targeting webhosting towards certain demographics

As we all know, there are literally thousands of webhosting companies out there. It's a crowded market and any thing you can do to leverage your business would be great. Having said this, what do people think of the idea of just targeting certain demographics? For example, do you think it's feasable to target webhosting to those who are just Asian? Or Hispanic? Or a certain vertical market? Has anyone heard of such a thing? And if you haven't, is it because it's a lame brain idea to begin with?

Almost everyone targets a specific demographic....
    fuse9 LLC
    -General Manager-
    www.fuse9.net

Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, Now offering VPS!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKeaton
    For example, do you think it's feasable to target webhosting to those who are just Asian? Or Hispanic? Or a certain vertical market? Has anyone heard of such a thing? And if you haven't, is it because it's a lame brain idea to begin with?
    I think it's almost impossible to target a certain ethnicity. It would be easier though to target a specific country or age group.

--Adrian
    IceStorm.com - Top Provider of Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Cloud VPS Plans.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.

If you analyze different datas including the factors that influence a large ethnicity group it can be possible to target them. BTW, targeting specific "language" and specific community is much easier than targeting certain ethincity.

Sure it is called a niche and it can be directed at almost anything specific like ethnicity, age, geographic location. It is done basically in everything we do business wise to some extent. Just remember to make sure what you pick is a viable economic business model and just not a handful of people in the world.

Also if you go in more and more in depth to particular niche, you may find that particular niche has some unfulfilled wants and need, hence it enable you to frame your marketing strategy closely to meet their specific need and you come out with viable business model that most suitable to specific area.

Quote Originally Posted by etechsupport2
    If you analyze different datas including the factors that influence a large ethnicity group it can be possible to target them. BTW, targeting specific "language" and specific community is much easier than targeting certain ethincity.
    re: language- Hmm...I never thought of it that way. Too bad that I am not fluent in other languages though. There are certain benefits such as psychological when you are 'branded' as the go-to guy for a certain community.

AlexKeaton,

I dont think its necessary to have fluency in other "language" that you are going to target, you can set preferred language on your site to make change your website viewing language for your specific audience and for support you can take remote support to provide phone/email/chat support on specific language.

Every business targets their specific product or service toward a specific target market. Every commercial on TV has a specific target market. In order to successfully sell, you have to be extremely specific. In terms of web hosting idk about selling to hispanics, asians, etc. But what if you sold to specific segments such as hosting for medical websites, hosting for religious, etc.

That’s what I do. I try to change my ads to who I would think the viewer would be. I find that it works best to do that, tts just basic marketing knowledge.