Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. great set of FAQ's. thanks for the time of putting it together.

When I say hijacked it is the same as stealing in principle, just the terminology used for domain names. You buy a car to drive it around but it can still be stolen, same principle. You buy something to use it, just because you pay doesn't mean you are immune to bad things happening.

If you copied a website like this one it isnt hijacking or stealing (unless you took all content too), we're talking about actually taking the domain name, webhostingtalk.com. If you took control of this domain name by some illicit means, that would be hijacking.

Hope that clears things up, sorry for the delayed response
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Very nice FAQ.

i think i haven't seen it but can we add this question:
    how long does it take for a domain to propagate?

thanks

Draco,

Usually it just take a few minutes. But in a worst case in can go up to 72 hours...
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

what if someone hijack our domain? any procedure for this also?

Quote Originally Posted by eglim
    what if someone hijack our domain? any procedure for this also?
    contact the registrars, or hire a laywer
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

thanks for this post its really help other people who has no idea about domain registration etc...
    But what is the best resller for domain?

what to really see at the registrar before buying domain with them? i've read many comment about registrar but do i have to choose only from the comments? are there other things i should know about the registrar before buy domain with them?

mossimo : I've used like 3 o 4 places to register domain and by far godaddy is the best, its a good price and good service, so I ll stick with it.

one: Comments seems to be a great tool to make you decide whetere to register a domain with a certain registar or not, also check their prices and what do they offer (extra services, support 24/7? among others), you can test how fast their support service can be by asking them anything you wanna know before register with them, that'd should do.

Hi

I just want to say thanks for the assistance. I am in the processes of buying some domains and I was unsure how to proceed. Guess I must get myself an account at one of the registrars.

Question is it better to have accounts with more then one, like one with Enom and one with GoDaddy.

And are there fees for transfer of domains?

Thanks again for all your help, saved me hours of searching and reading.

I may sound like a godaddy employee (which im not) LOL but for example, to transfer domains at godaddy won't be any more expensive than registering a new domain (6.95 $ plus fee ), this is when you go with them, other places like Enom probably have bigger prices but its up to you to choose which one to use.

You CAN have accounts on both places if you want to, that if you ACTUALLY need to have accounts on both of them , I prefer to have 1 account at one place, it what i need and works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
    Hi

I just want to say thanks for the assistance. I am in the processes of buying some domains and I was unsure how to proceed. Guess I must get myself an account at one of the registrars.

Question is it better to have accounts with more then one, like one with Enom and one with GoDaddy.

And are there fees for transfer of domains?

Thanks again for all your help, saved me hours of searching and reading.
    Hey this was exactly what I was about to ask in my new post in this thread...and you snatched words from my mind.)
    I have the same query. I want to purchase a domain for my client who is also taking a Hosting Plan from me. But my host wouldnt allow me more than one as free with the Plan Plus the worst, it doesnt also have the extension desired by
    my client.

In that case if I register with another domain seller , I have to register in my own name and address and coz...this seller doesnt allow reselling, I have to purchase the desired domain of client in my own name and address.

Now what??? How do I transfer the domain my client requires which is in my name to my cleint's name without charging anything extra for transfer.

Let me confess here, I am totally new and just starting this domain business after going through so many posts here which helps me a lot in understanding.

Which domain registrars & resellers provide the DOMAIN LOCK facility?

Is it free?

How much do they charge?

Godaddy and Hostway does
    its already included on their services.

is here any way to contact the owner if the registration was used as private?

yes, emails should be automatically forwarded to domain owner. You just don't have access to their real email address.

The link to official registrars are dead?

Domain management

I am quite confused about how this works and hopefully i think i have done my homework, my question will not be too embarrasing.

First of all, i would like to manage my domains independently from the web hosting solution, is any official domain management resource? i moved from hosting A to hosting B and the first one had a superb domain management service while B does not.

I want to renew the domains, change where they point (host service) and of course i want to be able to lock/unlock them.

From my web service provider i have a nice setup and i am happy but that does not mean i will stay forever.

Also i have come across quite a lot of specialized terminology please be nice to me and use plain language if possible.

On the other side of the question, is there any software solution to administer those domains? officially? i am using at the moment RAGE Domainer and is great apart from the fact you can't modify the Name servers... it is mostly a help app rather than an administration app.

thanks in advance for your time.

Very informative.Thanks

I think GoDaddy accepts payments through paypal.

Donald0814,

Go Daddy does accept payment via PayPal; however, Go Daddy only accept PayPal accounts that are backed by a Credit Card.

Go Daddy does not accept the following:

· PayPal account only backed by check.
    · PayPal account backed by a non-verified bank account.
    · PayPal account backed by a VERIFIED bank account.
    · PayPal account backed by PayPal version of funds on hand.

PayPal will not let you select an account the does not meet our criteria. PayPal will prompt you for a credit card number if your PayPal account does not have one applied.
    Mike

Hi there,
    Updates needed for "Registerfly" in there!

Cheers!
    -----------------------------------
    CENSORSHIP?? They can't stop m

nice post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast