Thread: The Truth

* The Truth

The truth must be heard about the beloved "Chicken". I e-mailed him asking a simple question and look at the response I received:

--------------------------------------------------

"Chicken" <chicken@webhostingtalk.com>

Reply-To :

To :
    "Michael Benett" <michaelbenett@hotmail.com>

Subject :
    Re: ?

Date :
    Sun, 2 Sep 2001 13:07:29 -0700

MIME-Version: 1.0
    Received: from [209.249.55.203] by hotmail.com (3.2) with ESMTP id MHotMailBD5BDC8D001E4004370ED1F937CB04870; Sun, 02 Sep 2001 13:07:42 -0700
    Received: (qmail 2654 invoked from network); 2 Sep 2001 20:12:02 -0000
    Received: from unknown (HELO eebuserver) (63.205.43.127) by panther.webhostingtalk.com with SMTP; 2 Sep 2001 20:12:02 -0000
    From chicken@webhostingtalk.com Sun, 02 Sep 2001 13:08:26 -0700
    Message-ID: <00fe01c133ea$e5113ac0$6601a8c0@eebuserver>
    References: <F159YEcSaQJ6KivjHLr0000564c@hotmail.com>
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4807.1700
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4807.1700
    View E-mail Message Source
    Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

You know what Michael, you're really a stupid dumb ****.

-Chicken
    WebHostingTalk.com Moderator

AND THEN MOMENTS LATER I RECEIVED THIS:

Reply-To :

To :
    "Michael Benett" <michaelbenett@hotmail.com>

Subject :
    Re: ?

Date :
    Sun, 2 Sep 2001 13:22:00 -0700

MIME-Version: 1.0
    Received: from [209.249.55.203] by hotmail.com (3.2) with ESMTP id MHotMailBD5BDFF900B840043258D1F937CB04980; Sun, 02 Sep 2001 13:22:18 -0700
    Received: (qmail 2846 invoked from network); 2 Sep 2001 20:26:33 -0000
    Received: from unknown (HELO eebuserver) (63.205.43.127) by panther.webhostingtalk.com with SMTP; 2 Sep 2001 20:26:33 -0000
    From chicken@webhostingtalk.com Sun, 02 Sep 2001 13:23:50 -0700
    Message-ID: <015801c133ec$ec321c50$6601a8c0@eebuserver>
    References: <F191XMlVtYo79oOwE8c00005528@hotmail.com>
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4807.1700
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4807.1700
    View E-mail Message Source
    Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have nothing else to say to you. I'll let Matt decide if he wants to
    pursue legal action against you. Please direct all further correspondence
    to him.

-Chicken
    WebHostingTalk.com Moderator

Legal action against me for what? Asking a question? "Chicken" is beginning to sound like a True Hosting wanna-be.

Not very professional or nice. I think Chicken's position on WebHostingTalk should be strongly reconsidered.

If you would like me to forward the e-mail to you, please e-mail michaelbenett@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your time,
    Vince
      0 Not allowed!

Why not let us see what you wrote first?
    Eric Desroches - eric@american-hosting.net
    American Hosting for Quality Shared Web Hosting and Custom Reseller Solutions
    http://www.american-hosting.net/
      0 Not allowed!

Angry

Originally posted by Ericd
    Why not let us see what you wrote first?
    Sorry Eric,
    I guess that was a little biased of me.

I was asking Chicken why my IP was banned (I didn't know what I did). Then he replied with those responses.
      0 Not allowed!

im sure Chicken will reply sooner than later.
    And hes highly respected, im 100% sure its somewhat justified.

(We all have our weak moments)
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RunOfTheMill
    im sure Chicken will reply sooner than later.
    And hes highly respected, im 100% sure its somewhat justified.

(We all have our weak moments)
    I am expecting Chicken to delete this thread.

I'm sorry, but I don't think anything justfies e-mailing a person who just asked a simple question, basically cussing them out, and then proceed to tell them that they are going to "take legal action" against you.

I also expected everyone on this board to jump to conclusions and say that I am wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

why wouldnt we think you are in the wrong.
    The only way i can see otherwise, is that its a case of mistaken identity.
    Which you claim it is?

He's been on the boards for over 2years now (ithink), never any problems, why would it start, all of a sudden, with you?

At Least you were Expecting it Though

But it'd still be nice to hear from Chicken, when he gets around, i dont see why this would get deleted.

but it SHOULD be in the Lounge, i Say.

Trevor
      0 Not allowed!

Post Well..

Forward it to me, so I can make sure nothing was "Forged headers", as well as what you sent him. Thanks!

-Kyle
    -Kyle Reilly
    http://www.kylecool.com - My Website
    http://kylereilly.com -KyleReilly.COM :: MY WEBSITE
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry vincem but i cannot believe you Chicken is the GOD of WHT. He is definetly highly respected on this forum as well as freewebspace forums & sitepoint.

Regards,
    HostEXP
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Hostexp
    Sorry vincem but i cannot believe you Chicken is the GOD of WHT. He is definetly highly respected on this forum as well as freewebspace forums & sitepoint.

Regards,
    HostEXP
    That's not fair...........You're Chicken and BC's God...........
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Hostexp

Regards,
    HostEXP
    You do not believe me even if I have proof? It is so sad how everyone jumps to conclusions on this board. Please e-mail michaelbenett@hotmail.com if you would like me to forward these e-mails.

- Vince
      0 Not allowed!

No. Really, vincem, You can't just come and say that. There's probably a good reason you don't tell us why your IP was banned. In which case you really 'are' a . . . . . . .
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    No. Really, vincem, You can't just come and say that. There's probably a good reason you don't tell us why your IP was banned. In which case you really 'are' a . . . . . . .
    There you guys go again, jumping to conclusions. I do not know why my IP was banned... only Chicken can supply that answer. Even if I did something horribly wrong it does not justify cussing me out and threatening to sue me.
      0 Not allowed!

listen

its either a case of mistaken identity.

Or you did something wrong.

Its that simple.
    It was either a mistake, or you deserved it.

Win-Win for Chicken.
    Right?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RunOfTheMill
    listen

its either a case of mistaken identity.

Or you did something wrong.

Its that simple.
    It was either a mistake, or you deserved it.

Win-Win for Chicken.
    Right?
    Even if I did something wrong does it really justify the fact that Chicken offended me by cussing me out?

And if it is mistaken identity... Would you like it if you were arrested and put in jail for several years for something you didn't do?
      0 Not allowed!

Let me Answer those Questions.

1. Did he have the Right to Cuss you out.

Not Necessarily, but i dont know what you did.
    If you did something very bad, like tried to hack the server, or something evil of the kind, then i'd tell you where to go too.
    (I think most of us would)

2. If its a mistaken identity, then Chicken will apologize to you, im sure.
    But whoever those comments were meant for, were definitely well deserved if they came from the Chicken himself..

He's not a mean SOB.
    So its not his type.
      0 Not allowed!

You can't handle the truth!

- Jack Nicholson
    vincem, allow me to explain why your IP has been banned (while Chicken is off the forum)....

1. Your IP address matches to about 160 abusive submissions made to the WHT Host directory. All of these submissions were made along the lines of 'WHT sucks!' and they hardly ever varied in form or matter.

2. Your IP address also matches a number of banned trolls on this forum. No names required beccause they have all been removed. Your IP address is also NOT dynamic; thus it is possible to trace all activity between the banned members to one single computer on your company network. Either that, or it's a network/proxy address blocking off a network of computers. Either way, all of the above applies to one person, or an entire department of the same hosting company.

I also deem it unnecessary to post your company or IP, since doing so will lend yourself to being totally ridiculed and abused by other members of the forum, causing unnecessary flame wars.

Unless you can supply a proper and plausible explanation for the above, the ban remains and Matt will take the appropriate action.

With regards to Chicken cussing, it could be because he is totally sick and tired of having to deal with trolls and wankers every single day...................

As far as I'm concerned, the thread's closed and dead (unless Chicken wishes to add his thoughts) - vincem if you have a rebuttal send it to moderators@webhostingtalk.com instead.
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Well..

Originally posted by Kylecool
    Forward it to me, so I can make sure nothing was "Forged headers", as well as what you sent him. Thanks!

-Kyle
    Don't worry Kyle, I can confirm that it was sent, somewhat in a moment of complete disgust (after I got 170+ email confirmations that my link, "WHT SUCKS" has been added to various directories by my name and email, I kinda got a bit miffed). BC was close, the submissions were not made to the new WHT Host Directory, rather to free for all link sites, and similar site submission type places (world-wide).

I know the board would love to discuss this, but since it may end up being a legal issue due to the possible damage it may cause the forum, I simply cannot offer any further comments on the issue, nor this individual's actions. Matt will have to decide if he wants to pursue legal action against this person, and only if it affects me directly, will I pursue any legal recourse.

I appreciate your understanding and support, and would like to apologize to the forum for the note. Normally I'm patient with even the slime of the board-spamming slime, but that one got the best (worst really) of me.

-Chicken
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-02-2001 at 09:55 PM.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!