I need help finding a programmer and web designer

Hello. I live in central California and am looking for someone to designn my website and program it. I will be opening an ecommerce store shortly and would like to have this part set up. Does anyone know the average cost to hire someone to design and program a website. I would like to have oscommerce and a simple layout.

Can anyone suggest a place to look or can I find someone on here. I would prefer it if I could find someone who I could call (not just email) and maybe work with person to person, not just over the internet, or is it common for people to find programmers who live very far away? Does anyone have any suggestions? To give you an idea of what type of store I will be opening, you can look at kawaiicorner.com or phoophie.com.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions for places to look and things to watch out for when finding a designer. Thank you.

Are you open to taking offers from members? If so, I can move your thread to the advertising forum

If you want to hire locally then best to Advertise locally.

Forums on the Internet will get you replies from all over the World. Mind you, with VoIP becoming popular and the many people using Yahoo Msgr. & Skype for voice chatting without long distance charges, you should be able to find someone in the U.S. or Canada that you can work/chat with.

As to your Shopping Cart, I would advise ZenCart over osCommerce. Better secuity, easier to use, and updated on a fairly regular basis. No matt what script is used, probably looking at $200 - $500 USD to get started. And always make sure you can see working samples/sites of previous work done. Also might want to contacting previous Clients of a Designer as that can give you a good idea "how" they work with a Client.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

I would prefer it if I could find someone who I could call (not just email) and maybe work with person to person, not just over the internet, or is it common for people to find programmers who live very far away?
    There are so many methods of communication available these days that the location of a programmer/web designer is irrelevant when hiring one (for me anyway!). There are many business in India that will charge half of what other people do and they do a fantastic job every time. They are all extremely reliable and talented people.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

"There are many business in India that will charge half of what other people do and they do a fantastic job every time. They are all extremely reliable and talented people."

Do you know where I can find these people in India to do business with? How could I find them? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, anon-e-mouse, I would be ok with you moving this thread to the advertising forum. thank you.

I would speak to the_pm and visit their site at:
    http://www.equentity.com/

A great group of people and awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by transops
    There are many business in India that will charge half of what other people do and they do a fantastic job every time. They are all extremely reliable and talented people.
    Some might be. All - I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by garmentrevolution
    Also, anon-e-mouse, I would be ok with you moving this thread to the advertising forum. thank you.
    Okay, now you can accept offers. Maybe you can specify exactly what you are looking for

I am looking for a programmer who can program oscommerce and a web designer who can design a simple website for me and change the way the standard oscommerce looks to customers. When I say simple, I mean, I would like easy nagivation. Here is a site that I like its layout of: antifluff.com, I want the site to be "cute" as I will be selling these types of items: see phoophie.com website, kawaiicorner.com, qoutlet.com

Are there any programmers and web designer from India on these forums?

What you want is an oscommerce modification & skinning. The cost-incurring parts of that are visual design that is to be skinned into oscommerce, and programming work that modification would require. If you hold modification to minumum, costs can be cut greatly.

We have been doing oscommerce/creloaded modifications for the last year to a l.a. based contractor who often visits wht forums. If you can work with overseas, we would be willing to take on your job. Check us out at www.zerensoft.com or send a pm to me from here.

I am looking for a programmer who can program oscommerce and a web designer who can design a simple website for me and change the way the standard oscommerce looks to customers. When I say simple, I mean, I would like easy nagivation. Here is a site that I like its layout of: antifluff.com, I want the site to be "cute" as I will be selling these types of items: see phoophie.com website, kawaiicorner.com, qoutlet.com

Are there any programmers and web designer from India on these forums?
    Hi Garmentrevolution, i am from india Mail me at sujoyy@hotmail.com
    WebDesign,Websolution, Scripting, SEO
    Web Development & Promotion, Project Outsourcing

Hello!

We can definitely take care of this for you. Please email me at korey[at]ithost.ca if you are interested.

I am looking for a programmer who can program oscommerce and a web designer who can design a simple website for me ...
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Hello, we can help you. We have experience in webdesign as well as osCommerce integration.

Our firm is very interested in doing this for you. I have some questions for you. Please check your inbox.

Cornelius