PayPal holding funds

Hi,

I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum!!

I logged into PayPal today to find the following message.

"As part of our ongoing effort to make PayPal an even safer place for you and your customers to do business, we are going to place a Payment Hold on your daily sales. Why?"

I clicked on the "Why" link but it returned a 404 error.

I was just wondering if anyone else has received this message as I am not entirely sure what this means.

PayPal is (unfortunately) my main gateway for receiving and making payments and I can not afford for this to happen.

If anyone has been affected by this how long did PayPal hold your money for?

This is why i always advise against using paypal. You will have to visit the dispute centre to resolve the problem. Or call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-CKS View Post
    This is why i always advise against using paypal. You will have to visit the dispute centre to resolve the problem. Or call them.
    I second this, and even then you will have to wait days for a reply.

Calling them is an option, but the answer will be we cannot do anything about this, go with 2co, sign up with them. You can get coupons online to sign up with them free.
    ¦| Host Addon | Premium Web Hosting Services
    ¦| Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Servers | VPS Hosting | Shared Hosting | SSL | Domains
    ¦| 99.9% Uptime | Budget-Personal/Enterprise US/EU/Asia [Offshore] Dedicated Servers

Premium VPS Hosting

I am looking into moving away from PayPal and using Barclays Business Banking. Has anyone had experience with them or would you be able to recommend any other good UK banks for business banking?

Quote Originally Posted by Farooq19 View Post
    Calling them is an option, but the answer will be we cannot do anything about this, go with 2co, sign up with them. You can get coupons online to sign up with them free.
    How much does 2co cost to signup without coupons?

Quote Originally Posted by sentahosting View Post
    How much does 2co cost to signup without coupons?
    $49 I think.

Did you check Alertpay too?

I wonder also why they put on hold of your account?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Yes I know that now thanks! I used discount code WHB3WPFA to remove the $49 fee!!

I am looking into Alertpay now.

Quote Originally Posted by net
    I wonder also why they put on hold of your account?
    I don't know why either. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    $49 I think.
    You will get it for free if you are using WHMCS if not, search retailmenot, you will get the coupon.
    ¦| Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Servers | VPS Hosting | Shared Hosting | SSL | Domains
    ¦| 99.9% Uptime | Budget-Personal/Enterprise US/EU/Asia [Offshore] Dedicated Servers

Premium VPS Hosting

Yes I know that now thanks! I used discount code WHB3WPFA to remove the $49 fee!!

I am looking into Alertpay now.

I don't know why either. !!!

Are you getting more charge back? Are you selling goods or services?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001

At times will be Pending balance of the new sellers in the paypal for a period of one month and then be added to the balance amount

I had a similar issue with PayPal in January, I called them up (got to speak to somebody in the UK who was very helpful) and 15 minutes later after answering a few questions and such my account was back in full working order. Overall couldn't complain about PayPal really, the service I have had has always been reasonable. I think part of the issue these days is people's reluctance to pick up the phone and sort things out and be pro-active about solving issues when they arise.

Quote Originally Posted by robputt796 View Post
    I had a similar issue with PayPal in January, I called them up (got to speak to somebody in the UK who was very helpful) and 15 minutes later after answering a few questions and such my account was back in full working order. Overall couldn't complain about PayPal really, the service I have had has always been reasonable. I think part of the issue these days is people's reluctance to pick up the phone and sort things out and be pro-active about solving issues when they arise.
    I haven't had issues with pp before but i find the whole phone thing bloody obnoxious, it's up there on the 'horrible stuff that should be killed off a long time ago' with fax and having to send cancellations by post

I have never had a issue with PP, in all honesty I have found their support to be quite fast.. though I am not sure if its different outside of the states.

Is your PayPal a corporate account or is it just a verified personal account. I have heard that their may be some favoritism on the side of verified businesses.

My most recent email to PayPal resulted in someone calling me that next morning
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

I dislike PayPal however many people use it, so i need to offer it as a payment system, but it only takes one person to dispute you and your account is in hold, and its a pain to ring them.

That is why the best alternative is 2co, you can accept paypal as well. Paypal is not good for business.

Quote Originally Posted by ************ View Post
    I dislike PayPal however many people use it, so i need to offer it as a payment system, but it only takes one person to dispute you and your account is in hold, and its a pain to ring them.

Premium VPS Hosting

And let 2CO add a few percentage points to your processing fee for letting a third party accept PP for you?

If there's a problem with a transaction via 2CO in regards to PayPal its still going to come back on you.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

I am not sure with that but we are not having a problem with paypal at all.

Specially 4 U

Back when I had a business account with PayPal, we knew from the experiences of others and past personal experiences several ways to avoid ANY issues with PayPal. Let's start with the basics:

1) When you sign up, give them a call afterwards. Tell them how you intend to use the account, the types of market you're targeting, etc...

2) Once you chat with them about what your account is for and it's methods of utilization, ask them "Well, just to get our bases covered now rather than being spontaneously hit with a notification to contact your resolution team, what paperwork can we fill out to clear EVERYTHING up now and validate EVERYTHING we can ahead of time?"

3) Submit the paperwork, wait a week or two, bam. No future trouble. Ever. The only trouble you'd run into would be a rolling reserve if you use Payments Pro.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Hi,

I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum!!

I logged into PayPal today to find the following message.

"As part of our ongoing effort to make PayPal an even safer place for you and your customers to do business, we are going to place a Payment Hold on your daily sales. Why?"

I clicked on the "Why" link but it returned a 404 error.

I was just wondering if anyone else has received this message as I am not entirely sure what this means.

PayPal is (unfortunately) my main gateway for receiving and making payments and I can not afford for this to happen.

If anyone has been affected by this how long did PayPal hold your money for?
    The best way is to write them/speak to them to see why this problem occurred.
    Never heard of something like this.
    I've seen sales that were blocked due to disputes but only those sales not the entire process.
    You might also consider introducing another form of payment ... to have a ready made back-up in case ... of anything.
    Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    I haven't had issues with pp before but i find the whole phone thing bloody obnoxious, it's up there on the 'horrible stuff that should be killed off a long time ago' with fax and having to send cancellations by post
    The fastest way to get any support at all from any company is to call them. There's no reaosn not to

it only takes one person to dispute you and your account is in hold
    Nonsense.
    I've received a few disputes (a handful, maybe) over the 12 years I've had accounts with them (personal, closed to open business, and another personal). Never once has my account been suspended.

and its a pain to ring them.
    Again, nonsense.
    Skype works, if you don't have a U.S. office
    Got a U.S. office? Pick up the phone and call them!

I've never, ever had an issue with getting ahold of PayPal on the phone at all. Usually any issues I've had are cleared up right away, as well.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons