Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Client having problems viewing their site

I have a client that has been having problems on and off viewing her site, I got her to do a traceroute and then my host said...

"From the traceroute it seems like a network related issue. Please have a try from a different ISP and let us know if the issue persists."

No to me that is not very helpful, as she wants to view the site on her computer not someone elses or am I totally missing the point and missing what it means. Or does it just mean she cam try using a different browser.

Just to add - the site is showing 100% uptime and everyone else can see it, so it is probably a network issue.

Any suggestions?

You can try having her view the site via a proxy. If the site was just created then there still might be DNS propagation going on and her ISP's DNS resolver's just haven't caught up yet.

If the account is not new, and she can access the site via a proxy then she should try flushing her computers DNS cache and maybe even contact her ISP to see what is going on.
    Tyler S.
    TheWareHive.com | Hosting Sites Since 2010

"Problems Of Today, Meet Solutions Of Tomorrow"
    US East ~ Shared, Dedicated & Fully Managed VPS Solutions

As Thewarehive said, if site is new, then surely propagation going on or if site is old, definitely DNS Error.
    Flush DNS Servers, and then try loading site.

or Told her to use Google DNS and then try again as

This trick works for one of my client in Nigeria.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Thanks for the replies, the site is 8 days old, so pretty new. I have now suggested the things mentioned above and hope that works for her.

Your client is probably accessing her mail on mobile to often causing her IP to be temporarily blocked. You can check Main >> Security Center >> cPHulk Brute Force Protection (Login/Brute History Report) to see if her IP is being blocked. If it is, her phone is checking mail more than 60 times in a hour causing her IP to be temporarily blocked. You can increase the limit in CSF from 60 to 180 logins per hour.

I'm guessing you're using cPanel/WHM/CSF because I remember you waiting for the VPS from FutureHosting.

Check

###############################################################################
    # SECTION:Login Tracking
    ###############################################################################
    # Block POP3 logins if greater than LT_POP3D times per hour per account per IP
    # address (0=disabled)
    #
    # This is a temporary block for the rest of the hour, afterwhich the IP is
    # unblocked
    LT_POP3D
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Along with what HostXNow said, if you have the client go to whatismyip.com then give it to your server admin.Have them checked the blocked IPs in the firewall if you have one.

"From the traceroute it seems like a network related issue. Please have a try from a different ISP and let us know if the issue persists."

No to me that is not very helpful, as she wants to view the site on her computer not someone elses or am I totally missing the point and missing what it means. Or does it just mean she cam try using a different browser.
    To answer the question -

This helps narrow things down if you check from a different ISP/Proxy/location then you can rule out DNS/prop or some sort of routing issue with your home ISP or a larger routing issue at a further level.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by hostmyshop View Post
    I have a client that has been having problems on and off viewing her site, I got her to do a traceroute and then my host said...

Just to add - the site is showing 100% uptime and everyone else can see it, so it is probably a network issue.

Any suggestions?
    Have you tried asking her if she can reboot (reset her modem) and see if she can access her website? You can always have her go here http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and have her type in her domain name (this will at least show her that you are not lying to her and that the problem is local, not with the server).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Hello,

Make sure their IP has not been blacklisted and their DNS is correct

That would be a good starting point...

Regards,
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Like others have stated a firewall block is the first issue that comes to mind, however if the connection dies before reaching the server that points to a network issue. Does the traceroute show any hops before the failure begins?
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

I'm really at my whits end now and dont know what to do, my client is still having problems viewing her site and the last message from my host is that her IP address is not blocked and an Internet service provider (ISP) is an organization that provides access to the Internet. So the user need to check this from a machine which is provided by an another organization . She may do this by changing her ISP or by checking from an another location say from her friends machine which is having a different ISP.

Now I cant suggest that she changes her ISP can, that seems a bit mad to me. Also I can ask her to see if it will work ona friends computer, but how is this going to help her?

I have checked it from 3 different UK locations and its showing fine, (though she is in the USA) so guissing its going to show fine on her friends computer.

Any ideas what I can do now? I feel really bad for this client.

I'm really at my whits end now and dont know what to do, my client is still having problems viewing her site and the last message from my host is that her IP address is not blocked and an Internet service provider (ISP) is an organization that provides access to the Internet. So the user need to check this from a machine which is provided by an another organization . She may do this by changing her ISP or by checking from an another location say from her friends machine which is having a different ISP.

Now I cant suggest that she changes her ISP can, that seems a bit mad to me. Also I can ask her to see if it will work ona friends computer, but how is this going to help her?

I have checked it from 3 different UK locations and its showing fine, (though she is in the USA) so guissing its going to show fine on her friends computer.

Any ideas what I can do now? I feel really bad for this client.
    As I understand it, everyone except her, or people using that same ISP can access the site. If so, I would contact her ISP.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

I did get her to contact her ISP and she forwarded their reply...

"We ran tests on your line and are unable to find any issues. Please contact the provider of your webstore for further assistance.

I hope this helps. If not or if you have any further questions that we can be of help with, please feel free to reply back to us, chat with an online agent or calling us."

I did get her to contact her ISP and she forwarded their reply...

"We ran tests on your line and are unable to find any issues. Please contact the provider of your webstore for further assistance.

I hope this helps. If not or if you have any further questions that we can be of help with, please feel free to reply back to us, chat with an online agent or calling us."
    Okay. Then it must be something in between. You said you had her do a traceroute. Could you please post that here?
    Bacon forever!

Traceroute has started ...

traceroute: Warning: www.magnolia-moon.com has multiple addresses; using 66.152.109.24

traceroute to www.magnolia-moon.com.Home (66.152.109.24), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets

1 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 1.832 ms 0.759 ms 0.653 ms
    2 ptld-dsl-gw38-230.ptld.qwest.net (207.225.84.230) 25.478 ms 27.310 ms 25.578 ms
    3 ptld-agw1.inet.qwest.net (207.225.86.41) 26.380 ms 28.789 ms 26.926 ms
    4 sea-brdr-02.inet.qwest.net (67.14.41.18) 30.841 ms 29.998 ms 30.008 ms
    5 64.208.27.137 (64.208.27.137) 30.015 ms te8-3-10G.ar5.SEA1.gblx.net (64.208.110.141) 30.563 ms 64.208.27.137 (64.208.27.137) 28.725 ms
    6 gx-inet.gigabitethernet7-5.asr1.bos1.gblx.net (64.209.97.126) 116.726 ms 115.756 ms 118.006 ms
    7 ge-1-9.cr2.alb1.tvc-ip.com (66.109.38.161) 118.224 ms 117.527 ms 117.813 ms
    8 ge-2-2.es2.alb9.tvc-ip.com (66.109.38.194) 119.734 ms 118.774 ms 119.554 ms
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 * * *
    16 * * *
    17 * * *
    18 * * *
    19 * * *
    20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 * * *
    26 * * *
    27 * * *
    28 * * *
    29 * * *
    30 * * *
    31 * * *
    32 * * *
    33 * * *
    34 * * *
    35 * * *
    36 * * *
    37 * * *
    38 * * *
    39 * * *
    40 * * *
    41 * * *
    42 * * *
    43 * * *
    44 * * *
    45 * * *
    46 * * *
    47 * * *
    48 * * *
    49 * * *
    50 * * *
    51 * * *
    52 * * *
    53 * * *
    54 * * *
    55 * * *
    56 * * *
    57 * * *
    58 * * *
    59 * * *
    60 * * *
    61 * * *
    62 * * *
    63 * * *
    64 * * *

Can you verify if she can access http://magnolia-moon.com/ (without www)?
    Bacon forever!

I will check and reply with the answer.

Are you absolutely sure she hasn't been blacklisted in CSF?

Well I did ask HawkHost if her IP address is blacklisted and the reply was no (full reply above). And I have no way of checking as I only have a reseller account for USA clients.

But what is CSF?

Well I did ask HawkHost if her IP address is blacklisted and the reply was no (full reply above). And I have no way of checking as I only have a reseller account for USA clients.

But what is CSF?
    Its a free software firewall http://www.configserver.com/cp/csf.html
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

But what is CSF?
    Well if HawkHost said the IP is not blacklisted it is not blacklisted. CSF Ia a firewall.

The reason I asked about non-WWW is that I could see there are no A record for www of the domain.
    Bacon forever!

Quote Originally Posted by lakridserne View Post
    Well if HawkHost said the IP is not blacklisted it is not blacklisted. CSF Ia a firewall.

The reason I asked about non-WWW is that I could see there are no A record for www of the domain.

Her domain isn't actually registered with us, she just changed the nameservers so is there any possibility this could be cauing a problem? I know it took ages for them to update the nameservers so it didnt inspire much confidence from the word go.

Her domain isn't actually registered with us, she just changed the nameservers so is there any possibility this could be cauing a problem? I know it took ages for them to update the nameservers so it didnt inspire much confidence from the word go.
    The name servers are currently set to
    ns1.evocart.us
    ns2.evocart.us

I assume that is you hence your signature.
    Bacon forever!

yes the name servers are correct

That could most definetly be the problem. cause if there dns responds slow to your server that could cause all sorts of problems.
    *~ Shared,Reseller, and Cloud VPS Provider ~*
    *~ Check out our site at 24Khost.com ~*
    *~ Birchtreelane Gifts, Antiques, Books, Collectibles Birchtreelane.com ~*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast