Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Godaddy or Gate.com or Jodohost

Guys,

Which are the better of these hosting companies,
    am looking good reliable hosting, with great
    support, pre-installed scripts, aspjpeg...

Vinny

I would recommand you dreamhost.com , their support has been good and have heard a lot of good reviews about them.

many reliable hosts out there. Why did you name those 3 hosts?

My Vote goes to JodoHost.

My experience with them for a couple of years now is very fine.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

JODOHOST! JODOHOST! JODOHOST! JODOHOST! JODOHOST!

Fast! Reliable! Dependable!

I only named the three hosts, because from my research on the net
    I find that these are amongst the best in support and reliability.

Are there anyother good hosts out there.

What is so good about jodohost??? is really fast and always on, and provide pre-installed scripts like forums and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by vin16 View Post
    Are there anyother good hosts out there.

What is so good about jodohost??? is really fast and always on, and provide pre-installed scripts like forums and so forth.
    There are many good hosts out there. It's not just JodoHost.

Well, can't say what is so good about them.

Basically, we've have good experience with them. I don't remember any major downtime. Their servers are fast and never noticed any of my site slow down. That's all.

Since, they are H-Sphere based and use different physical servers for different Services like Mail, MySQL, Web, DNS, and so on I feel they are more reliable. Coz, even if the Mail server is down your Web Server will be UP.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Mikey,

Do there offer any scripts, like forums, gallery etc

Quote Originally Posted by vin16 View Post
    Mikey,

Do there offer any scripts, like forums, gallery etc
    They do but, I think it's only on Linux Servers and NOT on Windows ones.

Why don't you shoot them an email?

Haven't really used it anytime though. I like to install scripts, forums, gallery from scratch by downloading and not by using any automated system.

You can PM "Yash-JH" on this forum.

You are not interested in medium or full trust for dlls? I think this is an important feature depending what you are going to develop.

hello,

is jodohost control panel decent? I have been looking at some screenshots and the cp is horrible.

Please advise.

Regards,

They are H-Sphere and it takes some getting used to.

I won't say horrible but, it's a bit confusing at first.

But it's very stable and I find most of the things pretty much straight forward now that I have used it for a couple of years.

We are using HELM and i think that might be confusing to our reseller clients to get used to HSPHERE.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by CodeSpanker View Post
    We are using HELM and i think that might be confusing to our reseller clients to get used to HSPHERE.

Regards,
    I'm not sure what screenshots you have seen, but the End-User Control Panel is pretty straight-forward and intuitive. We have some 25,000+ end-users on HSphere, and have heard few complaints.
    The biggest advantage of Hsphere is that its clustered, giving you better reliability and performance.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Hello,

Ok, where can i see some screenshots of your cp?

Regards,

Before I came to work at my current position, I was actually a customer of JodoHost.

Overall, they're pretty good and if you HAD to just choose between those three companies, I would recommend JodoHost hands down. Stephen over there is a great guy to deal with and cares a great deal about his customers. That being said, they had a huge issue with a Virtuozzo server and the backups of my VPS were not being done correctly as they were supposed to be. They've since corrected that issue and I haven't heard about it in the forums since then (I've obviously left them as a customer since then . No host is perfect

Also, as an aside, If you are a reseller at JodoHost, setting up HSphere is probably one of the biggest pains in the butt you'll ever encounter. It's not that it's difficult, it's just extremely tedious when you just want to get up and running quickly. Once you get it up and running though, it's pretty solid. The end-user experience is OK and definitely comparable to Helm or Plesk.
    ActiveHost - Upstate New York Data Center Services: Powering the Active Business with ProActive Service
    Windows and Linux Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dynamic Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    In business since 1996. Privately owned multi-million dollar data center. 24x7 Support.
    www.activehost.com sales@activehost.com 1-518-372-2842

First of all thanks for your post.

You mentioned "if you HAD to just choose between those three companies", do you advise other companies beside those?

Regards,

Well, since I work for a competitor of JodoHost, my answer might be slightly biased ;-) I would definitely take a look at expanding out your search and taking a look at other hosts as well though, it can never hurt to know all your options before you jump in.
    ActiveHost - Upstate New York Data Center Services: Powering the Active Business with ProActive Service
    Windows and Linux Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dynamic Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    In business since 1996. Privately owned multi-million dollar data center. 24x7 Support.
    www.activehost.com sales@activehost.com 1-518-372-2842

Godaddy - NO

I do not know much of other hosts, just make a search here.

Hello Will,

Glad to hear from you again, and hope you enjoy the new position you are in!

Yes that issue you mentioned was resolved very quickly and we have even advised hosts here on the Virtuozzo backup methods since that time due to the education by experience in that case. We will soon be introducing some new features in regard to this but I can't mention them here as it may be seen as advertising which I am very careful not to do.

Hsphere related:

That being said, Hsphere can be a bit difficult initially but it is getting to be slightly easier in the Hsphere 3 series that removes one of the extra logins needed to make accounts. It used to be that you had a reseller login, a reseller admin and a reseller service domain user just to get started, there is now no need for that reseller admin account.
    However we have a step by step guide to ease that as do many other Hsphere based hosts.

Exclamation Don't go with gate.com if your site is written in .net

They say they support .net 1 and 2, but I was just told that to send out email from my site I need to do it using ASP !!! No other option will work.

I'm now looking for another site due to misleading hosting package information.

Also, stats do not work if your site is written in .net 2.0. Don't ask my why since I've lost a week of traffic information and GATE.COM is clueless as to why (am seem not to care)

The quest for an honest windows (not windows on Unix/Linux) hosting company continues .....

Quote Originally Posted by l4h4 View Post
    They say they support .net 1 and 2, but I was just told that to send out email from my site I need to do it using ASP !!! No other option will work.

I'm now looking for another site due to misleading hosting package information.

Also, stats do not work if your site is written in .net 2.0. Don't ask my why since I've lost a week of traffic information and GATE.COM is clueless as to why (am seem not to care)

The quest for an honest windows (not windows on Unix/Linux) hosting company continues .....
    I would recommend taking a look at Discountasp.net. I have been using them for my ASP.NET hosting needs for years, and I think they are great.

wat abt Godaddy

Had seen comments about Gate & jodohost, but what about Godaddy.
    Their plans are really impressive..but heard that not fit for a starter.if any probs come around, no way to solve..Their support is horrible.what you guys say?

Quote Originally Posted by dits59 View Post
    Had seen comments about Gate & jodohost, but what about Godaddy.
    Their plans are really impressive..but heard that not fit for a starter.if any probs come around, no way to solve..Their support is horrible.what you guys say?
    I'll recommend that you stay away from Godaddy. Always only get domains from a Domain Registrar and nothing else. If you search around here you'll not find very good things about godaddy.

Avoid JodoHost!!! I have been have email issues for months and so far the tech support has not resolved them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast