Angry how to grow up your own bussiness?

i want to grow up my own hosting company ... i am in country that i could make a data center ... so i am a Mediator between the clients and the data center ..

i want to know how can to be on the right way with hosting industry business ?

like softlayer the planet singlehop ... how could they planning for someting like this ? and who could make this planning?

and what is the fund that i could start with it the thing make our company grow

we running webhosting and sell dedicated servers but there is no Gain at all , we even didn't have office ... i earn for each server 20$ only ... and all server i have 16 includes my own servers that running the webhosting , the webhosting running yearly not monthly

the problem is ... how could i expand and earn well ... all clients happy with our services but the problem we can't earn at all the Sales and Marketing we make is advertise on forums only

btw the company run with two ppl only .. we can't afford for another one

if u are have that issue ... what will u do then?

What country are you in?

Why do you want to start a data center? Is there a demand for a new hosting company in your area? Do you already have customers?

Your email is a bit vague, and open ended so it's hard to provide constructive feedback.

Maybe if you stated some of your goals, and a little bit about why you think you could provide a service that would be different from the competition, we could provide more feedback.

make a good marketing plan
    sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/index.html

starting a DC needs very huge investment, analyze your areas marketing potential start with reselling servers..

if you only make 20 dollars per server.... how much are you selling the servers for and what are the specs. you should be making 60+ per server atleast
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Starting a DC costs a lot of money. You're looking at at least a million needed up front. You're going to need to have staff, servers, redundant power, reduntant internet connection, fire suppression. Then you're going to need to be able to market it. If you can't afford to hire more people, you can't afford a datacenter.

Where exactly do you live? Costs vary from country to country and specific locations. However, it will be a large investment for you. This is why there are only a few datacenters compared to hosts.

you will need a detailed well thought out business plan, as well as quite a few investors at least.

Re: how to grow up your own bussiness?

Quote Originally Posted by assassin85 View Post
    i want to grow up my own hosting company ... i am in country that i could make a data center ... so i am a Mediator between the clients and the data center ..

like softlayer the planet singlehop ... how could they planning for someting like this ? and who could make this planning?

we running webhosting and sell dedicated servers but there is no Gain at all , we even didn't have office ... i earn for each server 20$ only ... and all server i have 16 includes my own servers that running the webhosting , the webhosting running yearly not monthly

the problem is ... how could i expand and earn well ... all clients happy with our services but the problem we can't earn at all the Sales and Marketing we make is advertise on forums only

I was in the same boat till I found experienced business professionals who not only helped me but were great as experienced Business Coaches. They offered so many benefits with successful strategies, how to deal with obstacles and starting problems, how to access businesses for sales, how to prepare a business plan and will also solve the myths of easy business financing. Check out: www businessforsmarties com for more info.

The price for a GOOD datacenter will be very, VERY high...you may want to get some investors....and someone to help you plan this out.
    madgenius.com - S Corp. We are US based company.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Also offering custom solutions and automated provisioning for most services

I would advice focusing on two things:

1) If you want to survive, and grow, make sure you have a good cash-flow plan. Know exactly what money comes in, and goes out. Make a list of all the bills you have, and all the payments you will get. Then figure out which of those bills can be negotiated lower, or paid on longer terms. And which customers are not paying you on time, and try to figure out how to help them out.

2) Figure out which are your most profitable clients, are there any similarities? A particular industry, size of company, or geographic location? Then focus your energy on marketing to these companies. This increases your margins, and gives you more cash with which to grow.

My 2 Cents.

Well you are a really "Junior Guru Wannabe". A Wannabe without any idea how business work. You really don't want to start with a datacenter if you ask this kind of questions.

And it all depends on your government not a small business owner (i know that will insult the americans here) but you don't have the money to provide good enough infrastructure.

Maybe you should consider to buy a 42 HE rack and host your services in a country with better infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin85 View Post

For any business to grow, just follow the simple rule

"" Promise and deliver more"" --simple manthra

Outsourcing can help you deliver more service to your customer at an affordable price. Check out the outsourcing companies listed in the WHT wiki and discuss with them about a good deal to offer 24/7 helpdesk support to your customer. Then project your selling point in all forums and highlight your customer testimonials.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

Quote Originally Posted by llothar View Post
    Well you are a really "Junior Guru Wannabe". A Wannabe without any idea how business work. You really don't want to start with a datacenter if you ask this kind of questions.
    Haha.

But seriously, find a niche and then explore that.

And if you don't have the $ to back you, i really recommend starting small and scaling when the sales justify it.

If you happen to have a good round a 3F funding, by all means, go all out and do trial-and-error, that method works sometimes too.

(Disclaimer: if you didn't understand the sarcasm above, don't plunge in unless you have a plan or a lot of money)

Lawrence
    Tired of Hosting? Let Us Buy You Out!

BUYOUT HOSTING - Where Buyers and Sellers meet!

I would advice focusing on two things:

1) If you want to survive, and grow, make sure you have a good cash-flow plan. Know exactly what money comes in, and goes out. Make a list of all the bills you have, and all the payments you will get. Then figure out which of those bills can be negotiated lower, or paid on longer terms. And which customers are not paying you on time, and try to figure out how to help them out.

2) Figure out which are your most profitable clients, are there any similarities? A particular industry, size of company, or geographic location? Then focus your energy on marketing to these companies. This increases your margins, and gives you more cash with which to grow.

well said..
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider

Quote Originally Posted by blessen View Post
    For any business to grow, just follow the simple rule

"" Promise and deliver more"" --simple manthra

Outsourcing can help you deliver more service to your customer at an affordable price. Check out the outsourcing companies listed in the WHT wiki and discuss with them about a good deal to offer 24/7 helpdesk support to your customer. Then project your selling point in all forums and highlight your customer testimonials.
    can someone give url link to
    "Check out the outsourcing companies listed in the WHT wiki"

Sorry just got it.
    I did not see it at the top of the page
    Simon
    Solutions With A Smile - Web Development | Domain Names

Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry