Does unlimited space and bandwidth hosting package benefits webmaster? (Newbie)

Does unlimited space and bandwidth hosting package benefits webmaster? (Newbie)

There is no such thing as unlimited space nor bandwidth. Stay away.

unlimited space and bandwidth hosting doesn't benefit anyone. If you see something to good to be true then it is. Choose a host that has reasonable plans that you can grow as your site grows.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

No, it does not benefit webmasters. You should generally stay away from hosts who offer unlimited bandwidth.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Unlimited = unreliable. Hosts will say this for a sale to be made, however their TOS might restrict some things.

Basically, this is too-freelanced oversaling, where the host doesn't expect the client to use too much. However, if this is abused (which is likely) the server can be at fault and thus, your experience will be a horrible one.

In general, nothing is unlimited, not even to a hosting provider. Stay away from hosts that mention such packages, as they won't be in business long, if they keep up those packages that is.

Server and computer are the same, there is no unlimited. Reason why hosting is offering unlimited space or bandwidth, it makes attractive to new customers who believe there is unlimited (but it does not exist!). In my opinion, when you see "unlimited spaces or bandwidth" plan offer. You can use more spaces as many as you want but if you're using too much resources, they will suspend or terminate your account. Hoster with unlimited offer is unreliable, lack of uptime and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Designgraphy
    Server and computer are the same, there is no unlimited. Reason why hosting is offering unlimited space or bandwidth, it's attractive to new customers who believe there is unlimited (but it does not exist!). In my opinion, when you see "unlimited spaces or bandwidth" plan offer. You can use more spaces as many as you want but if you're using too much resources, they will suspend or terminate your account. Hoster is easily unreliable, lack of uptime and support.
    Exactly, as we all come to it, do not go with hosts that offer such false abilities.

Keep in mind, quality comes in quantity

Dont be fooled by such offers, they are completely nonsense, there is no such unlimited thing. Bandwidth and web space can never be unlimited. Hosts which lie such like that have usually written the amount of bandwidth limit in their TOS.

Be aware of them, it is just a marketing trick.
    Web Hosting by Brontobytes

Not only it will not benefit you, but when someone will try to use all his "unlimited space" the server will end with full hard disk.

Dang...I was just about to write this long rant about "unlimited" and you guys summed it all up nicely.

STAY AWAY FROM SUCH HOSTS!!! You show me a hard drive that is unlimited, and I will show you a host with unlimited space. It cant be done.

thats the most funny things i heard " unlimited bandwidth " I fall for it once many years ago hahahaha but wait they said " unmetered " hahaha while my site was down i asked them what happend they told me you using too much of bandwidth and i was like WTF u promised me unlimited bandwidth, they said we offer unmetered bandwidth not unlimited since then I am trying to find the difference between unmetered and unlimited lol

but yeh stay away from unlimited things one hard drive can not be unlimited

Why do so many people bash unlimited space by webhosts, yet don't bash Google or Youtube for allowing you to upload an unlimited number of videos?
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Does yourtube allows you to upload unlimited number of videos? I never use it.

I did not know yourtube does allow unlimited video uploads. This is new for me. I am an explorer I will go check that out

Offering unlimited space and bandwidth is a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

They allow this because they have alot of friggen money to blow...MOST of us arent rich, MOST of us have lives, wives, and kids, MOST of us wish we could be as cool as youtube and google(btw youtube doesn't allow unlimited uploading, read their TOS)

Hi,
    I think Unlimited means "so limited" Whe you sign up and try to use more space and bandwidth problems will begin
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=549124

Although not "unlimitted", the situation applies. I hope that I never have to read a post from the OP like this in the future.
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

Hello,

Unlimited Hosting and Bandwidth means your Host is trying to catch Customers using this Tech, actually no one can offer UNLIMITED Space, or Bandwidth.. Actually its like that if the Host have a Dedicated Downlink Port consider it as 10 Mbps so he wil have unmetered bandwidth but still a Maximum of 3000 GB bandwidth he can have. So means it will be Unlimited (not Technically) as you can use maximum of 10 mpbs Port. So that is the point, you can ask your host what is maximum of Bandwidth and space he can offer.