Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hostgator || Eleven2???

There's a big question in my mind, I'm trying to decide which of these resellers I should buy. Hostgator or Eleven2??? Eleven2 charges lower prices and has 2x more disk space and bandwidth than Hostgator. BUT Gator seems to be much more reliable, have better reviews and is on the market for MANY years.

Which one should I choose?

(Other company recomendations for reselling are fine too, budget: $25.00)
    Last edited by sledge90; 03-20-2012 at 02:14 AM.

I would suggest Eleven2.

You have NOT seen good reviews of hostgator. You have seen reviews backed up by affiliates links.
    Nothin much.

You have NOT seen good reviews of hostgator. You have seen reviews backed up by affiliates links.
    Yeah, but I think that's common for every big hosting company out there.

Eleven 2 I have used before and I will certainly vote them. They provide outstanding support + Extra features (: WHMCS! Prices are quite established and budget friedly as well.

Both have money back guarantees so you can always try both and see who is a better fit after some time. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

HostGator is a pioneer of Reseller hosting so they should know something for all these years

May not be a bad idea to run both programs simultaneously -- for two reasons:
    1) so you can fully evaluate both services and
    2) each serves as a back-up for the other - in case of problems.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

I have the same question! This is very difficult for anyone to chose the best hosting company!

Hostgator don't allow overselling, so you can't create packages with more specs than your reseller account have. I would suggest Eleven2.com
    www.Hostzoom.net
    Pure SSD Powered cPanel web hosting with location in Amsterdam, Netherland.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmin_Hosticulture View Post
    I would suggest Eleven2.

Really? You seriously think any good reviews are 'backed by affliates links'? They've been around for years, I don't make any money nor work for HostGator in anyway, other than me being a customer of them for years on end. I work in IT and have been for many years now, when it comes to reliability and service they are one of the best out there, which is why I've decided to stick with them for as long as I have. Which is why, I've decided to go with hostgator reseller to provide to my clients because I trust them with their service and reliability so much, which is more important for me than anything else.

OP, my experience with hostgator reselling is nothing short of exceptional. I would go with them because if I provide a service to my customer, I know that the company that I'm reselling through won't go out of a business in a week or something, they are industry pioneers and experts, I can honestly recommend no one else. No, I do not get paid by hostgator for this comment or include affiliate links in my posts.
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

My current host is trying fix downtime on my server as we speak and it is now too much for me to continue with them. I have counted a total of 46 support tickets that I have opened with them in the past 3months so I am now fed up and I am now in the market for a new host.

So, I would ALSO love the answer to this one. E2 really does look like a great hosting company but looks can be deceiving. I have for many years passed by the HG website and wondered if I should not try them out.
    Last edited by wolvyreen; 04-05-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Don't know about Hostgator, but I do know Eleven2.
    I'm on a reseller plan for 3 months now, and it's SLOW. I have submitted numerous tickets regarding this, they always say they fixed it and the next day is again slow. It usually happens after noon so I guess it's just an overloaded server problem.
    Their fixes (or excuses, which ever suits you) were about:
    memory issues, malware scanner running(resource hog ?), switch and routing in general, and I'm currently waiting for a new fix, who knows what they'll come up with.
    I'm moving out by the end of the month, probably.

Forgot to mention that our traffic is minimal. (since we're still trying them out with 3 sites, 2 static plain html and an eshop with about 2GB of traffic a month).
    So there's no excuse really, just admit it Eleven2, your server is overloaded.

No Affiliates here!

We have been with Hostgator for about 3 years now and have never had a problem with them. No downtime, no big issues (just minor), everything is great with them. And when we have contacted them they answer back pretty fast! There chat works great also! Support system is also excellent.

We are also using Eleven 2 for a couple of months now since we wanted to try something else besides Hostgator (not all eggs in the same nest). But we think that probably we will transfer this account with them also. We haven't had any problems yet (just minor issues) with E2 but we are taking tiny steps. Although E2 has better package and better price, but just can't beat the excellent service from Hostgator.

Love Hostgator! Will need some extra time with Eleven2!

I suggest HostGator, personally.

Thumbs up

There are no negatives of Hostgator, but I would suggest eleven2. A pretty good reviews around and a few of their members are active on the forum. Should you have any issue, you can definitely get them to fix it.

I've tried them both, personally I would suggest HostGator.

I have not tried either however from what I have seen Hostgator is your best bet, their pricing against resource given what they offer in extras seems sensible.

All I can see with Eleven 2 given their pricing against resource and extras is massive overselling. Their plans are of a size that attracts the type of person that is going to oversell and what you are going to find as many people seem to be commenting on is slow running hardware.

Just my 2c

I have been with hostgator for about 5 years now. I really like them and would recommend them. They offer excellent support no matter what time a day.

I would say Hostgator. They have been around for a long time and are still able to react quickly to any situation. Reliability is a huge thing with hosting.

Angry BEWARE OF ELEVEN2.

BEWARE OF ELEVEN2.
    I'm on the R-200 reseller program 3 months now, and it's a nightmare. If you want I can show you the tickets I've submitted. I have stopped dealing with these guys for a few days now. They oversell and the UK server I'm on is overloaded.
    Currently I have the alertra plan constantly checking on one domain, I'll show the results at the end of the month, so people know what a ripoff eleven2 is.

Save your money, you'll regret it as I did. I'm currently searching for someone else, europe based.

Quote Originally Posted by macns View Post
    BEWARE OF ELEVEN2.
    I'm on the R-200 reseller program 3 months now, and it's a nightmare. If you want I can show you the tickets I've submitted. I have stopped dealing with these guys for a few days now. They oversell and the UK server I'm on is overloaded.
    Currently I have the alertra plan constantly checking on one domain, I'll show the results at the end of the month, so people know what a ripoff eleven2 is.

Save your money, you'll regret it as I did. I'm currently searching for someone else, europe based.
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Can you please e-mail me your ticket id or domain to rodney@eleven2.com - we have not been having any issues with such, so I am quite shocked to hear of that. Our firewall does cause false-positives with most monitoring services as they slam our servers, so I would never take that as a indicator to much.

If you can please contact me, I will gladly get things sorted out for you right away.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven2 Hosting View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Can you please e-mail me your ticket id or domain to rodney@eleven2.com - we have not been having any issues with such, so I am quite shocked to hear of that. Our firewall does cause false-positives with most monitoring services as they slam our servers, so I would never take that as a indicator to much.

If you can please contact me, I will gladly get things sorted out for you right away.
    Ticket ID: 287801

I agree with the slowness and load with eleven2, still they are good on the setup. Cloudlinux, R1Soft, Cloudfare and overselling allowed would definitely eat the gator!!

Quote Originally Posted by optimusone View Post
    I agree with the slowness and load with eleven2, still they are good on the setup. Cloudlinux, R1Soft, Cloudfare and overselling allowed would definitely eat the gator!!
    There is another thread with similar comments

Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing slowness with Eleven2 after all, though I was accused by the Eleven2 staff that my clients were overloading the server (merely just one of them with less than 2gb/month traffic) .. yet the managing director (or whatever) said I was the only one to report such an issue!

Rodney on the other hand, was the only one to actually look at the server, still he didn't solve my problem. To my experience server is still overloaded, though it seems the offline-ness issue has been addressed.
    But that's not enough for an eshop, is it. A loading time of ~10 seconds for a page that normally loads in 0,05 is not acceptable.

Having moved to another provider for a similar reseller plan, I'd say my issue is fixed -for now- hope it lasts, or else I will have to move to a vps :/

Problems

Hi, we are on the R-100 reseller program last 15 days, and it's a nightmare! We have problems with loading websites and startup surfing it's about 15sec, next problem is "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL." Last two days we have this problem! We were on Hostgator for 3 years, all was rock stable, we decide to came on Eleven2 becouse thay have good recommendation here on this forum and thay are also from Europe, ping is about 50ms, hostgator is 150ms from us. Test time of 10 days on 3 accounts was ok but after we transported 30 accouns server is overloaded or someting like that. Sorry for my english but i must say this is not my recommendation. Hostgator is ok. We will test this 5 more days and make final decision.
    Support: Ticket #893590

all best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast