google text ads question.

We've been running google ad's for the last few months , and normally we got an image ad for a few impressions a day. However in the last few weeks our traffic has increased a ton , and we've seen a pretty steady stream of google image ad's on the site in place of any text ad's. Is google designed to do this or are we just getting lucky?
    Erick Pauley Erick@e-rev.tv
    Marketing Managerwww.e-rev.tv

Electronic Revolution , Gaming TV Enhanced

I think google choose to list banners on sites that produce higher traffic.

Are you noticing a better click rate with the banners?
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook

Can even be that some advertiser is bidding on your site

There are lot of factors related to it actually. Starting from the value of your content to goolge (ad bots does visit sites for contents), bid going on the keywords that triggets the ads on your site. Advertisers can even choose to bid directly for ad placement on your site.
    WebHosting.com.bd - Web Hosting Bangladesh
    DomainDokan.com - Domain Registration Bangladesh

Time to shake the nest...

I'm currently redeveloping my blog. Nobody but me knows the URL. I have Google ads on the site already for testing. 99 out of 100, I'll get an image ad from Google, rather than text. That would appear to suggest that traffic numbers have no impact on whether you see image or text ads from Google.

dotcomUnderground seems to have a good idea of how Google determines whether to show you images or text. I'm not sure where that leaves my test/new blog, but I just gathered I would throw it out there to confuse you all.

FWIW, and I'm sure you know this already, you can easily choose to turn off images ads or text ads, and just display one or the other. This is done during the setup process for a new Google advert.

Image ads pay worse then text ads, and they're less attractive in most situations. Unless you specifically WANT image ads (I have sites where I do), I would chose "text ads only" when you are creating your adsense unit.

Well the image adds put by google are less attractive then the original text adds , i hate them they are also there in mah site...
    Looking for someone to manage Link Building? Have a look at BlognList link building.Also join, attractive
    Link building affiliates.

Google, as believe by some webmasters, prefer Image Ad. they say people would love to click an Image Ad than text ad. Remember that human beings are very visual, especially men.

If you are referring to Google Adwords, this is most likely caused as your Quality Score has improved. It can take serveral days to several weeks for your Quality Score to improve enough to see an increase of clicks.

If you are referring to Google Adsense, the same can also hold true for this. With both programs the longer you have a campaign running the better ROI or CPM should increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ErevErick View Post
    We've been running google ad's for the last few months , and normally we got an image ad for a few impressions a day. However in the last few weeks our traffic has increased a ton , and we've seen a pretty steady stream of google image ad's on the site in place of any text ad's. Is google designed to do this or are we just getting lucky?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)