Thread: EveryDNS down??

EveryDNS down??

A whole bunch of my domains suddenly went off the map, and it seems EveryDNS servers are non-responsive.

Anyone know anything? I can't access www.everydns.net from any location.

Weird, very weird.

Noticing this as well. Extremely strange.

Could be a ddos against them. ns1.everydns.net responded for a few seconds, then went offline again.

I too am having problems. I can ping ns1.everydns.net once in a while but not ns2 through ns4, nor www.everydns.net.

Same problem here. I'm in Argentina and my domains seem like they are being redirected to argentina.com ... awful stuff
    Do you people know how to contact the EveryDNS staff? Perhaps through some other company/path?

- ANK the elder

it is checking argentina.com because maybe argentina.com is in your search list in your DNS (client DNS)

David is working on the problem, they are being DDos'ed. It will for sure take some hours.

Quote Originally Posted by eperez
    it is checking argentina.com because maybe argentina.com is in your search list in your DNS (client DNS)
    Hopefully that'll be the case - that's what some of my clients are reporting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eperez
    David is working on the problem, they are being DDos'ed. It will for sure take some hours.
    Nice to know. Do you know them personally? Do you work with/for them?

Thanks,
    - ANK the elder.

This thread seems better at Provider and Network Outages and Updates Forum. Moved

It was posted on NANOG recently that they are under DoS attack.

Down again..

I don't think they're completely down, since I can get to their nameservers and website.

they are having intermittent outages as they are taking a pretty substantial DDOS against all their nodes, last I read.

This is starting to become a headache. Everything is down again this morning.

They're not posting to Nanog or the Slashdot thread anymore. Anyone know where these guys post updates to this situation?

"Searching for everydns.net A record at l.root-servers.net Got referral to J.GTLD-SERVERS.net. [took 117 ms]
    Searching for everydns.net A record at J.GTLD-SERVERS.net. Got referral to ns4.everydns.net. [took 262 ms]
    Searching for everydns.net A record at ns4.everydns.net. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for everydns.net A record at ns2.everydns.net. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for everydns.net A record at ns3.everydns.net. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for everydns.net A record at ns4.everydns.net. Timed out. Trying again.
    Searching for everydns.net A record at ns2.everydns.net. Timed out. Trying again.

Sorry, I could not continue."