* What is the best 1U COLO DEAl ?

I am searcghing for a 1U colo deal - found that ****** is offering one for 49$ .
    before i buy it -

1)i heard a loot about their customer support on the web
    hosting - is it the same in the COLO dept?
    2) if they're really bad - does anyone have a better idea for the
    same price (or around this price )?

Tx in adv.

They're banned here... That can't be a good sign

Sentris has colo for $50 a month that is 1.5Mbps in speed

1)WOW ! never saw soucha thing - :0!)

tHEre is another company i heard giving 49$/1u
    http://www.unitedcolo.com/colocation.htm

are they also banned /?

if they are banned, you will see ***** in their domain name that hide their real domain name

So the answer is no, the company you mentioned is not banned here (unitedcolo)

Its only a deal if it suits your needs.

Ask questions about server reboots, getting a real qualified technician to look at your server, or other services you feel you need. The more professional you are about what your doing, the higher level of support and help you will need. Also, dont pay for guarenteed responce times, etc, unless being down for more than a few minutes really hurts you financially. For $49, i doubt its your first concern.

For reference, you wouldn't hit the datacenter floor with us for $49. But, depending on what your looking for it may be exactly what you need.

Re: What is the best 1U COLO DEAl ?

Originally posted by chabadta
    I am searcghing for a 1U colo deal - found that ****** is offering one for 49$ .
    before i buy it -

1)i heard a loot about their customer support on the web
    hosting - is it the same in the COLO dept?
    2) if they're really bad - does anyone have a better idea for the
    same price (or around this price )?

Tx in adv.
    Is that full a regular 1U, or a 1/2 deep 1U like a Cobalt?

Width: 16.7 in.
    Height: 1.7 in.
    Depth: 22 in.
    Weight: 17.6 lb. (Net) 22 lb. (Gross)

OK, I'm gonna try it. ***************

..... man.... it's blocked and I'm hosting with them!!! Gonna move soon. OK, trying another one... dathorn.com . . . . vshosting.net

Someone from estonia has overed me a full rack for like 899/month this morning

If anyone wants a 1U colo for under $25/month, I would be happy to refer you to the data center that we use and to our account manager. We are VERY happy with their service and support.

In fact, they went above and beyond the call of duty several times already and I have nothing but good things to say about them.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Do you really want your servers in Estonia though? Security..network connectivity....redundancy....I don't know which company this is, I can only say if the majority of your traffic is in the US, you might save a few $$, but you're likely to lose customers/visitors/hardware (when the company decides not to do colo anymore, what are you going to do, fly to estonia to pick it up?)
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Originally posted by cdgcommerce
    If anyone wants a 1U colo for under $25/month, I would be happy to refer you to the data center that we use and to our account manager. We are VERY happy with their service and support.

In fact, they went above and beyond the call of duty several times already and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Um for ****s and giggles - who is the provider please?

I wasn't going to ask that, but I too am interested in knowing
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Sure, our data center provider is Continental-VisiNet. Their Web address is at http://www.visi.net but they do not list their prices on their site. They are a regional ISP in Virginia with two data centers and they are owned by a very large company, Landmark Communications.

Our Account Manager is Wellesley Dombek. You can e-mail her at
    wdombek@visi.net - feel free to tell her that I referred you. (I don't get any form of compensation btw, we are just very happy customers and they have been very good to us)

We have used them for nearly a year at this point and they have been great to work with. Their tech support staff is very friendly and helpful.

My only caveat is that if you need a VAST amount of bandwidth, it will be a bit more expensive than some other options. But if you are looking for a good colo home for anywhere from 1 to dozens of servers and use a fairly mainstream amount of bandwidth, it is a great solution. (at least, it has been for us)

Hope this info helps and good luck on your hunt for the right colo option for your needs!
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Please also note... the cost for bandwidth is separate from the
    rackspace cost for the 1U itself.

In other words, if you have 4 x 1U servers, the cost might be $80-100/month but then the bandwidth cost also applies so that could be $100/month more for all of the servers added up, etc.

So if you only have a single 1U server and someone else is offering $50/month for 1.5 MBps connection AND the rack space, that might be a better option.

All comes down to how many servers, what level of bandwidth/transfer you need for those servers and what level of support you need.

cdgcommerce - what bandwidth carriers do they use?

What would a full rack and 100mbps cost?

They use UUNET and C&W. We have a 10mpbs port which is more than sufficient for our specific needs. I'm not sure of the cost of a 100mbps connection with them.

I'm sure if you need a full rack (32U's) and 100mbps, they will be happy to negotiate with you. You'd be a bigger fish than us and I'm sure you would get even better discounting.

Someone from estonia has overed me a full rack for like 899/month this morning
    Thats $899 USD right?

I can beat that deal without breaking a sweat, and I'm in the US. If thats a good deal, then I'm raising prices

If anyone wants a 1U colo for under $25/month,
    cost for bandwidth is separate from the
    rackspace
    I'll give you 1u for $15, but then let me tack on network charges, reboot ports, etc

The hair on the back of my neck has something to say about visi.net, but I cant put it into words. I personally live in Virginia and my experience with them was so very long ago.

Please don't flame me, i'm not saying they're a bad provider. Its just this intuition I am having from a prior experience: times could definately have changed. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

In general, I would say weigh out whats important to you. If you REALLY need the cheapest around, then it looks like you're on the right track. If you require solid support, you may want to continue shopping and getting suggestions.