Free Control Panel for server 2003?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered in a previous thread (i searched and couldn't find anything) but is there such a program out there?

Could someone direct me as to what my options are for a free control panel that is operable on windows server 2003.

thanks in advanced!

HELM Lite 5 (5 Domain Limitation):
    http://www.webhostautomation.com/webhost-877

I believe that PLESK also has a free version, but not 100% sure.

hi thanks for the reply. one question. besides the 5 domain limitation are there any other limitations?

You might want to try and click the link he provided you and read the information about the software, if you dont understand it, shoot back and let us know and we can help you understand everything, but as for spilling everything out for you, try being a little more proactive.

Lane

thanks Lane

The only limitation is the 5 domains.

Moved to Windows Forum.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Control panel for what? What do you need control over? Perhaps look at Webmin, they have a Windows version.
    Joseph Laws
    President - Hi-Definition Gaming LLC

(http://www.hd-gaming.com)
    Professional Gaming Services For The Professional Gamer

Most likely a web hosting control panel

http://dotnetpanel.com 10 Domain free

Quote Originally Posted by discrob
    hi thanks for the reply. one question. besides the 5 domain limitation are there any other limitations?
    Quote Originally Posted by HELM
    Helm Lite 5 includes all the power of the full Helm installation ($899 in value), while enabling you to operate on up to 5 domains for free!
    As stated on their website.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Go for HELM, you will not be wrong. Upgrade (after exceed 5 domain) after you are comfortable with them
    tanfwc

Search google for Zpanel
    YourIHost.com - Reliable Low-cost Hosting

Go for Dot Net Panel as this is by far the best Windows Control Panel and the team at DNP literally add new features on a weekly basis. Also has built in billing and you can start with a free license and add as you grow.

I vote for HELM great company
    Maurice W. Evans, Best-selling author & Marketing Consultant
    Powernality™ Certified Master Trainer | Meta Certified Community Manager
    Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach (Jay Conrad Levinson) | Certified John C. Maxwell Leadership Team

HELM is the best choice. Try it for 5 domains and then upgrade to full version. You'll never have to look back.

If you are looking for something that is absolutely free why not go with WEBMIN. I like them!

I'm an Open Source supporter and ISPConfig is the best I've seen. We use it for all our sites and even resell it.

WEBMIN isn't quite the same thing, although it can be modded heavily to suite. WEBMIN depends on all of the servers being installed and working prior to it being able to do anything with them. Selection of servers is also limited by which ones have WEBMIN modules for them. Granted there are a lot, but not all do or will.

ISPConfig installs everything it needs all by itself. Takes about an hour to turn a vanilla box into a fully functional ISP.

ISPConfig and WEBMIN are for *nix systems only, not Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by aiki
    ISPConfig and WEBMIN are for *nix systems only, not Windows.
    Ah, I missed that requirement in the original post. You are correct, of course.

HELM is a mature control panel system written specifically for Windows. Try the free 5 domain version and then consider upgrading. Any decent control panel software is going to cost money...
    Andrew Ogilvie | Xtraordinary Hosting | AS30827 | Member of LINX
    Dedicated Servers in Central London | Xen VPS Linux & Windows | Complex Hosting | London BGP4 Bandwidth

If you are not hosting any customers, why not just go with a vanilla plain Windows 2003, Remote Desktop Connection and IIS Manager can do most of what you need. You just need to set up a mail, ftp and stats server and you are pretty much done.

For a few sites, a control panel can be more pain then what it is worth.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Helm, Helm, and more Helm. Their new version rocks.

I'm seriously contemplating recommending Helm to new Windows clients over H-Sphere. I love H-Sphere and it also supports Windows (CP under Linux though) but that new Helm is just too cool to ignore.
    Allanon
    vBulletin, Invision, phpBB and Gallery2 enthusiast
    my current webhost: imountain.com -|-|-|- my dedicated server: CIhost.com -|-|-|- dump host: Canaca
    my picture gallery: http://borgclan.com/gallery2

I know this is old, but I have recently run into a control panel for both windows and linux. www.CubePanel.com is a good control panel, comes with a 30 domain lite package for free. The lite package allows you to do just about anything.

I have it setup on a windows server and its works pretty good. The panel isnt the best panel in the world, but is a great solution for someone who has alot of domains and needs it on theor own server. As for using in the reselling hosting accounts or somthing, I dont think its the best choice there.

It takes a little to get used to, but it is now my #1 choice for free panel for now. I reccomend it to all clients now. Very easy to setup!

Lane