Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Regards,
    Raicol
    Web Hosting

I am actually thinking of this.

Which is faster: a 1000 clients on reseller hosting or a 1000 clients on a VPS?

thanks for ur nice tut

I think reseller hosting better for beginners as it can give us experience in managing clients. Also no need much technical knowledge.

But can't you program your VPS to be more suited to a particular niche of sites like proxies or forums which is really beneficial to a hosting website compared to reseller programs...

Quote Originally Posted by galwin View Post
    I am actually thinking of this.

Which is faster: a 1000 clients on reseller hosting or a 1000 clients on a VPS?
    Neither is plausible so I would say about the same

Thanks

How about 500 clients?

VPS is way better imo. You get pretty much full control

Thanks

How about 500 clients?
    That is still a lot of clients to put on just a VPS. Get a dedicated server, a quad core at least to have a chance at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phynom Technologies View Post
    That is still a lot of clients to put on just a VPS. Get a dedicated server, a quad core at least to have a chance at that.
    Thank you for your reply.

Is it too much for a VPS even if it's 500 clients with 1GB space and 10GB bandwidth each?

There are pros and cons to each. I guess it depends how many customers you will have and what type of sites they will be running etc.

I'v tried both and still am using the reseller hosting, and as of now I really do enjoy the reseller feel more than VPS.
    We RuNn ThiS
    A clan network. We house some of the biggest & brightest clan & player talent to date.
    Established Jan 11th 2010!

Thank you for your reply.

Is it too much for a VPS even if it's 500 clients with 1GB space and 10GB bandwidth each?
    Yes,

Imagine you're giving almost 500 GB space and 5000GB Bandwidth to your clients on a VPS.

Plus, there will be 500+ virtual host entries in your Apache configuration file.

I can't even think of hosting 50 account on a VPS.

A resold account is just like any other shared hosting account, with a cPanel as its control panel under Linux platform.

In my option I think that VPS's are better then resellers regardless of the price.

It makes you look more professional. Instead of opening a support ticket to make changes that you need to have root privs. you can just do it instantly on your vps.

Anyting resellers are good for is if you are tight on money.

Thank you for the info, at once I even go as far to think that why not just stick with shared hosting. I realized that shared hosting is very limited.

Nice Article but I still feel that vps is not up to it as yet

Very interesting read.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Sorry not meaning to hijack this thread but after reading it i got a question,

Most VPS offer something like 2 IP per purchase and more can be rented, but does it mean that they are on different c class ip if not specified?

i found a lot of useful info here, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bupler View Post
    Sorry not meaning to hijack this thread but after reading it i got a question,

Most VPS offer something like 2 IP per purchase and more can be rented, but does it mean that they are on different c class ip if not specified?
    They're usually on the same C Class but the provider will allow you to have different ones on request.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

I see, thank you. I recently got a VPS without Cpanel / Plesk and it was pretty horrible for a new user. I looked up free alternatives for Cpanel and I found out Webmin, but for a newbie like me Webmin is a lot harder compared to Cpanel. With Cpanel all I had to do is go to Addon Domain, enter the domain address, and I'm done. In Webmin it seems a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bupler View Post
    I see, thank you. I recently got a VPS without Cpanel / Plesk and it was pretty horrible for a new user. I looked up free alternatives for Cpanel and I found out Webmin, but for a newbie like me Webmin is a lot harder compared to Cpanel. With Cpanel all I had to do is go to Addon Domain, enter the domain address, and I'm done. In Webmin it seems a lot harder.
    Yes, I prefer cPanel/WHM too. Definitely worth the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by klasiknet2 View Post
    Sometimes Resellers was more expensive than the VPS ..
    They can be when comparing say UK to US providers, unmanaged to managed, realistic to unrealistic plans/servers, etc. Just remember "you get what you pay for" and "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

Not Worth It For Me

For me VPS wouldn't we worth it because everything I do is so small scale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast