Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

For the past entire week I keep seeing baby cockroaches in my house. They are very small and I've killed about 10 of them already. I think some damned cockroach layed eggs in my house and I'm really freaking out.

My house is bare empty and super duper clean, I don't understand what they are doing here! Disgusting.

I want to move back to califnornia. California isn't nearly as humid as florida is it? Maybe california has less roaches. I lived there for 3 years when I was little so I don't really remember. I'm thinking of moving back someday... I'm sick of this sticky humid floridian swampland.

I've noticed spiders everywhere -- big ones, small ones, paper thin ones. Inside and outside the house, sometimes even in my car! Nasty. This evening, I was walking down to my basement when I saw this multi-legged creature (I'm not quite remembering what they call 'em). Yuck.

JP
    JP
    Justified Existence - my blog on blogging and writing for a living.

Spiders are cool. I don't mind them in the house at all. They take care of the other bugs. But roaches...hate 'em.

Frosty, try combat roach gel (I think it's combat). It's this gel in a syringe type tube that you put around the house. Within a few days, all dead roaches.

It's the only thing that works for me and I'm a Florida native.
    BliksemHosting.com || WEBHOST MAGAZINE & BUYER'S GUIDE Editors' Choice for Reseller Hosting
    *Exceptional Service & Uptime || True 24/7 Support & End-User Support || Industry Leading SLA
    *Shared --> Reseller --> Semi-Dedicated --> CO-OP --> VPS --> Dedicated
    *Fully Scalable --- We're the last host you'll need

I heard roaches are a big problem in florida if you do not spray on a regular schedule, my aunt pulled up her W/W carpet a few months ago and was infested and she is a neurotic cleaner.

Baby cockroaches inside the house is ok, I have baby cockroaches inside my cup. I teach u a way to get rid of them, after I stop washing my cup for about 9 months, no cockroach dare go in, very effective insect repellant.

I have been getting them everyonce in awhile. Found out the houses around me were doing some bug sprays, hence them running for cover over to my house Got the bug man out, barely see them around anymore.

Put sections of duct tape (duck tape) in your cabinets and other places with the sticky side up. By accident, I discovered this works. I had thrown some stuff under the sink, one board had a piece of tape sticking out on it. Couple of weeks later when I looked under the sink, there were tons of baby roaches stuck to it. They were still alive, just looking up at me with those big pleading eyeballs on antennaes, so I sprayed them with permithrin

hhaha, nice work!

Originally posted by Webdude
    Put sections of duct tape (duck tape) in your cabinets and other places with the sticky side up. By accident, I discovered this works. I had thrown some stuff under the sink, one board had a piece of tape sticking out on it. Couple of weeks later when I looked under the sink, there were tons of baby roaches stuck to it. They were still alive, just looking up at me with those big pleading eyeballs on antennaes, so I sprayed them with permithrin
    best way if duck tape works, then buy a whole bunch of those sticky pads they use to trap mice in. My friend has some in his dad's 'wharehouse' and I accidentally stepped on one, took a little time to get off.

They get in the house from the perimeter, so treat the perimeter with pesticide once a month.

Those little black roach traps work pretty well

Re: Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

Originally posted by Frosty
    For the past entire week I keep seeing baby cockroaches in my house. They are very small and I've killed about 10 of them already. I think some damned cockroach layed eggs in my house and I'm really freaking out.
    What you're seeing is only a fraction of what you actually have.

If you want to get rid of them for good, drop me a PM and I'll tell you what you need to do.

-Bob
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Just stay away from hot and humid areas and live in cold and dry areas. I haven't seen even an ant for a long time here. No bugs or anything are a problem here. I would simply recommend you to move back to California. Florida isn't a very good place to live in my opnion.

Heh, yeah the little buggers get annoying. But I have noticed there are never any middle size roaches, so the babies must die or head outdoors before they grow up. It is building up to the wet season here now, so I guess I'll be seeing more soon.

Chinese eat cockroaches also, if in China , will know why you cant find medium size ones. I heard when roasted , the paste inside the cockroach body taste heavenly. Anyone want to try?

Originally posted by Webdude
    They were still alive, just looking up at me with those big pleading eyeballs on antennaes, so I sprayed them with permithrin
    don't you feel guilty at all? hehe good work!
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.

Yeah i hate those damned things as well, esp the big ones that fly. Usually i just get someone else to finish it off or waste alot of sheltox on it
    Shawn Ho
    Singapore Web Hosting Talk - http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com
    Singapore Soccer - http://www.singaporesoccer.com
    EMAIL - shawnho@sgwebhostingtalk.com

Thanks I will try the roach gel and roach traps. I don't want to spray pesticides inside the house but I did already treat the perimeter of the house last week and the whole yard.

I want to move back to california. I lived in Agoura Hills back then near LA. I remember it was really pretty (lots of mountains) there but lots of people and smog. But still prefer it over florida anyday.

Re: Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

My house is bare empty and super duper clean, I don't understand what they are doing here! Disgusting.

I want to move back to califnornia. California isn't nearly as humid as florida is it? Maybe california has less roaches. I lived there for 3 years when I was little so I don't really remember. I'm thinking of moving back someday... I'm sick of this sticky humid floridian swampland.
    You're leaving Florida just becouse your home has lots of roaches ? woa...
    Go to any store near your home and buy some spray which kill roaches.
    Mortien is the best one.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

No... not because of roaches. I'm so sick of the muggy and sticky humidity in florida. It's a bloody swampland.

I prefer the climate of california, it's not nearly as humid and a couple degrees cooler and I miss the mountains

Someday I'll try and move to CA.

No... not because of roaches. I'm so sick of the muggy and sticky humidity in florida. It's a bloody swampland.

I prefer the climate of california, it's not nearly as humid and a couple degrees cooler and I miss the mountains

Ah I see.

Good luck with the roaches

- Diesel
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

I'm in Miami, FL. The weather is great.. I love the rain.. sometimes it gets a little too hot, but it's manageable.

As far as teh roaches, we don't have that many out there. I'm about 10 minutes from the everglades.

Now.. in GA... yea we had FLYINF Roaches in GA.. man gives me the shivers!

Cockroaches normally lives in the place where there is WOOD!
    we have sofas in every room and we have lot's of Roaches under the sofas
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Now.. in GA... yea we had FLYINF Roaches in GA.. man gives me the shivers!
    She meant CA. Yeah, GA is also hot and humid. Even though CA is much less humid than FL, I really wonder how people can stand it anyways. I can't stand anything over 15% humidity.

Originally posted by excelblue
    She meant CA. Yeah, GA is also hot and humid. Even though CA is much less humid than FL, I really wonder how people can stand it anyways. I can't stand anything over 15% humidity.
    Ok? I was talking about GA. I lived in GA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast