Thread: Backup Services

Backup Services

Hey all. I have several WHM based cPanel servers that need to be backed up off site. The servers are all located in US (Chicago, Dallas, and NY). The amount of data is approx 30-40GB.

Can anyone recommend a good service provider (ideally with r1soft) that can meet my needs?

Thanks.

The best available option for your requirement would be to go for Amazon Simple Storage Services (S3)....

Any idea on your budget? Also, I see a lot of places selling R1Soft backups at an extra $20 for the license, but you can pick it up from quite a few people for $9. So, if you're looking to save some money, you might want to get them separately.

Also, there is a backup offers section (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169). Enjoy
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

You could use BQBackup for New York server.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Thanks for the info guys. HostXNow, why only for New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord_ View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. HostXNow, why only for New York?
    BQBackup's servers are located in New York. You don't need to use them, he is making a recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by EndServer View Post
    BQBackup's servers are located in New York. You don't need to use them, he is making a recommendation.
    Yes, BQBackup's servers are located in New York. And as you was after NY location.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Yes, BQBackup's servers are located in New York. And as you was after NY location.
    Actually, I think he is not after a NY backup provider. It looks like he has servers in New York.

Actually, I think he is not after a NY backup provider. It looks like he has servers in New York.
    Yes, but transfers from a datacenter in New York to a different datacenter in New York will be much faster.

I have been rsyncing data from New York to a backup server in the UK and it is taking ages due to the distance.

The closer the backup server is to the source server the quicker the rsync will complete.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Yes, but transfers from a datacenter in New York to a different datacenter in New York will be much faster.

I have been rsyncing data from New York to a backup server in the UK and it is taking ages due to the distance.

The closer the backup server is to the source server the quicker the rsync will complete.
    He has servers in Chicago, Dallas, and New York. I think something like LA would be fine and offer much better backup integrity, because if something ever happened to/in New York, he could lose his backups and his NY servers.

Backup section - I guess I DO learn something everyday.

Any idea on your budget? Also, I see a lot of places selling R1Soft backups at an extra $20 for the license, but you can pick it up from quite a few people for $9. So, if you're looking to save some money, you might want to get them separately.

Also, there is a backup offers section (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169). Enjoy

He has servers in Chicago, Dallas, and New York. I think something like LA would be fine and offer much better backup integrity, because if something ever happened to/in New York, he could lose his backups and his NY servers.
    New Jersey then

Edit: or have server with BurstNET in Pennsylvania

He, why you need service for that? Just get VPS or Dedicated Server for storage, with 1 TRB drives for example, setup easy script which will backup and move your data to this storage. I`m use OWN script writed on bash for start /scripts/pkgacct for each customer, then i move (rsync or SCP) this tarballs to by backup storage.

Its easy and cheap i think.