Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by backtogeek View Post
    Thanks DotVPS, I cant see that reply however could you post a link so I can respond directly?
    I Submitted a ticket with them before finding this about nodes hanging they said

Hi,

Im afraid as you Purchased your License from a Reseller we can only provide support Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, you will need to contact your License Provider for support outside of these hours.
    ----
    Regards,

Jason Smith
    Management
    SolusLabs Ltd

My reply was:
    http://forum.soluslabs.com/showthrea...rated-customer

Nice to see you keep an open eye on the forums

Hi,

Ok I can see that you seem to have quite a few issues, what I'm going to do is copy that forum post into a ticket reply and we can work through them one by one until we have resolved them in a way that you feel is acceptable.

As it is the weekend currently Im going to put this on hold until Monday and I will personally go through each of the issues with you.

I will now copy the forum post here in another reply.
    ----
    Regards,

Jason Smith
    Management
    SolusLabs Ltd
    Copied from Forum Post:

ISSUE 1

The node backup feature has been causing node hangs since at least version 1.2.xx and probably further back (when it was first implemented), when initially opening tickets begging for help there was none available and I was instead told that it should not be causing an issue as it was only a dd command.

WORK AROUND

I have dropped that feature and instead implemented my own backup system which requires manual work but it has never caused any issues with stability

ISSUE 2

The rate limiting feature since it was implemented causes node hangs, to top this off when it was removed in version 1.8.02 the options on the front end at least were still available and no information was sent to customers telling them why/what or when, 3 months later 1.9.00 is released with this issue apparently fixed.

Sadly that is not the case the bandwidth rate limiting feature is still causing node hangs, customers have been lost. This has been reported as early as 12/01/2012 yet to date no notification has been sent to customer notifying them of this issue which to me seems insane as there is serious potential for loss of customer data.

WORK AROUND

We have simply decided not to offer un-metered / rate limited packages any more and never will again while using SolusVM, the net result is a bunch of unhappy customers some of which cancelled immediately and I am sure others will follow.

ISSUE 3

The "IP Stealing & ARP Attack" disables IP6, I have reported this multiple times, the last discussion ended in me being told that ebtables is not supported for IP6 in CentOS 5.x - I have since done some research which I have now had confirmd and the statement is this "Ebtables, arptables and bridge-netfilter are a part of the standard 2.6 kernel and are enabled by default by most Linux distributions." on top of that nothing extra is required for IP6.

I was given a manual work around but this required adding rules for every VM/IP6 address/ VIF which is TOTALLY impractical.

This is a huge issue as it is a security concern if you offer IP4 and IP6 to customers you are pretty much screwed on this one, what is even more frustrating is that despite this being reported multiple times and getting agreement from soluslabs that this feature should at least carry a warning to warn people that it will disable IP6 as of 1.9.01 it is still not present.

WORK AROUND

I have just finished a script today that dumps information and runs a check to see if any IP stealing is going on and sends an alert if any abusers are found, low and behold an abuser was caught on the first run (while the solusvm option was ticked). this work around is again manual work and does not prevent arp attack.

ISSUE 4

Bandwidth is still not being counted correctly there is huge difference between what is displayed on:

manage.php?id=xxx
    'ifconfig vifvmxxx.0'

ISSUE 5

There is still no load monitoring features for individual VPS's in XEN as there are for OpenVZ, granted the 2 virt types are very different but this information is available in other panels and this is in the art of the possible.

WORK AROUND

Paid for my own system to be made, works fine but is not tied in to solusvm so the alerting is not yet great and is another manual check.

ISSUE 6

The email notification system is not working properly, this was meant to be fixed in 1.9.01 according to the release notes but it is still present, something to do with the relevant flags in the DB not being reset.

WORK AROUND

Again manually setting up separate monitoring and alerts.

ISSUE 7

CPU/LOG/Kernel monitoring alters simply don't work and never have.

WORK AROUND

Again manually setting up separate monitoring and alerts.

ISSUE 8

If you are in a situation where by a node goes down or is under high load unfortunately if you try to interact with it in any way from the master it also causes the master to hang for up to 10 minutes at a time.

WORK AROUND

None

ISSUE 9

Listing virtual servers, this is just plain messy, unless you want a list of everything your pretty stuck, for example if I list/search by node name it shows me a page if VPS on node X, if I press page 2 then suddenly I have a complete mix of nodes again.

WORK AROUND

Allot of clicking back and forward to get what I want

ISSUE 10

WHMCS module does not show the xen id only the vserver ID, both would be so much better so I dont need to login to solusvm and find the server to interact with it via the node console.

WORK AROUND

Allot of clicking back and forward to get what I want

ISSUE 11

As the xen backed shows all mac addresses as FF:FF:FF.......... its a massive pain to match up a mac with a VM and there is no way to search in solusvm by mac.

WORK AROUND

A big string of commands.

ISSUE 12

The soluslabs staff don't seem to have a test environment that remotely resembles a live environment so it can feel (no offence intended) that soluslabs tend to make thier problems yours when asking for help with responses like, we don't have xx or yy but it worked fine on bb or aa

WORK AROUND

Have free public co-op nodes without SLA or guarantees or directly partner with a host that covers all virt types and use IP6, I cant help feeling (again no offence) that soluslabs are getting more and more removed from an operational host perspective and that is exactly their target market.
    ----
    Regards,

Jason Smith
    Management
    SolusLabs Ltd
    They thought i made the thread.

Jesus ********* Christ man......... this is exactly my frustration, those guys are obviously skilled no one is denying that, and despite what seems to be popular belief I have no issues with any of them personally.

But as evidenced above its just that their fingers are always just off the pulse.

It turns out it was yourweb (yourwebhoster.eu) that decided to remove the post, they moderate the soluslabs forum and he thought it was better for me to raise bug reports for each issue, ironic considering it was yourweb that made the bug report system that is one of my complaints,... i.e. it is totally ignored.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

Good to see they're aware of the Chrome issue.. hopefully they'll fix it.

Yeah shame theres only really 3-4 Panel's.

1 being HyperVM which from past experience is a No.
    1 being VePortal which must be okay if BurstNET use them but there site is always down.
    1 being solusvm - well the post's about the issue with them.
    1 being virtualizor - weirdly set out.

onnapp
    archipel
    hosting control panel
    sysvm
    open node
    fluidvm
    vds manager
    DTC Server
    Aventurin{e}

Sure there are many more too, most don't have a WHMCS module but if you cant write one yourself its only going to cost you about $300 to get one made.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

Guys

we use solusVM 1.9.01 does anyone have this problem

a) all VPS's are not showing any bandwidth usage
    b) if you click Nodes > list > *choose a OpenVZ Node* > click Loads. it does not display the load per VPS? this worked fine for us <1.8
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro View Post
    Guys

we use solusVM 1.9.01 does anyone have this problem

a) all VPS's are not showing any bandwidth usage
    b) if you click Nodes > list > *choose a OpenVZ Node* > click Loads. it does not display the load per VPS? this worked fine for us <1.8
    It's working perfectly fine here. Traffic shaping is also working like a charm on our OpenVZ
    KnownSRV.com - Privacy. Managed. Secure. Guaranteed!
    Web Hosting | Dedicated Cloud VPS | Dedicated Server
    YOUR Day and Night, Fully Managed Hosting Solutions with REAL 24/7 Support

Phil @ SolusVM just fixed it for me by making some changes to LightHTTP on the slave
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

I know it is a bit offtopic but I recently found out that SolusVM has not option to live migrate (like old HyperVM has).I understand that there is no problem to do it via console but I found it very time consuming instead of click&go in HyperVM.

Maybe we should hire some developers and get new panel for us all :-)
    Marcin Krupinski
    HOSTINEURO
    Fast,reliable VPS and Dedicated Servers in Europe (Germany / Netherlands)
    Red Hat Certified Engineer(RHCE)

Quote Originally Posted by hostineuro View Post
    I know it is a bit offtopic but I recently found out that SolusVM has not option to live migrate (like old HyperVM has).I understand that there is no problem to do it via console but I found it very time consuming instead of click&go in HyperVM.

Maybe we should hire some developers and get new panel for us all :-)
    It's a huge pain, and I think this is an issue that SolusVM needs to address, among many other little pesky features.

- Live migration from the panel
    - Bulk IP assignments to VPS's instead of one by one, especially with ipv6
    - Organization of node listings on the left menus - alphabetical listing
    - Backup management system - automatic maintenance
    - Better OS template management/maintenance options

Just a few that I can think of right now. I'm sure there is plenty more.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Reading this makes a lot happier with the decision to not use any of the pre built panels or accounting systems. Sure it has taken a great deal of time and some money but I now have my own system where I decide what to build or support and I have the source! :-)

Sorry to hear your pain though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123