is the price I'm willing to pay to low for this kind of service ?

Thanks in advance.

what type of bandwidth are you pushing? You'll probably find that your budget is pushing it pretty close if you have really low bandwidth requirements.
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai

Your budget is spot on I think, you might even get it for less than that

Give SingleHop a look. Great experience so far for us.

Check out for Gogrid cloud.....

I guess 200$ is a fair price but not enough tho

try godaddy ... great and good support ( but u need to illustrate the problem v.well in order to help in one response) but their phone support is the best ever

Quote Originally Posted by hiweb View Post
    I guess 200$ is a fair price but not enough tho

try godaddy ... great and good support ( but u need to illustrate the problem v.well in order to help in one response) but their phone support is the best ever
    $200 is a very reasonable budget I think...

Amazon EC2 is a great solution if you can fit it into your budget. It's highly scalable, can be load balanced, and works well with windows.

Its worth noting that the word cloud is used for marketing purposes and is a way of ripping off potential customers. Its also a new word for vps. Get yourself a dedi dont get ripped off by conmen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-CKS View Post
    Its worth noting that the word cloud is used for marketing purposes and is a way of ripping off potential customers. Its also a new word for vps. Get yourself a dedi dont get ripped off by conmen!
    Cloud generally means "high availability" in a nutshell. The setup, if implemented properly, is different to a standard VPS node in that it distributes the load in such a way that a single server going down doesn't impact on customer servers.

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    Cloud generally means "high availability" in a nutshell. The setup, if implemented properly, is different to a standard VPS node in that it distributes the load in such a way that a single server going down doesn't impact on customer servers.
    Maybe in some cases James yes But 90% of the time its just people calling it Cloud VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-CKS View Post
    Maybe in some cases James yes But 90% of the time its just people calling it Cloud VPS.
    Cloud servers and VPS servers are completely different in every way.

Yes I agree some providers say they're running cloud servers when they're not, however cloud servers beat VPS in every aspect.
    James Little Operations Director Dream Servers Ltd

Dedicated Servers - Colocation - IP Transit - Data Storage - Managed Services - Cloud Web Hosting - Cloud vServers