Thread: LiquidWeb

LiquidWeb

I plan to purchase from LiquidWeb

Before I purchase could someone tell me if it is good?

» 50 Gigabytes Storage » 400 GB's Transfer » 384MB RAM Guaranteed » 512MB RAM Burstable » 4 IP Addresses » Cpanel/WHM/Fantastico/XController » Fully Managed Support
    For 60/Month

You may want to search the forums, I am sure you will find useful information about hosts by doing so.

I would consider more ram and less bandwidth. You'll be using most if not all your guaranteed ram for cPanel and the OS. Relying on burst is not a very good idea unless it is a "tinker" box.

Quote Originally Posted by oninuva View Post
    I plan to purchase from LiquidWeb

Before I purchase could someone tell me if it is good?

» 50 Gigabytes Storage » 400 GB's Transfer » 384MB RAM Guaranteed » 512MB RAM Burstable » 4 IP Addresses » Cpanel/WHM/Fantastico/XController » Fully Managed Support
    For 60/Month
    If you check Liquid Web's thread in the VPS deals forum, you can probably find a better price.

Those are the maximum upgrades they have for their VPS. But I was wondering if it is enough?

It depends on how much traffic you plan to serve and how complex your sites are.

I currently manage a VPS1 account at LW (and personally have a VPS2). With all services (Apache/Exim/MySQL/CPanel/etc...) up and running on the VPS1 and a small amount of traffic, it is currently using 287MB of RAM.
    The VPS does have a PHP cache taking up 32MB or so of RAM, and it gets a reasonable amount of mail traffic.

If you are running only 1 site or a few smaller sites (without huge traffic requirements) it should be fine. Otherwise, get a VPS2.

I would advise a VPS2, and can assure you that LiquidWeb's service is outstanding.

LW are a great choice for VPS hosting. Good luck!