Do your glasses leave marks on your nose?

I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time but keep forgetting. I have a pair of glasses that I have been wearing for a year and I like them. However they leave dark imprints on my nose where the glasses rest. I went by the eye glass place and they said that the nosepads are not tight and it is normal. However I have been wearing glasses since I was 10 years old and never had marks on my nose. So my question is, is it because I am getting older and the natural fat is making my nose a little bigger so the glasses are digging down into it, or do I need to get another pair of glasses that do not leave marks? Thanks

Always have my glasses professionally fitted but I still get marks (indentations) on my nose and the side of my head!
    Natural fat - that's what the wife would say!

My glasses don't leave any marks on my nose or anywhere else.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I don't wear glasses but my boyfriend does when he's at home (wears contacts otherwise). His do leave marks on his nose, even though he only wears them for short periods at home!

My brother has to wear glasses too and he has the same problem.

I don't know what you could do to fix it. I think it's pretty common.

If the actual distance between nosepads is standard and equal for all off the shelf frames, it would make sense that some people get marks and others don't. After all, we all have different sized noses. Some are wider than others. Is that due to larger bone structure or due to fat? Probably a combination of both.

If a pair of glasses goes onto a person with a thin nose, I suspect no marks. But if the same pair of glasses is worn by someone with a wider bridge at the top of their nose, it will go on tighter, so then they show marks.

Suggestion - get custom frames made to suit your nose.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

If they are not fit to my particular frame, then yes, they leave marks, however, if it's a professionally done pair, then I never have an issue.

I've worn both reading and actual glasses (although I choose not to by choice ) and have the same experiences with both.
    o AirborneFive
    o Optimized Web Hosting Solutions
    o AIM: A5Support | MSN: airbornefive@live.com

Just wait till your on year 20 of wearing them they will always leave a mark no matter how great they fit.
    im contemplating laser surgery but i
    refuse to remove my BeEr Goggles

Well mine are $300 Brooks Brothers custom fit and they are not tight and leave marks.

If your glasses are leaving marks on your face they're not properly fitted. Additionally people many times pick frames that are too small width wise and they end up with lines on the side of their head too.

I had these issue which lead me to be very careful picking out glasses. It's a good idea to choose the glasses you like and have them fitted to your face before ordering from your optometrist. I've come to the conclusion metal frames are always better, and that there should really only be four points of contact with the skin. The temple(behind the ear for each piece), and the bridge(2 nose pieces).

I have a lot of good experience with ray ban prescription glasses which aren't too expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    My glasses don't leave any marks on my nose or anywhere else.

--Tina
    Glasses should only be worn 'on the nose', where else do you wear them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Glasses should only be worn 'on the nose', where else do you wear them ?
    Well, I have been accused of having my head up my...nevermind.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I only wear reading glasses, so often they get raised onto my forehead, ie watching TV & reading, glasses going up & down.
    I'm blessed with 'good hair' not balding yet & unlikely to.
    I don't mind marks on my nose, but I hate the 'nose supports' that are seperate from the frame, they get stuck/tangled in my hear and I transmutate into a monster.
    I try to select frames which are 1 piece, fully intigrated nose support, but the cheaper ones seem to break to quickly, which then also turns me into a monster.
    I gues at some stage I'll go blind & bald, and then stop moaning.

Any one from the UK old enough to remember 'The Milky Bar Kid /NHS glases, 2 of my brothers used to wear those as kids, then progressed through 'Hank Marvin' to John Lennon to BOF glasses.

My real preverence has to be 'Beer Glasses'

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    My real preverence has to be 'Beer Glasses'
    Thats right everything is equally blurry